Green Day

Talk about non grunge music and music in general in here. Don't be shy, we don't bite.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Wolf_grrrl
Grunge guru

Re: green day... ahhh the contraversy

Post by Wolf_grrrl »

I don't like Green Day. I kinda liked them three, four years ago but I can't stand them now. Maybe it's because lots of my friends love them and they constantly listen to them:?
Rusty_Cage
Grunge fan

Post by Rusty_Cage »

FeedMyEyes wrote: Did anybody listen to Know Your Enemy from the new album? It was basically just trying to find as many words as possible that rhyme with enemy.
That was without a doubt the weakest song on the album. I enjoyed the rest for the most part though.
[img]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/metalliccorps/nirvana.jpg[/img]
ScentlessApprentice
Grunge fanatic

Post by ScentlessApprentice »

i never liked green day. some of their stuffs ok but i HATE know your enemy. theres tons of kids at school obsessed with that song. it gets really annoying :evil:
Wolf_grrrl
Grunge guru

Post by Wolf_grrrl »

^Yea, I know EXACTLY what u mean :lol:
Jack_Armstrong
Grunge guru

Re: Green Day

Post by Jack_Armstrong »

I like Green Day. I absolutely loved the album Dookie. I’m sure that was the second album I ever bought, in very late 1999 I think, 5 years after its initial release. Insomniac and Nimrod were very good follow-ups. American Idiot, while it does have some nice songs, I think is highly overrated compared to GD’s earlier releases.
BleedTheFreak
Grunge guru

Post by BleedTheFreak »

I like Sweet Children and 1000 Hours,
but I don't care for the rest of their material and "Basket Case" makes my want to claw my brain out of my ears.
"Black windows of paint; I scratched with my nails." | "In the darkest hole, you'd be well advised not to plan my funeral before the body dies."
Ⓐ 𝑺𝑬𝑬 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑺𝑷𝑨𝑪𝑬 𝑪𝑶𝑾𝑩𝑶𝒀 ☭ | twitter | instagram | tumblr (i know)
incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace »

Longview til the day I die. I couldn't possibly care any less about everything else they released (honorary mention of When I Come Around which was my jam in early 95).
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote:And who made you president of grunge town?
XsInMyEyes
Grunge master

Post by XsInMyEyes »

One of my "middle-of-the-road" bands.
-
What I mean by that is, they've produced some fine work (no, it does not mean that if they were in the middle of the road, I would carry on driving!) - "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" is a good'un for sure, I personally own Dookie but that originally belonged to my ex, she left the album at my home and never came back for it. My mam quite liked them too, I grew up with hearing Warning, Nimrod and later American Idiot - the word that Johnny Rotten said in 2005 described the band perfectly.
-
But I just don't like how pretentious they are - I mean, even their early stuff was nothing close to what I would consider "punk rock", nor did they ever capture the spirit that make the punk movement of the late 1970s what it was.
Among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected.
- William of Occcam

Io Opro.