12/21/12 - The End Of The World!

For musicians and wannabe musicians. Talk about your own band and experiences with playing music and feel free to share your music with us!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, j-bug, KristinNirvana, evee103, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, boxcar

boxcar
Site Admin

Re: 12/21/12 - The End Of The World!

Post by boxcar »

KristinNirvana wrote:
Schneider wrote:It's cool! Jen said you sound a lot like Mark Arm and I agree.
It's true. In fact I turned it on again absent mindedly, and thought I was listening to Mudhoney for a second. And yeah it does get grungier. I'm really liking the songs!
So I just watched like 5 videos I never saw before. Thanks for that list!

Thanks for giving them a chance Kristen, that seems to be the hard part is getting anyone to listen so I really appreciate each and everyone who takes time to listen at least once. Though I'm not at all trying to do the Mudhoney thing (I get people saying Billy Corgan and Cobain sometimes too) I am always honored to be put in with those amazing musicians. So thank you. :)
Site Admin

Post by j-bug »

boxcar wrote:
Luciditypro wrote:
boxcar wrote:That's cool you can tell the difference. It's not like I want to be the Godsmack or Creed of the Mudhoney world.

One time though I was playing "Piece OF Cake" in my car and my daughter got in and was like "When did you make this album Dad?". At that point you just have to laugh. :D
I had no idea you had a kid!
Yeah, they are actually grown now so they don't come up much. My wife had them at 16 years old.
i had Jamie Joyce at 17.its hard going.
:twisted:
boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar »

j-bug wrote:
i had Jamie Joyce at 17.its hard going.
It can be, then again I can't imagine life without them. :)

Post by Y2K-kyle »

Dan, I listened to your EP earlier and I must say, AWESOME JOB! Really nice work man.
otherimprov wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar »

Y2K-kyle wrote:Dan, I listened to your EP earlier and I must say, AWESOME JOB! Really nice work man.
Thanks a billion! I had a bad musical fail today and I come on the forum and read this. Really helped my day and confidence back. I really appreciate your comment.

Post by Y2K-kyle »

boxcar wrote:
Y2K-kyle wrote:Dan, I listened to your EP earlier and I must say, AWESOME JOB! Really nice work man.
Thanks a billion! I had a bad musical fail today and I come on the forum and read this. Really helped my day and confidence back. I really appreciate your comment.
No problem dude.
otherimprov wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
XsInMyEyes
Grunge master

Post by XsInMyEyes »

boxcar wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:49 am That's cool you can tell the difference. It's not like I want to be the Godsmack or Creed of the Mudhoney world.
I think Dandelion beat you to it!

That's from the debut album by them, I Think I'm Gonnna Be Sick. The follow up from 1995 had more in common with Nirvana
Among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected.
- William of Occcam