Green Day

Talk about non grunge music and music in general in here. Don't be shy, we don't bite.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

Wolf_grrrl
Grunge guru

Re: green day... ahhh the contraversy

Post by Wolf_grrrl » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:00 am

I don't like Green Day. I kinda liked them three, four years ago but I can't stand them now. Maybe it's because lots of my friends love them and they constantly listen to them:?

Rusty_Cage
Grunge fan

Post by Rusty_Cage » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:05 pm

FeedMyEyes wrote: Did anybody listen to Know Your Enemy from the new album? It was basically just trying to find as many words as possible that rhyme with enemy.
That was without a doubt the weakest song on the album. I enjoyed the rest for the most part though.
[img]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/metalliccorps/nirvana.jpg[/img]

ScentlessApprentice
Grunge fanatic

Post by ScentlessApprentice » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:03 am

i never liked green day. some of their stuffs ok but i HATE know your enemy. theres tons of kids at school obsessed with that song. it gets really annoying :evil:

Wolf_grrrl
Grunge guru

Post by Wolf_grrrl » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:41 am

^Yea, I know EXACTLY what u mean :lol:

Jack_Armstrong
Grunge guru

Re: Green Day

Post by Jack_Armstrong » Sun May 13, 2018 8:57 am

I like Green Day. I absolutely loved the album Dookie. I’m sure that was the second album I ever bought, in very late 1999 I think, 5 years after its initial release. Insomniac and Nimrod were very good follow-ups. American Idiot, while it does have some nice songs, I think is highly overrated compared to GD’s earlier releases.

BleedTheFreak
Grunge guru

Post by BleedTheFreak » Tue May 22, 2018 8:02 pm

I like Sweet Children and 1000 Hours,
but I don't care for the rest of their material and "Basket Case" makes my want to claw my brain out of my ears.
"Black windows of paint; I scratched with my nails." | "In the darkest hole, you'd be well advised not to plan my funeral before the body dies."
instagram | 90's tumblr | No, I still don't listen to Pearl Jam.

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Fri May 25, 2018 10:33 am

Longview til the day I die. I couldn't possibly care any less about everything else they released (honorary mention of When I Come Around which was my jam in early 95).
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
P A I V wrote: fuck off i talk new york