Kiss’ Paul Stanley Rips Modern Musicians: ‘They Aren’t Human Beings’

Talk about non grunge music and music in general in here. Don't be shy, we don't bite.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

sadie

Re: Kiss’ Paul Stanley Rips Modern Musicians: ‘They Aren’t Human Beings’

Post by sadie »

True. I miss him.
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.
Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider »

I never ready any of his posts.
sadie

Post by sadie »

I bet you and him would have had awesome conversations.

He's answers were well thought and organized. He was just so good at it, it didn't matter if you agreed with him with the thing or not. Impressive answers.
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.
KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana »

I would actually try to read them all, but some were so long and I didn't have the time. I did read a lot though, and I definitely appreciate the effort.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support
incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace »

I always thought he was a truly original person although it's always hard to tell when you never met someone in person. That's a great thing about the forum, there are so many gifted people here.
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote:And who made you president of grunge town?
Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle »

incessantmace wrote:I wish Paul/Slugg was still posting. I'm sure he'd have some profound things to say (and show) on what amazing things you can do with technology, creativity and soul.
Paul was awesome! He had such great insight on conversations, and he was one of the first here to back me up and help me with learning how the this place works. He was great.
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker »

subpop1999 wrote:I did. Laughed my ass off.

As for electric guitars being the same as computers... eh. Maybe. But they're cooler. And it takes talent to play it. Skill and talent. Anyone who knows how to work a computer can make simple beats or dubstep. There's the difference there. Yeah, distortion and unnatural shit can be added to an electric, but it's all real. It's all coming from a person who knows how to play the instrument, just louder than an acoustic. As for computer, not the same.
I'm not saying electric guitars are the same as computers at all. I'm just saying either weren't well respected when they were introduced. I don't care for computer generated music for the most part (like 99.99999999 percent of the time?). I don't think its all that simple though....sure you can do some simple stuff with pretty basic programs but thats limiting your ideas to whats instantly doable. A computer is a tool. It should be used to assist in achieving your vision it shouldn't limit what your vision is. That helps suck out soul reguardless of what tools you use. I like computers for recording music but not for generating it. I'm tired and probably sounding like a dick so I'm gonna go get some sleep. ;-p
subpop1999
Grunge God

Post by subpop1999 »

didnt sound like a dick to me. i get what youre saying and i absolutely agree with it. as you said. i believe the only thing a computer should have to do with music is recording it, not generating it ;) i like that
Fuck this American bullshit, I'm from Yorkshire, and it's Yorkshire day. Let's go eat some tatties and Yorkshire pudding.
Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker »

cool glad it didn't rub you the wrong way..... I can get pretty intense when it comes to music stuff but sometimes I make light hearted comments just to get a conversation going....whos to say people know which is which....and I can ramble on about stuff too.
Its funny how things are first viewed compared to how they are later and forever after viewed.... I've read that Buddy Holly was first considered an Elvis rip off which just boggles the mind....but when you think of it they were both white performers playing what was considered black music at the time and with just radio and no visuals they were sometimes mistaken as actually being black performers....but its hard to think of them as interchangable enough for one to be considered a copy of the other........ but the most mind boggling comment I've heard from way back music history is that when he came out Bob Marley wasn't considered real reggae.............my jaw hit the floor when I heard that one.
KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana »

I wonder if that'll happen to grunge...bands like Creed will be considered great grunge bands :lol:
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support
subpop1999
Grunge God

Post by subpop1999 »

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gooooooooooood noooooooooooooooooo
Fuck this American bullshit, I'm from Yorkshire, and it's Yorkshire day. Let's go eat some tatties and Yorkshire pudding.
Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker »

that already happened...then people who thought that dried up and died.
subpop1999
Grunge God

Post by subpop1999 »

good :)
XsInMyEyes
Grunge master

Post by XsInMyEyes »

It becomes extremely tiring and depressing to hear these folks winge on and on with this narrative of “oh, they’re rubbish, they only got to number two!”. Back in the day, it was considered a massive achievement to even scrape the top-100.
— —-
To me it appears, that Poland and Russia, Eastern European countries like that, have significantly less of a misfortune with the music industry than we in “the west” generally do. I believe that in those countries, there is less corporate oversight with the charts — you still get these mainstream pop-singers, but there’s more of a healthy mix there, and even older rock artists, Deep Purple for instance, enjoy a greater success and mainstream exposure there..
It's hard to start things over, You can feel the fire around us, All the time. It's still unfashionable to beleive in principles.Let the Music Play.

Among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected.
- William of Occam