SHIRTS.Bands that wear they're own shirt.... your thoughts?

Talk about non grunge music and music in general in here. Don't be shy, we don't bite.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

PJAICfan
Grunge God

Re: SHIRTS.Bands that wear they're own shirt.... your though

Post by PJAICfan »

boxcar wrote:
Daffy wrote:Would be awsomme to do a gig together once!! :) totally rock out!
malfunkshun333 wrote:Send me a Tripod shirt! I'd rock that shit on stage.
Tripod / Malfunkshun / Raw Mojo show. Who is coming?
Please do this somewhere reasonable, it would be incredible :D :mrgreen:
Easy come, easy go
Easy left me a long time ago..
boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar »

PJAICfan wrote:
boxcar wrote:
Daffy wrote:Would be awsomme to do a gig together once!! :) totally rock out!
malfunkshun333 wrote:Send me a Tripod shirt! I'd rock that shit on stage.
Raw Mojo travel to Washington if Tripod does. It's only right we do it up in the State that started it all.
Grunge maniac

Post by malfunkshun333 »

Lace Weeper is traveling in from Ireland to play in Seattle April 5th, with us! Rev Luv from Chicago did it last year too!
Daffy
Grunge God

Post by Daffy »

I cant afford the states this year, but we are talking about doing it next year...we got alot happening for us this year, an asian tour is down, recording of a new album and we are in the talks about some europe tours...but next year its all about the states! but if i all of a sudden get rich ill be there in a heartbeat!
NEW SINGLE FROM TRIPOD!! SAFE PLACE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMD2YBJ ... e=youtu.be
PJAICfan
Grunge God

Post by PJAICfan »

boxcar wrote:
PJAICfan wrote:
boxcar wrote:

Raw Mojo travel to Washington if Tripod does. It's only right we do it up in the State that started it all.
Ive been wanting to take a trip to Washington for a few years now, this'll be an excuse, just make sure it's an all ages show and I'll be there
Easy come, easy go
Easy left me a long time ago..
Fuzz Face
Grunge prophet

Post by Fuzz Face »

Well, why shouldn´t musicians wear t-shirts of their own bands? It´s a mere statement that you like your band and that you everything you do with love!
boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar »

Fuzz Face wrote:Well, why shouldn´t musicians wear t-shirts of their own bands? It´s a mere statement that you like your band and that you everything you do with love!
There is a some weird code of conduct that says you can't wear a shirt of the band you are going to see to their own concert which I always found very strange. I remember going to a Pearl jam show with a bunch of friends and I wore some old vintage PJ shirt and the whole way to the show they were like "Oh, you are THAT guy? Really?", as if it were taboo. They even wanted to stop somewhere so I could buy another shirt to wear to the show as to not be seen with me. WTF? When we got to the concert all of us bought merch including some shirts!

I'll just say this, wear whatever the hell you want to wear and don't worry about what other people think. In the end you'll be glad you were true to yourself.
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana »

boxcar wrote:
There is a some weird code of conduct that says you can't wear a shirt of the band you are going to see to their own concert which I always found very strange.
I had never heard of that until earlier in this thread. The only concert I've been to was a Pixies one where my mom bought me a shirt in the line waiting to get in, so I wore it. It seems silly to act like you can't wear a shirt of the band you're going to see. one would think you would want to, though then if you do wear a shirt of another band, you could help advertise for them, since people already know of the band you're all going to see.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support
Daffy
Grunge God

Post by Daffy »

boxcar wrote:
Fuzz Face wrote:Well, why shouldn´t musicians wear t-shirts of their own bands? It´s a mere statement that you like your band and that you everything you do with love!
There is a some weird code of conduct that says you can't wear a shirt of the band you are going to see to their own concert which I always found very strange. I remember going to a Pearl jam show with a bunch of friends and I wore some old vintage PJ shirt and the whole way to the show they were like "Oh, you are THAT guy? Really?", as if it were taboo. They even wanted to stop somewhere so I could buy another shirt to wear to the show as to not be seen with me. WTF? When we got to the concert all of us bought merch including some shirts!

I'll just say this, wear whatever the hell you want to wear and don't worry about what other people think. In the end you'll be glad you were true to yourself.

Shit...dude...i would piss in those friends mouths.....
NEW SINGLE FROM TRIPOD!! SAFE PLACE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMD2YBJ ... e=youtu.be
Fuzz Face
Grunge prophet

Post by Fuzz Face »

Daffy wrote:
boxcar wrote:

Shit...dude...i would piss in those friends mouths.....
Well I think that would be to much really. 8D
Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea »

Daffy wrote:I cant afford the states this year, but we are talking about doing it next year...we got alot happening for us this year, an asian tour is down, recording of a new album and we are in the talks about some europe tours...but next year its all about the states! but if i all of a sudden get rich ill be there in a heartbeat!
I'd love to see you guys if you came to the states!!
boxcar wrote:

The ONLY reason I don't wear the band's shirts to their concerts are because someone else is going to have my shirt and I just hate that for some reason. HUGE pet peeve.
shanze wrote:And you will. You will.

Then you put your spell on him and Jerry shall be yours.

FOREVER!
TLicata
Grunge maniac

Post by TLicata »

I feel like bands wearing any band shirts is fine. Their own band it shows self appreciation, and wearing other bands directs you to their influences. Iron Maiden and the Who Would wear their own shirts. Although Nickelback does too...
TLicata
Grunge maniac

Post by TLicata »

boxcar wrote:

I've never had a problem with that... I actually wear the bands shirt every time if I have it... I feel like it lets them know I appreciate their stuff.
Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker »

I almost regret starting this thread...but if it branched off into some cool cross ocean grungeforumfest then hell I'm not ashamed at all!!!...... I really thought someone would get that a small fraction of it was a nod to the 90s movie PCU.... I tried to find a fuller clip of the specific scene but I couldn't....just 9 seconds worth that might make me look like even more of a dick....but oh well
Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker »

note.... 156 people like this clip and only 8 don't. I'm a dick.