Pandora Radio

Talk about non grunge music and music in general in here. Don't be shy, we don't bite.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Luciditypro
Grunge God

Re: Pandora mo' fackin' radio!

Post by Luciditypro »

Oh yeah I forgot about that! They did a great job, I think!
Shake it like a Polaroid picture.

Follow your dreams, no one can stop you.
Except a person in a tank.
A person in a tank could probably stop you.
evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 »

Hmm.....it was ok ^^; Not sure it's my type a musics, sowwy!
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum
sadie

Post by sadie »

Yeah not bad at all.
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.
Luciditypro
Grunge God

Post by Luciditypro »

:lol: yeah I didn't figure you would like it all that much, no worries. I've just gotta spam up everyone with them. :)
Well, nice talking but I've gotta be up in a few hours so I really need to try and go to bed.. Have a good night/morning/whatever. I'm out.

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 »

Noiiiight noiiiight!! 8D
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum
KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana »

sadie wrote:They also covered Would

Oh cool, I didn't know they covered that! Yeah like 3 different people recommended them to me and I always hear generally good things, so I did check them out and thought they were great.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support
evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 »

The Cure.........how do you get that right after some Social D?
ISayFuckYouSay...
Grunge God

Post by ISayFuckYouSay... »

I don't like it. I put on Monster Magnet radio & Metallica came on, that's a fail in my book. So I was done with Pandora.

The dude from Opeth is a big fan of one of my favorite bands; Comus. Even went so far as to name an Opeth EP after them "My Arms Your Hearse", which is lyrics from their song "Drip Drip".
[url]http://www.FaceBook.Com/DOGGENSTEIN[/url]
[url]http://www.Doggenstein.BandCamp.Com[/url]
[url]http://www.reverbnation.com/DOGGENSTEIN[/url]
[url]http://www.last.fm/music/doggenstein[/url]
[url]http://signmeto.roadrunnerrecords.com/artists/doggenstein[/url]
Gigglesx0
Grunge maniac

Pandora Radio

Post by Gigglesx0 »

I'm just curious as to what pandora stations are usually on your computer :P If you use Pandora Internet Radio.

I usually set mine to Nirvana because it plays a bit of everything from the "grunge" era of music. Also a bit of post-grunge so that I can get the feel of some new bands.

However, when not listening to grunge type music, I set it on "Never Shout Never" Radio. I hate never shout never, so I always skip their songs, but they play acoustic songs on that station in which I like apart from grunge music so yeah. :P

Are there any you have on specifically for any reason?
Hello, I'm Ellie andd...
I believe in Rock & Roll and the power to be an individual and be original. I will never belong to anyone.
Luciditypro
Grunge God

Re: Pandora Radio

Post by Luciditypro »

We already have a Pandora thread, but I'll reply because I'm bored. The stations I normally play are: Eyedea and Abilities, Sadistik, Bonobo, Opeth, Melvins, Acid Bath, Tool, A Perfect Circle, and the Pixies. I have a crazy amount of other stations though that range anywhere from folk-rock to deathcore, but the stations I listed there seem to get the most play from me.

Fuzz Face
Grunge prophet

Post by Fuzz Face »

Unfortunately Pandora is unavailable here in Austria :mrgreen:
KristinNirvana
Site Admin

Post by KristinNirvana »

I rarely use it, but I keep it on the Grunge/Seattle Sound channel. I tend to use RadioioGrunge for my grunge radio needs.
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Fuzz Face
Grunge prophet

Post by Fuzz Face »

KristinNirvana wrote:I rarely use it, but I keep it on the Grunge/Seattle Sound channel. I tend to use RadioioGrunge for my grunge radio needs.
I made all my grunge discoveries at last.fm, when it still was free. But now, it ain´t free no more...
Gigglesx0
Grunge maniac

Post by Gigglesx0 »

I had no idea that there was a thread already.

And Kristin, I never knew that there was a grunge/seattle station. Haha. Is seattle still big on the whole grunge?
Hello, I'm Ellie andd...
I believe in Rock & Roll and the power to be an individual and be original. I will never belong to anyone.
KristinNirvana
Site Admin

Post by KristinNirvana »

Yeah I'm sure there are tons of actual grunge stations as well, though for radio stations I only know of two, Radioio Grunge (which I found out about because it's the standard grunge radio station for itunes, so if you have itunes you could just go to the radio section and check out all sorts of stuff), and then GrungeFM's Big R Radio Grunge (which I found out about because several members here apparently went on those forums before it got hacked with spam, but the radio still works), and then I know of 3 radio shows on standard radio channels, Overcast Hype from Chicago on during 3-5PM their time every Saturday (though taking a break until about January), Ultimate Kickback from Virginia during 8-9PM their time (though taking a winter break), and Seattle Sound from Cambridge UK, and on every Tuesday from 11-12PM their time.

There is still grunge in Seattle, though I'm sure it's not as popular as it was in 1993, but when I went there a few years ago I saw some grunge dudes, and I recently made a facebook group for the Modern Seattle Grunge Scene, and this one Seattle musician friend hooked us up with all sorts of cool heavy bands that are currently up there, along with other new bands I already knew about.

(yeah I like to give people all the info I know as much as possible, so I hope this helps someone somewhere)
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud