Pandora Radio

Talk about non grunge music and music in general in here. Don't be shy, we don't bite.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

evee103
Site Admin

Pandora mo' fackin' radio!

Post by evee103 »

I know I'm a million years late, but I just discovered it...and wow. I am thoroughly impressed! If you guys wanna hear some good music, play the Dead Milkmen Radio xD SOOO GOOOOD.
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

Luciditypro
Grunge God

Re: Pandora mo' fackin' radio!

Post by Luciditypro »

Wow, you're super late. And yes, the milkmen station is wonderful.
Shake it like a Polaroid picture.

Follow your dreams, no one can stop you.
Except a person in a tank.
A person in a tank could probably stop you.

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 »

It's like musical GOLD I tell ya!
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

Luciditypro
Grunge God

Post by Luciditypro »

Yeah, Pandora is a great way to find out about tons of new and awesome music. Make sure to bookmark an artist that stands out to you, and it'll play more from them and such. I've found out about quite a few this way. :)

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 »

I'm finding that I mostly "thumb up" Dead Kennedy's and Misfits xD

Luciditypro
Grunge God

Post by Luciditypro »

My Milkmen station is predominatley psychobilly and indie rock it seems. :lol: it's fun to "train" each individual station.

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 »

Yeah it is!!! Though I wish my milkmen station played, well, MORE MILKMEN.

Luciditypro
Grunge God

Post by Luciditypro »

:lol: well the point of Pandora is to get you to listen to bands you may not have heard of before but are also in the same vein of the band you're already listening to. So just make sure to thumbs up every milkmen song and it will probably play them 1 out of 10 times.
If you want internet radio thing that will exclusivley play an artist get spotify. It's wonderful (and free). Just be prepared for it launching every time you turn on your computer which gets annoying very quickly. Other then that it's a great program. When I was looking up the milkmen it had a related artists section and sent me in the direction of some cool and crazy stuff like Wild Man Fischer and Wesley Willis and such. I think I like pandora better for finding new music, and then when I want to find more stuff from a band I found out about there I go to spotufy which usually will have the total discography of the artist. It also loads faster then youtube.

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 »

Yeah, I downloaded spotify for like a minute. Shiz annoyed the hell outta me.

Also ew
>that feel when the white stripes come on your milkmen radio.
wtf?

Luciditypro
Grunge God

Post by Luciditypro »

Oh yeah, be prepared for some real wtf moments when it comes to the milkmen station. I like the white stripes and the other weird and out of place ones it seems to play, (can I get a big wtf going to radiohead on my milkmen station?) But jesus, when I'm in a mood for the dead milkmen and dead milkmen esque music, well that's what I want to hear!

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 »

Wow what the hell, radiohead? O_o

Also, man, I feel like an old fart discovering the internet.

Luciditypro
Grunge God

Post by Luciditypro »

Yeah, it can be weird but alot of the stations will have weird ones. I have an opeth station that plays antoine dufour all the time and again, while I like that dude's music, not really the style I'm looking for when I'm listening to opeth. The heavy stuff, or the soft stuff.
Also speaking of opeth, me and my cousin may see them this fall or winter when they tour america again. We have already decided that we will drive 10 hours if we need to. :lol:

Also about the old fart thing, meh, the internet is a huge place, you're always going to be discovering new things about it.

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 »

Who's opeth? And drive 10 hours to which state? Anywhere up hurrr?

Luciditypro
Grunge God

Post by Luciditypro »

Well, as far as Opeth goes and who they are, technically they're progressive death metal but they're not totally all about the growling and such, they even have like two soft and jazzy albums and they use clean vocals alot.. Check out a few songs, even if it is just for the first few minutes of it (most of their songs are around 10 mins.) Check out
Nectar, Masters Aprentices, (both mainly heavy songs but nectar has a few soft parts. Masters aprentices is very sludgey, actually.) And for their soft stuff check out Harvest, Windowpane, and For Absent Friends.

Those are the songs that I beleive pretty much sum up their style but you would really have to listen to a bunch of it. :)

Also we have no clue yet where it will be.. Right now they're in Europe but will be touring the states again this fall but haven't released any dates or places yet. We just decided that if it comes down to it, we're totally taking whatever drive is necessary. :lol:

sadie

Post by sadie »

They also covered Would

I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.