Celtic Frost

Talk about non grunge music and music in general in here. Don't be shy, we don't bite.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Grunge
Grunge fan

Celtic Frost

Post by Grunge »

Anyone care for them? I discovered them on a radio station up in Massachusetts that was playing "raw heavy metal pioneers", which led to them playing Celtic Frost's "Circle of the Tyrants". That's a pretty kickass song. On CF's wiki, it states that Nirvana and Melvins took them for an influence. Pretty cool, huh?

And I thought I'd never like black metal (don't worry, CF ain't growling/shrieking) :P

"Circle of the Tyrants":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb45sbc9kfA

"Jewel Throne" is also pretty cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hflw-_k7VeM
[size=200]Post-X is universally worse than X.
Understand this and you understand why shit surrounds you.[/size]
[size=125][color=#FF0000]Also, universally means overwhelmingly so, which still gives exceptions to the rule.
Understand this and you'll find the rare gems in the piles of shit.[/color][/size]
harmony90
Grunge God

Re: Celtic Frost

Post by harmony90 »

Nah, never heard of them.. wil give them a listen soon =)
Want to listen to something different?
Take a listen to the Höstan Project

http://www.facebook.com/TheHostanProject
Wolf_grrrl
Grunge guru

Post by Wolf_grrrl »

They're pretty good.
Onion Rat

Post by Onion Rat »

Huh. They're okay I guess.
[img]http://cavestory.org/images/balrog3frog.gif[/img]
Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea »

I used to love them.

Especailly when I was going through my black metal phase. I still give them the occasional listen
shanze wrote:And you will. You will.

Then you put your spell on him and Jerry shall be yours.

FOREVER!
ultramega2k
Grunge maniac

Post by ultramega2k »

Yea. My favorite disc is Vanity/Nemesis.
incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace »

Don't get me started on Black Metal. Celtic Frost and Venom may be alright but everything since Mayhem and Burzum just turned it into a afscist pile of shite.
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote:And who made you president of grunge town?
Grunge
Grunge fan

Post by Grunge »

incessantmace wrote:Don't get me started on Black Metal. Celtic Frost and Venom may be alright but everything since Mayhem and Burzum just turned it into a afscist pile of shite.
I don't know much about black metal. I'll admit that I'm a newfag at the whole thing. I only got turned on to Celtic Frost after I heard them on the radio and thought that they sounded like and eviler Black Sabbath. I'm not into and that face paint or makeup shit, and I hate songs that are just growls, shrieking, and that annoying ptptptpt double bass drumming. CF wasn't like that, so I bought their stuff. I don't know if they're black metal, they don't seem to fit quite the way :| whatevs

BTW, what's with fascism in certain bands?
[size=125][color=#FF0000]Also, universally means overwhelmingly so, which still gives exceptions to the rule.
Understand this and you'll find the rare gems in the piles of shit.[/color][/size]
Wolf_grrrl
Grunge guru

Post by Wolf_grrrl »

I hate Mayhem too. Burzum, meh...Some ambient songs aren't that bad...I don't like black metal much either, with few exceptions. And I hate fascism.
But Celtic Frost doesn't really sound very black-metallish to me. Oh well who cares.
Grunge
Grunge fan

Post by Grunge »

Wolf_grrrl wrote:I hate Mayhem too. Burzum, meh...Some ambient songs aren't that bad...I don't like black metal much either, with few exceptions. And I hate fascism.
But Celtic Frost doesn't really sound very black-metallish to me. Oh well who cares.
Yeah, black and death metal have never been my thing. As for death metal, I've only liked Atheist so far.

And fascists are so stupid. Why would anyone vote for their right to vote to be taken away? :?