Local Music

Talk about non grunge music and music in general in here. Don't be shy, we don't bite.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Dorkess
Grunge fanatic

Local Music

Post by Dorkess »

Anyone got a local scene they'd like to share? Or just a favorite local band? Do share here!! Support great, kickass, origional, local music :D

Ok, b/c I must help out my buddies, check these guys/gals out!!

http://www.myspace.com/jealousycurve
http://www.myspace.com/ike
http://www.myspace.com/head
http://www.myspace.com/laurashay
http://www.myspace.com/overlook
http://www.loafass.com/

Some people say Jealousy Curve kinda sounds like Incubus... I don't get it. lol. The vocals don't sound the same at all! But both bands are totally amazing, so I say cool. Either way, I gotta help out my buddies by spreading the tuneage!!! So go listen:D I can't put into words how incredible this band is. That good :D

Ike is completely awesome. I can't think of another band they sound like, but they're great. They have some new stuff on their myspace, so go listen :). And if the sone Deathbed(Na, Na, Na) is on there, listen to that first. It's awesome. That's the first song I heard from them and I loved it.

Head is awesome. Yes I do realize their name could be interpurted in a few different ways. :lol: (if AJ were here he'd get it). But they're absolutly amazing. The only way I can descrive Lexi's voice is a cross between Alanis Morrisette and Mia Zapata. Sorta a little like Courtney Love(who might I add was majorly influenced by Mia). Head is pretty hard, and they're awesome, so give them a listen! And they do 2 very amazing covers of 2 songs you may know... Show Me How To Live by Audioslave and Sober by Tool. Amazing!!!!!

Laura Shay has an amazing voice. I can't really place who she sounds like, but she's got a killer vocie. It's really cool. She joined Jealousy Curve on stage to do a cover of Purple Rain by Prince(hate Prince, but love that cover) and Leavy and Laura's voices sound even cooler together than by themselves, though they both have wonderful voices either way.

Overlook, I've never seen live before(thuogh was supposed to, got lost, showed up late, miss them, but saw JC), but Fran gave me their CD and they rock!! Listen to the song Don't Follow Me. he vocals remind me of Chris Cornell :P . I love it! Not all their songs are like that though. They're a bit on the mellow side, so if you wanna headbang go listen to Head and come back later, but it doesn't matter that it's mellow. That doesn't make it any less amazingly good.

And last but not least, Loafass. Yes, their name is Loafass. They're an amazing punk band. Give them a listen! I know most of you probably are thinking along the lines of GC and Blink 182(both of which I happen to like), but you'd be wrong. They're so much better than that. Not liek Green Day either. Amazing. Fish's voice is cool :P. They definitly have the right attitude for punk.

Any local bands anyone else would like to share linkys for so others could be turned onto it? If your local scene is good, support it! Or if it sucks, but there's a few good bands, support the good ones!!

peace :mrgreen:
"Ur so fuckin special.I wish I was special,but I'm a creep.I'm a weirdo.What the hell am I doin here?I dont belong here"
"Wouldn't you like to see a change? Show us we can make one. Offer us the world and the world is you..."

March2Fuzz
Grunge master

Post by March2Fuzz »

The scene in my area is like the New wave of indie, i cant stand it. But my mates are in a cool punk band called Really Fool. They dont have a website atm but 1 of their songs sounded kinda like Coffin Break.
There you are...when you stand in the rain,
and the rain fills your brain
makes you think that god......was fucked up
when he made this town

grunger_matt
Grunge guru

Post by grunger_matt »

the scene where i live is all emo crap. i think my band is the only grunge band around my area

Angst-Ridden
Grunge prophet

Post by Angst-Ridden »

same here, amen to that
>>>Insert cheesey saying or quote<<<

Dorkess
Grunge fanatic

Post by Dorkess »

emo sucks! I feel sorry for ya dude!!

Hmm... I'm not sure what Coffin Break sounds like exactly, but I've heard that they're really good, so cool!

"Ur so fuckin special.I wish I was special,but I'm a creep.I'm a weirdo.What the hell am I doin here?I dont belong here"
"Wouldn't you like to see a change? Show us we can make one. Offer us the world and the world is you..."

Dorkess
Grunge fanatic

Post by Dorkess »

LouderThanLarry

Post by LouderThanLarry »

All the Local shit around Rockford is emo. i can't stand emo. i normally don't hate a particular genre of rock music but in the case of emo i hate it.

Not only that i think those people look plain stupid (although i bet they think i look stuppid with my soundgarden shirt(that fits)) with their too tight pants, to tight of a t-shirt that has some dumb noveltyness to it.

Not to mention they can't sing and just sound like straight winney(not sure if i spelled that right). And all the lryics are stupid to.
THAYIL: Gee, I oughta drink with you more often, Jerry.

CANTRELL: You should.

THAYIL: You're like my dad.

CANTRELL: You should drink with my dad.

Angst-Ridden
Grunge prophet

Post by Angst-Ridden »

yeah i fucking hate the emo shit... fucking fags

jonas
Grunge master

Post by jonas »

Dorkess wrote:emo sucks! I feel sorry for ya dude!!

Hmm... I'm not sure what Coffin Break sounds like exactly, but I've heard that they're really good, so cool!

Coffin Break is great, get some speackers and I'll send ya some, k
F U

March2Fuzz
Grunge master

Post by March2Fuzz »

Im going to see my friends punk band : "Really Fool". Theyre playing at this place called the Garage in Islington N.London. Apparently, theres no barrier so you can climb on to the stage an jump off :mrgreen:....whcih will be fun. Theyre looking for a label, but its too damn hard cos theres millions of punks all trying to get signed.

Do you think a record label would turn down a new grunge band, just because grunge was "soooo 90's!!"
There you are...when you stand in the rain,
and the rain fills your brain
makes you think that god......was fucked up
when he made this town

Leech Bucket
Grunge guru
Location: A place in a little small town. The only way to get there is to go straight down.

Post by Leech Bucket »

Hey Jonas, is it true that the canadian industrial rockers usually challenge hispanics to break dancing contests?
Jesus built my car
It’s a love affair
Mainly jesus and my hot rod

jonas
Grunge master

Post by jonas »

Leech Bucket wrote:Hey Jonas, is it true that the canadian industrial rockers usually challenge hispanics to break dancing contests?
damn you're are such a dork! :lol: :lol: :lol:

but I still <3 ya :wink:
F U

Angst-Ridden
Grunge prophet

Post by Angst-Ridden »

anyone here ever stage dived..... crowd surfing and moshing are about the extent to my gigging experiences... i once helped the lead singer of a band crowd surf...but ive never actually stage dived :( if i ever get in a band i wont be able to stage dive cus id be a drummer... and most gigs now days have barriers.. its not fair

Angst-Ridden
Grunge prophet

Post by Angst-Ridden »

im still waiting for an answer...............

Leech Bucket
Grunge guru
Location: A place in a little small town. The only way to get there is to go straight down.

Post by Leech Bucket »

My bro went to a concert for a local band called hotspur. When my bro went to see the band members they said "HEY LOOK IT'S AJ COOKE!!!!!!"
Jesus built my car
It’s a love affair
Mainly jesus and my hot rod