RADIOHEAD

Talk about non grunge music and music in general in here. Don't be shy, we don't bite.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar

Angst-Ridden
Grunge prophet

RADIOHEAD

Post by Angst-Ridden » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:08 am

does anyone else like radiohead.... i reckon they are cool...... thom yorke has a fucked up eye which looks cool. You dont find many good british bands these days, but i love radiohead.. they are so originial. Id call them alternative.. definatly not grunge but they stilll have a grunge feel. Alot of their songs are quite depressing and others the opposite. if youve never heard of them you need to listen to them... i suggest the song creep or the albums pablo honey, ok computer or the bends.
Amazing band!!
>>>Insert cheesey saying or quote<<<

painkiller182
Grunge fanatic

Post by painkiller182 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:04 am

Radiohead just rocks man, and they are that good. Yeah, I agree with you that Bends, Pablo Honey, and Ok computer are worth picking up. Pablo Honey is my fave, even though its not their most experimental or inspired album...its still a great listen. I also have Hail to the theif, their latest from 2003....its ok too.

Plus Creep is just a really good tune, that anyone can relate to.

Dorkess
Grunge fanatic

Post by Dorkess » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:25 pm

I love Radiohead!! That only album I have is The Bends, but since the only Radiohead on the actual radio around here is Creep, I know the song, and Ilove it. It's my favorite Radiohead tune :D. I can relate to it. It's in my siggy! Seee, looky.

"whatever makes you happy. whatever you want. you're so fuckin special. I wish I was special, but I'm a creep. I'm a weirdo. What the hell am I doin here? I don't belong here"

Yep, that about covers how I feel almost all the time.

peace :mrgreen:
"Ur so fuckin special.I wish I was special,but I'm a creep.I'm a weirdo.What the hell am I doin here?I dont belong here"
"Wouldn't you like to see a change? Show us we can make one. Offer us the world and the world is you..."

Angst-Ridden
Grunge prophet

Post by Angst-Ridden » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:17 am

well would definatly suggest you pick up their other albums.... i got hail to the theif, its the kinda album you gotta listen to alot to adjust to it but then it clicks and it is actually a rwaly good album. Ive got all of their albums except amnesiac and kid a which im told are a bit too electronic but my friend ow tells me to buy them... anyone else heard these albums?

Dorkess
Grunge fanatic

Post by Dorkess » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:22 am

I want to get the rest of their albums, but all of their CDs are $13 and of course Pablo Honey, the one with my favorite song on it, is $14 and CDs are supposed to be about $10, so Mom won't get it until we get one of those thingys in the mail from best Buy which means we but way too frickin many CDs so here's another $5 for ya. lol. When that happens I wanna get Pablo Honey :D

"Ur so fuckin special.I wish I was special,but I'm a creep.I'm a weirdo.What the hell am I doin here?I dont belong here"
"Wouldn't you like to see a change? Show us we can make one. Offer us the world and the world is you..."

Angst-Ridden
Grunge prophet

Post by Angst-Ridden » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:25 am

your lucky if your cd's only cost $10 dollars that is the equivalant of £5 in england which is the price of cheap cds but our major ones cost £11 - £15 which would be about $22-$30

Dorkess
Grunge fanatic

Post by Dorkess » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:28 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: Holy fuck that's WAY too much for a fuckin CD!!!!!!! People aruond here only pay that if it's a double CD! Damn! What are people smoking over there when they put the prices on CDs?!?

March2Fuzz
Grunge master

Post by March2Fuzz » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:36 am

Angst-Ridden wrote:your lucky if your cd's only cost $10 dollars that is the equivalant of £5 in england which is the price of cheap cds but our major ones cost £11 - £15 which would be about $22-$30
Exactly, thats total bullshit. Thats why people download so much music, because we cant fuckin afford to pay out huge quantaties of ££!!!! Especially me.... i paid £15 for Even if and especially when (screaming trees) whcih was released nearly 20 years ago!!

Anyway as for radiohead: I love them. My favorites are pablo honey, Ok computer, Amnesiac and my fav of favs: Kid A. That album is like a trip. I sat around with my mates the other day, lisening to it and smoking a bottle bong. Really suited the moment.
There you are...when you stand in the rain,
and the rain fills your brain
makes you think that god......was fucked up
when he made this town

Angst-Ridden
Grunge prophet

Post by Angst-Ridden » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:12 am

ok if you think kid a is good ill buy it, you sound like you know your music..... and as for prices, yep it is expensive especially in virgin megastores, but i can usualy find a place that sells good shit for £5 like FOPP or some underground record shop. the other day i discovered this record store down in the pedestrian subways all hidden away, i thought id traveled back to the 90's it was realy old and smelly but cool

Dorkess
Grunge fanatic

Post by Dorkess » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:37 pm

My friend told me about a store in Marleton, NJ called Tunes and they have buckets of CDs that are 50 cents to $1 :D AND that he found Stoner Witch by The Melvins in there :D :D

Suf
Grunge fan

Post by Suf » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:12 pm

The old smelly stores are always the best... Unless it smells like fish or a decaying corpse.

Radiohead is awesome. That band is pure talent, they've stolen my heart, and unless they start dancing around in matching outfits, singing songs by New kids around the block, I'm not so worried that they'll break it
Keep the dead fish swimming.

March2Fuzz
Grunge master

Post by March2Fuzz » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:53 am

Dorkess wrote:My friend told me about a store in Marleton, NJ called Tunes and they have buckets of CDs that are 50 cents to $1 :D AND that he found Stoner Witch by The Melvins in there :D :D

ù

woah, nice one!
There you are...when you stand in the rain,
and the rain fills your brain
makes you think that god......was fucked up
when he made this town

Angst-Ridden
Grunge prophet

Post by Angst-Ridden » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:34 am

that is amazing, your so lucky to live in america and i thought your economy was doing bad!?!?

Dorkess
Grunge fanatic

Post by Dorkess » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:49 pm

It is! It's absolutly horrible! These are used CDs. lol. But my friend said he never got one there that didn't work, but if it does you can take it back within a month and exchange it for one that does :D

Angst-Ridden
Grunge prophet

Post by Angst-Ridden » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:29 am

i dont think ive ever seen any used cd's for sale in any record stores.. just in thrift stores but they are usually bands like boyzone or the spice girls