Oasis

Talk about non grunge music and music in general in here. Don't be shy, we don't bite.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar

Jagstang94
Grunge maniac

Oasis

Post by Jagstang94 » Wed May 24, 2006 8:25 pm

I'm not sure if this is already a thread or not sorry if it is......
Anyways, latley I have been listning to them, one of my guilty pleasure bands, and I think they have very powerfull well writen lyrics I was just wondering if any other grungers like them? Feel free to rip on me to (and yes the grunge in me is kicking my ass for this)
Spring is here again, tender age in bloom, he knows not what it means, sell the kids for food, we can have some more.
~ Nevermind inside cover

Djennik

Post by Djennik » Thu May 25, 2006 1:13 am

they are not bad but not my style of music...
Who controls the past now, controls the future

Frog
Grunge guru

Post by Frog » Thu May 25, 2006 11:25 am

Liam Gallager is not much of an interesting guy.
The album 'what's the story' is fine all the more so because the tune Wonderwall is in it.
But apart from that, I find this band a bit boring, most of their songs are (for me!!) really boring, and I can't really stand the Gallager brothers...they're just stupid assholes.
I have even heard that Liam had once said that Kurt Cobain was an idiot :shock:

LouderThanLarry

Post by LouderThanLarry » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:32 am

I find them boring as well.................as for the Kurt comment i have never heard it, but it's not like the man was flawless.

Kitsune
Grunge maniac

Re: Oasis

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:48 am

Jagstang94 wrote:Anyways, latley I have been listning to them, one of my guilty pleasure bands, and I think they have very powerfull well writen lyrics I was just wondering if any other grungers like them?
You're not the only one who like them. I do, and I'm not ashamed. I don't care what people say about something I like or dislike, it's not going to change my opinion. And Oasis is awesome. Although Liam is a bit of an asshole, I still like the band. I have two of their albums, and I love them to death. But they're deffinately one of those bands you have to be in the right mood for. 8)

Jagstang94
Grunge maniac

Re: Oasis

Post by Jagstang94 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:23 pm

Kitsune wrote: You're not the only one who like them. I do, and I'm not ashamed. I don't care what people say about something I like or dislike, it's not going to change my opinion. And Oasis is awesome. Although Liam is a bit of an asshole, I still like the band. I have two of their albums, and I love them to death. But they're deffinately one of those bands you have to be in the right mood for. 8)
Thats awesome, glad im not the only one :) what 2 albums do you have? I have whats the story morning glory and Dont belive the truth. You are right about being in the mood for them though.
Spring is here again, tender age in bloom, he knows not what it means, sell the kids for food, we can have some more.
~ Nevermind inside cover

Kitsune
Grunge maniac

Post by Kitsune » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:14 pm

I have (What's the Story) Morning Glory, and Heathenchemistry. They are both great albums. And then I have a bunch on my computer, not full albums, but songs. I think they're awesome. He doesn't have the prettiest voice, but the music and lyrics are great. Oasis is deffinately one of my favorite bands. I have too many favorite bands... oh well, more to listen to. :)

dirty franka
Grunge guru

Post by dirty franka » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:41 am

wellll....... i've got nothing against them...... but i find them a bit boring too......
keep on dreaming boy couse when you stop dreaming its time to die!!!

Kitsune
Grunge maniac

Post by Kitsune » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:16 am

I guess it's hard to please everyone. :wink:

Djennik

Post by Djennik » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:33 pm

It's normal... Everyone has his own opinion. And this is grunge forum. As it seems to me Oasis is pretty commercial ( watch with what i mean with commercial) So i don't think you will find a lott of people that will like them... They sound boring to a lott of members.
Who controls the past now, controls the future

m0n0xide
Grunge fanatic

Post by m0n0xide » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:10 pm

One of my favorite bands. Wonderwall absolutely hooked me. I don't listen to them alot these days, but i definately respect the impact they made on me.

The drunken fighting brothers and their larger than life egos, they are the only band that can pull off the *we're better than any band* and me not hate them for it. lol

Gitza
Grunge master

Post by Gitza » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:04 am

Well.. I don`t listen them..
Wxen otxer little girls wanted to be balletdancers I kind of wanted to be a vampire..

Bo/|uM ce6e , a _D_py|`e Ko Je6e..
Cp6cka XepouHa (x..

Kitsune
Grunge maniac

Post by Kitsune » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:52 pm

^ You should, and see if you like them or not. I like them... :D

Gitza
Grunge master

Post by Gitza » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:53 pm

I mean.. I heard thet , they`re Ok.. But I don`t have them on PC or CD or something , so I can`t listen them (x..
Wxen otxer little girls wanted to be balletdancers I kind of wanted to be a vampire..

Bo/|uM ce6e , a _D_py|`e Ko Je6e..
Cp6cka XepouHa (x..

Dude
Grunge fan

Post by Dude » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:24 pm

m0n0xide wrote:One of my favorite bands. Wonderwall absolutely hooked me. I don't listen to them alot these days, but i definately respect the impact they made on me.

The drunken fighting brothers and their larger than life egos, they are the only band that can pull off the *we're better than any band* and me not hate them for it. lol
Then you havent heard about the swedish band The Hives i guess?
Oasis is pretty good, specially Wonderwall.
Dudelize it, man!