Albums you have bought lately

Talk about non grunge music and music in general in here. Don't be shy, we don't bite.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug

epiphysis
Grunge maniac

Re: Albums you have bought lately

Post by epiphysis » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:35 pm

Recently got the following:

Foo Fighters - Sonic Highways - Loving it more with every listen.
AC\DC - Rock or Bust - Not their best effort by a long shot. But still some nice old school r&r to play while having the mates over for a bbq.
Pink Floyd - Endless River - Very disappointed in this. At first I though its a David Gilmore + co side project. But even the Gilmore solo's was so boring. Don't think I'll even bother putting this on again.
Jake White - Lazaretto - Haven't really gotten into it. But got that weird sound that you expect from White.
Slash - World on Fire - Some solid songs on it. Also still need to give it a good listen. But so far I really like it. And it got 17 songs on it! So a lot to go through :)
The moment you start analyzing your own rock is the moment your rock is dead. That's why rock is now pretty much dead. Too much analyzation. No rockalyzation! - Jack Black

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:03 pm

That's how I feel about Sonic Highways, the more I listen to it I like it more and more. Lazaretto is definitely a Jack White album where you'll like it or not.
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
incessantmace wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 am
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

sadie

Post by sadie » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:52 am

Santa brought me

Mark Lanegan's Phantom Radio (Deluxe that has No Bells On Sunday with it)
Joy Divisions Closer
Nirvana's In Utero (I got the earlier used, so it didn't have the lyrics sheet in it)
Sonic Youth's Goo
Distiller's Coral Fang

What a great Santa! <3

Also, I'm not sure I told back then, but from Helsinki I got Lanegan's Blues Funeral and Has God Seen My Shadow, and Mother Love Bone double cd.
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

sadie

Post by sadie » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:17 am

I ordered The Gutter Twins Saturnalia on Monday, can't wait to get it :)
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

PJAICfan
Grunge God

Post by PJAICfan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:31 am

Schneider wrote:Jen has some AiC vinyl but she never plays them. :(
Well that's just bullshit, she should get on that, or send me them because I'll put them to use
Easy come, easy go
Easy left me a long time ago..

Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:25 am

We're not allowed. :cry:

epiphysis
Grunge maniac

Post by epiphysis » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:14 pm

Well I finally got stuck on Slash's World on Fire. And I'm really enjoying it more and more.

Just Miles Kenendy's voice gets in the way a bit. But who ever listen to a Slash song for the vocals?
The moment you start analyzing your own rock is the moment your rock is dead. That's why rock is now pretty much dead. Too much analyzation. No rockalyzation! - Jack Black

tracheae
Grunge master

Post by tracheae » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:35 am

My old laptop is apparently working. :D Grungeforum.com was among the last websites I've visited, with saved passwords and everything. I'll post something while I'm here.

FNM: sol invictus. I was supposed to see them live last month but that did not work out. Sadly.

Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:09 pm

:(

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:14 pm

I preordered Attitude City by Ninja Sex Party. Can't wait for it to be July 17th. :mrgreen:
otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote:
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:33 am

I decided it was time for me to catch up with some hip hop classics, among other stuff. So I bought:

Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back
Public Enemy - Fear of a Black Planet
Nas - Illmatic
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang

I also got the new albums by Kadavar ("Berlin", once more a great take on neo-proto-metal) and La Luz ("Weirdo Shrine", I guess I gushed about this band and album sufficiently last week and I really hope I can make it to their show they're gonna play next month in my town! :D )

Oh, also this:

Hey, it only took seventeen years between the first Trees album I bought and the next one :) (<- meant as the original "fake smile"!). Plus it was only 4 bucks at the local flea market.

So far I got to listen to the two Public Enemy albums (Nation of Millions is really really great, Black Planet not as quite but maybe on second or third listen it will grow), Kadavar (also quite the grower with a lot of potential), Nas (didn't quite live up to the hype this album keeps getting) and La Luz (well...). Halfway through Sweet Oblivion (well it's great, what can I say?) and couldn't listen to the Clan as of now. Good investments were made anyway 8-)
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
P A I V wrote: fuck off i talk new york

BleedTheFreak
Grunge guru

Post by BleedTheFreak » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:34 am

Did some browsing around at local pawn stores and in a day found:

Rollins Band - Weight
Sonic Youth - Goo
The Beavis & Butthead Experience
Joy Division - Closer
Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero
Fugazi - Repeater + 3 Songs
and
Singles: Official Soundtrack (AIC, Pearl Jam, Mudhoney, etc)

:P

I also ordered a Discharge CD on Ebay for like $5. It was supposed to arrive over a month ago (I placed the order on July 8th), so I talked to the seller, confirmed the shipping address and they said the CD should've shipped and been here by now, so I'm assuming it's forever lost. I can't get a refund because it was bought on one f those gift cards. Not too upset, it was only $5 and I'll probably stumble across it someday.

Speaking of which, still no luck finding AIC's 'Tripod' on CD. For respect to Layne Staley and everything that is grunge, I still have not listened to that album, and refuse to until I have the actual CD in my hands, it's the only release in their discography that I don't own or even know, with the exception from the few songs on the MTV Unplugged.

Also, I walked into my local store the same day I went to a local show, found a surprise waiting on the wall, the 'Scratch Acid' EP. Only it's $50 that I don't have, and my record player is broken at the current moment, twas definitely heartbreaking. I definitely hope it's still there come the holidays. I've seen Black Flag's 'Slip It In' sitting on the shelf untouched for months. I guess it goes to show, the local scene these days are only into bands lke Counterparts, Defeater, Title Fight and La Dispute. Yuck.
"Black windows of paint; I scratched with my nails." | "In the darkest hole, you'd be well advised not to plan my funeral before the body dies."
instagram | 90's tumblr | No, I still don't listen to Pearl Jam.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:54 am

Hm, I should update as well. :P

Attitude City by Ninja Sex Party

Run With the Hunted by Skyhill (This was the singer from NSP's first band but more mellow)

Grinning Streak Deluxe Edition by Barenaked Ladies

All Their Greatest Hits: Disc One 1991 - 2001 by Barenaked Ladies

Hot Sauce Committee Part Two by Beastie Boys

Side note, I could of gotten the Singles soundtrack the other day for about $5 but decided not to for some reason.
otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote:

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:05 pm

Y2K-kyle wrote:
Side note, I could of gotten the Singles soundtrack the other day for about $5 but decided not to for some reason.
And what reason could that possibly be??
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
P A I V wrote: fuck off i talk new york

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:12 pm

incessantmace wrote:
Y2K-kyle wrote:
And what reason could that possibly be??
I'm still trying to figure it out. :lol:
otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote: