Albums you have bought lately

Talk about non grunge music and music in general in here. Don't be shy, we don't bite.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

incessantmace
Site Admin

Re: Albums you have bought lately

Post by incessantmace »

Oh I don't think so, it's more that it has changed immensely and everything is more focused on a small group of superstars than ever before. For smaller bands it's more than ever about self-exploitation, so living off your music is probably less an option than before...
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote:And who made you president of grunge town?
harmony90
Grunge God

Post by harmony90 »

Ah yeah definitely! I second this so much. I haven’t played in a band in like 4 years because of this. I do however want to start again though. I miss my groupies <3
Want to listen to something different?
Take a listen to the Höstan Project

http://www.facebook.com/TheHostanProject
incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace »

Bwahaha are groupies still a thing?? Last bands I saw had female singers and the boys were after them :P

You should definitely play in a band again! Where on this planet are you right now anyway, I kinda lost track :lol:
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
harmony90
Grunge God

Post by harmony90 »

Budapest city <3
I absolutely love it here! I think that tomorrow Im gonna create a “catch up” thread here. So we can all talk about what we have been up to these last 3-5 years :D
Want to listen to something different?
Take a listen to the Höstan Project

http://www.facebook.com/TheHostanProject
incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace »

Great idea man! I'm sure everybody has a lot to tell :D
KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana »

I bought an album by the band of one of my co-worker's of my last job, They Rise We Die. I guess it's kind of progressive metal, mostly instrumental. I like it.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support
XsInMyEyes
Grunge master

Post by XsInMyEyes »

Sent for Stone Temple Pilots, "Tiny Music" from Ebay ... I realized I have very scant STP in my collection .... £3 so it shan't impede on my reserves.
While I wait for that to get here ... I think I will revisit their existing inventory, I own Core and Purple and theres already an appreciable body of work there
It's hard to start things over, You can feel the fire around us, All the time. It's still unfashionable to beleive in principles.
incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace »

I have to admit I own one of those "5 albums in one" packages by STP but never really bothered listening too deeply. "No. 5" on the other hand has always been a favorite of mine, Pruno is one of the best songs ever!
XsInMyEyes
Grunge master

Post by XsInMyEyes »

STP, "Tiny Music..." came today and I enjoy it, I think my favourite song on the album is "Seven caged Tigers", the closing track.
It's hard to start things over, You can feel the fire around us, All the time. It's still unfashionable to beleive in principles.
Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle »

It seems like for STP, the closing track is the best track on the album.
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace »

I bought this. It's a boxset of three groundbreaking vaporwave albums in a 3D printed computer monitor case. Don't judge me.
Attachments
0018010612_10.jpg
0018010612_10.jpg (192.82 KiB) Viewed 1860 times
XsInMyEyes
Grunge master

Post by XsInMyEyes »

I received Willard, "Steel Mill" on what I think is the Dutch pressing, and I am halfway through enjoying it at this very moment.
I enjoy the record, its perhaps the quintessence of what should be called "grunge", it combines brawny, granite-like heavy riffage with the beauty of minimalism, and I adore the demonic howling of the vocalist (Johnny is his name, isn't it?). The seventh track "Stain", is probably my favourite song.
XsInMyEyes
Grunge master

Post by XsInMyEyes »

I now have Jefferson Airplane's "Surrealistic Pillow", and I'm pretty pleased with it.
XsInMyEyes
Grunge master

Post by XsInMyEyes »

I purchased Dire Straits, Love over Gold today and have really been finding it a lot of fun. Having grown up mostly with the first three albums (not bad, but I do not see the call for fanaticism) Love over Gold was not an album I heard a great deal from ... Love over Gold marries heartland melodies, progressive artfulness, solid lead guitar work with historical sophistication and a seething romantic passion; to progressive-rock lovers of this site, of which I am one, this one definitely deserves a listen!
I also picked up a copy of Rainier Fog, the latest album by my favourite band Alice in Chains! I haven't spun her yet, but from what I have grasped from alternative-rock radio, it would seem that I am in for a gripping hour of rock!
My father's friend also gave me Crowded House, Woodface yesterday. An engaging and earthy blend of new-wave, mainstream rock sensibilities and heartfelt libretto. I enjoy it.
XsInMyEyes
Grunge master

Post by XsInMyEyes »

I have put in an order for Sweet 75, S/T