COVID Concerts?

Talk about non grunge music and music in general in here. Don't be shy, we don't bite.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

BleedTheFreak
Grunge guru

COVID Concerts?

Post by BleedTheFreak »

Since I know quite a few people still lurk here from time to time, How many concerts have you seen since this shenanigans started last March?
Any right before shutdown?
Any during one of the few breaks or pauses?
Any illegal local basement shows?
Any virtually/online?
Any you're still waiting on?
Or, are you American and your state didn't shut down?

So far, if things continue going well with vaccination numbers, re-openings, and the such, I should be seeing:
Dinosaur Jr. in September 2021,
Eyehategod / Napalm Death / Gwar in November 2021,
Bikini Kill (originally scheduled for May 2020 :cry:) in July 2022
• and Rage Against The Machine / Run The Jewels in July 2022.
"Black windows of paint; I scratched with my nails." | "In the darkest hole, you'd be well advised not to plan my funeral before the body dies."
Ⓐ 𝑺𝑬𝑬 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑺𝑷𝑨𝑪𝑬 𝑪𝑶𝑾𝑩𝑶𝒀 ☭ | twitter | instagram | tumblr (i know)
XsInMyEyes
Grunge master

Re: COVID Concerts?

Post by XsInMyEyes »

BleedTheFreak wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:34 pm Since I know quite a few people still lurk here from time to time, How many concerts have you seen since this shenanigans started last March?
Any right before shutdown?
Any during one of the few breaks or pauses?
Any illegal local basement shows?
Any virtually/online?
Any you're still waiting on?
My last major concert was about 6 months prior to the first lockdown in March 2020. None since because the few socially-distanced gigs that were given the green light in Summer 2020 just weren't my cup of tea.

I have had 2 delayed so far - first being PJ and Pixies, originally scheduled for July 2021 ... and Deep Purple in October - both have been moved forward to those months in 2022.

Manic Street Preachers on 26 September in Newcastle is still scheduled to take place as normal.
Or, are you American and your state didn't shut down?
I think all of us concert-lovers have wished we were in Florida or Texas for the past couple of months, lol.

I am from the UK which has been lockdown central for 15 months! I noticed Metallica and other bands booking European tours for '22 haven't even bothered with us, because we never open-up.
Among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected.
- William of Occcam
heavenlybanana
Grunge fan

Re: COVID Concerts?

Post by heavenlybanana »

The Distillers and Poppy. They were all online :(
kill me, i have bones