Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band

Talk about non grunge music and music in general in here. Don't be shy, we don't bite.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Scarabola
Grunge God

Re: Bruce Springsteen

Post by Scarabola »

Ferglius
Grunge God

Post by Ferglius »

King of the juice? :roll:
Elektra Foxx
Grunge maniac

Post by Elektra Foxx »

One of my all time favorite artists.
Schneider
Grunge God

Re: Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band

Post by Schneider »

I didn't like Springsteen for years. I couldn't get past the 80s naffness. After going from the beginning of his career, I completely dig it!
PJAICfan
Grunge God

Post by PJAICfan »

Bruce is definitely respected in my book. My mom has seen him about fifteen times and I was played his music as a baby.
Easy come, easy go
Easy left me a long time ago..
Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider »

I think it would have come more naturally to me if I was American. Or German it seems.
Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle »

Schneider wrote:I think it would have come more naturally to me if I was American. Or German it seems.
Or if you were from New Jersey in America. That's why my mom loves him so much, and that's how my sisters and I like him. I think Darkness on the Edge of Town is one of his best and Wrecking Ball was just awesome.
otherimprov wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider »

The Wild, the Innocent and the E Street Shuffle is my favourite because it's so funky.
XsInMyEyes
Grunge master

Post by XsInMyEyes »

Schneider wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:19 am Yeah, '67 - '74 was a great time for music. After that it was all disco and shit.
From what I heard Schneider almost certainly is not going to come back, but on every occasion that I happen to read his writings, I am amazed by his distinguished non-interest in actual grunge-era music - ye know, the subject a website with grunge in the title is meant to deal with. Why was he here?
Among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected.
- William of Occcam

Io Opro.
Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle »

XsInMyEyes wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:29 pm From what I heard Schneider almost certainly is not going to come back, but on every occasion that I happen to read his writings, I am amazed by his distinguished non-interest in actual grunge-era music - ye know, the subject a website with grunge in the title is meant to deal with. Why was he here?
When he first joined he certainly enjoyed grunge. As with anyone in time his interests in music changed but enjoyed everyone here he called friends. There was even a point when he was into medieval music.

BUT the reason he's most likely not coming back is that he became more of a troll, especially with his ideologies on UK & US politics, and some real-life stuff involving other members here.

The situation involving other members here is not my place to talk about. Just that he and a few others burnt some bridges with long-time members here. Which is an honest shame cause we got along great but he had to go out and be a twat.
otherimprov wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep