The Proclaimers

Talk about non grunge music and music in general in here. Don't be shy, we don't bite.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug

Jack_Armstrong
Grunge guru

The Proclaimers

Post by Jack_Armstrong » Wed May 30, 2018 1:34 pm

These are a good folk-rock duo. Anyone else ever taken an interest in them?

incessantmace
Site Admin

Re: The Proclaimers

Post by incessantmace » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:14 am

Just in the sense that walking 500 miles and then some 500 more would definitely ruin your feet beyond healing :P :lol:
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
P A I V wrote: fuck off i talk new york

Jack_Armstrong
Grunge guru

Post by Jack_Armstrong » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:19 am

I'll have to say it does pain me that I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) is the only song by these two that most people know. IMHO, they have way better songs than that.

XsInMyEyes
Grunge fan

Post by XsInMyEyes » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:01 am

Music from the late 80s I associated with bland electronic dance music,twerps not writing their own material, and the sleaziest...corporatest...sexistest... hair metal bands... of ridicule, so coming across music like what these two lads did, then stuff like REM, B52s, Pixies, Husker as well, which was so different from what I knew of from that time, had so much more soul, passion and originality, I loved it. Especially considering they actually sang in their own accents!
Also as a man who knew what Margaret Thatcher did and viciously hated...and I mean HATED her for it, some of their lyrics really connected with me. In fact, I think they did the best "political" songs ever.

Going to share two example of their fine political songwriting