The Jam

Talk about non grunge music and music in general in here. Don't be shy, we don't bite.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

Jack_Armstrong
Grunge guru

The Jam

Post by Jack_Armstrong » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:53 am

I don't think we have a thread about these guys. All round they're a decent New Wave/Punk band, and I have a lot of their records. I far prefer the earlier Punk material to the later Mod/ Soul stuff though. Favourite track is 'The Modern World', followed by 'In The City'.

Canucker
Grunge God

Re: The Jam

Post by Canucker » Thu May 10, 2018 6:40 am

Its funny when you look at the British chats to see how waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy more successful they were then the Clash in the early days. Thats why the vinyl is pretty common. I have The Gift and Sound Effects on vinyl and maybe Setting Sons I'm not even sure. Going Underground is probably my fave song by them....and I don't even know what its on! HA!

Jack_Armstrong
Grunge guru

Post by Jack_Armstrong » Fri May 25, 2018 2:17 pm

Happy birthday Paul Weller. 60 :shock:

Jack_Armstrong
Grunge guru

Post by Jack_Armstrong » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:35 pm

Canucker wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 6:40 am
Going Underground is probably my fave song by them....and I don't even know what its on! HA!
Just seen that.

Going Underground wasn’t on any of The Jam’s studio albums, it was released only as a non-album single in 1980.

It’s on all of their greatest hits albums though.

Absolutely brilliant song.

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:59 am

well what a sneaky pain in the ass trick that was of them to do. I only have vinyl of theirs so no greatest hits stuff.