Bush

Talk about the new breed of Grunge Rockers.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar

SayHello2Heaven

Re: Bush

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:07 pm

Good catch.....

Guess its time for bed now lol smh

juniperjunk
Grunge maniac

Post by juniperjunk » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:00 pm

You might as well be talking about the same band. It's not like there's much difference

Jetfire
Grunge fan

Post by Jetfire » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:47 pm

Bush is one of my favorite bands. :lol: I know they get alot of sh!t but whatevs. I saw them with The Goo Goo Dolls & No Doubt back in the day and it was a great show...they did an REM cover..."The One I Love" and it was awesome. :D

I have everything except most of The Sea Of Memories. I also enjoy Gavin's solo stuff and Institute and the song with Apocalyptica...I was surprised to learn he wrote 2 songs for Taylor Momsen's band The Pretty Reckless...the song "You" in particular...which I like...I like most of the stuff I heard from TPR. :wink:

Favorite Bush song...hard to choose...I like mostly all of them. :mrgreen:

16 Stone: Little Things, Comedown & Glycerine.
Razorblade Suitcase: Greedy Fly, Swallowed & Bonedriven.
The Science Of Things: Warm Machine, The Chemicals Between Us & Letting The Cables Sleep.
Golden State: Headful Of Ghosts, The People That We Love & Inflatable.

Like I said I haven't heard enough off of The Sea Of Memories...Just "The Sound Of Winter". I have been lazy when it comes to music the past few years.
Jetfire

In_Too_Deep
Grunge guru

Post by In_Too_Deep » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:09 am

Everything Zen is just fucking GREAT
Apathy is the key to happiness.

The tree of knowledge is burned,
Lightning struck, one less lesson learned.

Scarabola
Grunge God

Post by Scarabola » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:14 am

Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out.

What a lyric.

In_Too_Deep
Grunge guru

Post by In_Too_Deep » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:16 am

I rather like Comedown as well
Apathy is the key to happiness.

The tree of knowledge is burned,
Lightning struck, one less lesson learned.

Suburban Suicide
Grunge guru

Post by Suburban Suicide » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:11 am

Scarabola wrote:Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out.

What a lyric.
Works better with a melody than "let me inhale this oxygen and convert it to carbon dioxide"

;)
سوك يت

Scarabola
Grunge God

Post by Scarabola » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:21 am

Suburban Suicide wrote:
Scarabola wrote:Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out.

What a lyric.
Works better with a melody than "let me inhale this oxygen and convert it to carbon dioxide"

;)
Heheh.

But I wasn't being sarcastic. I wish I had come up with that.

Suburban Suicide
Grunge guru

Post by Suburban Suicide » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:25 am

Scarabola wrote:
Suburban Suicide wrote:

What a lyric.

;)
Heheh.

But I wasn't being sarcastic. I wish I had come up with that.
I wish I had come up with Blur's "WooHoo"....GENIUSES!
سوك يت

Scarabola
Grunge God

Post by Scarabola » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:29 am

That's actually such an easy lyric. Assholes of Big Time Fuck couldn't come up with the most menial of lyrics so they "sampled" something that is so well known to the underground alt-rockers, just to make the little ignorant girls jizz their pants when they see the "hot" boys saying "WOOHOO" and giving them the urge to jump their bones.

But yeah, heheh, geniuses.

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:41 am

Scarabola wrote:That's actually such an easy lyric. Assholes of Big Time Fuck couldn't come up with the most menial of lyrics so they "sampled" something that is so well known to the underground alt-rockers, just to make the little ignorant girls jizz their pants when they see the "hot" boys saying "WOOHOO" and giving them the urge to jump their bones.

Yeah, like those are actual 'lyrics'. Good for you that you know so much about Blur and their impact on 'ignorant little girls', or their relation to 'underground alt-rockers'.
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
P A I V wrote: fuck off i talk new york

Scarabola
Grunge God

Post by Scarabola » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:43 am

incessantmace wrote:
Scarabola wrote:That's actually such an easy lyric. Assholes of Big Time Fuck couldn't come up with the most menial of lyrics so they "sampled" something that is so well known to the underground alt-rockers, just to make the little ignorant girls jizz their pants when they see the "hot" boys saying "WOOHOO" and giving them the urge to jump their bones.

Yeah, like those are actual 'lyrics'. Good for you that you know so much about Blur and their impact on 'ignorant little girls', or their relation to 'underground alt-rockers'.
What? I was talking about how Big Time Rush "covered" the Blur song. I wasn't bashing on Blur.

Suburban Suicide
Grunge guru

Post by Suburban Suicide » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:48 am

Hmm...my vagina must be broken because Blur never made me jizz my pants...

I enjoyed their music, but their sexy bods just didn't do it for me...
Last edited by Suburban Suicide on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
سوك يت

Scarabola
Grunge God

Post by Scarabola » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:49 am

Suburban Suicide wrote:

Hmm...my vagina must be broken because Blur never made me jizz my pants...
I AM TALKING ABOUT BIG TIME RUSH NOT BLURRRR!
Last edited by Scarabola on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:50 am

Scarabola wrote:
incessantmace wrote:

What? I was talking about how Big Time Rush "covered" the Blur song. I wasn't bashing on Blur.
Oh sorry, then I misunderstood your post. Never mind :)
Suburban Suicide wrote:Hmm...my vagina must be broken because Blur never made me jizz my pants...
That was about the best joke I've heard in a while. Although a broken vagina doesn't sound terribly comfy.
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
P A I V wrote: fuck off i talk new york