Bush

Talk about the new breed of Grunge Rockers.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

infinitegrunge
Grunge zealot

Re: Bush

Post by infinitegrunge » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:34 pm

Ugh, seriously? Why the hell are all these lameasses reforming their bands? They only cheapen what they did, and in the case of Bush, it was already pretty cheap. This is like worse than glam rock.

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:41 pm

You know they weren't glam, right? :lol:

I don't get why people bash the post-grunge bands. No one was saying that AIC cheapened their past work when they reformed, or Blind Melon or Smashing Pumpkins....I don't get people. Just because it has the word "post" doesn't mean you instantly discredit it. It's cool to not like the albums, we all have different perspectives. But people who say "they suck...Pure post-grunge shit" doesn't settle well with me.

Look at Silverchair, everyone raves about "Frogstomp" but never care to look at "Diorama" or "Freak Show" because those albums were pure genius. In Bush's case everyone loves "Sixteen Stone" but hate everything else. Just because it's post-grunge or doesn;t sound grungey enough doesn't mean people should push it aside. Take it for what is worth, there are gems and real good music there, somewhere.

Bleach
Grunge master

Post by Bleach » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:45 pm

It's nothing to do with them being post-grunge, Bush are a horrid band and happen to be post-grunge music.

Mithaearon
Grunge God

Post by Mithaearon » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:55 pm

I did think we had a Bush thread when I created a new one the other day but the search feature isnt finding this one for me :/ So I'll repost here:

Source http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news ... new-album/
Bush have re-formed, and are to release an album later in the year.
The Brit band, often unfavourably compared to Nirvana during their heyday in the mid-1990s, are to call the album Everything Always Now. It was produced by Bob Rock.

You can hear one song from it right now. It’s called Afterlife.

The band will play their first live show since 2002 at the Epicenter Twenty Ten Weekend in Fontana, California, on September 25/26.
You can hear the new song below:

infinitegrunge
Grunge zealot

Post by infinitegrunge » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:03 pm

SayHello2Heaven wrote:You know they weren't glam, right? :lol:

I don't get why people bash the post-grunge bands. No one was saying that AIC cheapened their past work when they reformed,
Actually, everyone was saying that, as far as I heard
or Blind Melon or Smashing Pumpkins....
Again, anyone who knew anything thought it was bullshit that SP "reformed" and shit out the piece of garbage they did. Same with Hole.
I don't get people. Just because it has the word "post" doesn't mean you instantly discredit it. It's cool to not like the albums, we all have different perspectives. But people who say "they suck...Pure post-grunge shit" doesn't settle well with me.
Bush is crappy because they're super lame and uninspired. And my problem with post-grunge is that if I wanted to listen to shitty Nirvana and Pearl Jam ripoffs... wait, I would never want that. I'd rather just listen to Nirvana.

The whole problem with Post-grunge is that it distilled lots of the things that make even an extremely poppy band like Nirvana interesting and replaced it with boredom and blandness and fake whining from idiots who don't actually have any problems. There are definitely some good post-grunge bands. Look up Ednaswap. THAT is a solid album written all the way through.

I used to like Bush, and I still like "Glycerine" and "Machine Head" somewhat, but the album doesn't hold up. The songs aren't there. Most of them are bad, boring, or both.
Look at Silverchair, everyone raves about "Frogstomp" but never care to look at "Diorama" or "Freak Show" because those albums were pure genius. In Bush's case everyone loves "Sixteen Stone" but hate everything else. Just because it's post-grunge or doesn;t sound grungey enough doesn't mean people should push it aside. Take it for what is worth, there are gems and real good music there, somewhere.
I don't think anyone loves any of the albums you just mentioned. They were hits, but the SINGLES get more attention than the album ever did, and they're more like a cursory thing than anything. They aren't worth even remembering now that it's 2010 and we can pick the really awesome stuff from that era, forget the shit, and listen to great music that's coming out now. I don't listen to Foghat, I listen to MC5. And I don't listen to Silverchair or Bush, I listen to Nirvana. There's a reason for that beyond me hating a word like you seem to think.

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:01 pm

Who on this earth is calling Bush glam?????? If people think Bush is glam they have an extremely distorted idea of what glam is and what is sounds like and stands for. If people consider Bush glam, than they must consider Nirvana glam because the singers sound similiar :roll: Not to mention, I have never came across anyone who thought they were glam. Every magazine, book, and band memver I have ever encounter has never called them or associated them with being glam...I think you or whoever said that needs to check their facts.

Smashing Pumpkins "reforming" was the talk of the town, it was hugely hyped and excited for, and you'd be lying if you said prior to the album release you were excited too. Hole didn't reform, they don't count if 2 of the three band members aren't there, it's Courtney Love doing solo but with Hole songs in my book.

You must believe everything you hear from people don't you? not ALL Post-Grunge bands were Nirvana or Pearl Jam ripoffs. The ones on the radio or hyped up were ripoffs, I suggest buying "Northwest Post-Grunge" compilation. These bands don't sound anything like Nirvana or Pearl Jam, they have their own sound and own identity. In fact, the lead singer of the Post-Grunge band Rhino Humpers said he hated Nirvana. Well Hung, Blind Witness, and the list goes on about post-grunge bands that were no rip offs of any of the big bands because they didn't want to sound like them. Of course bands signed to major labels during the explosion sounde dlike those bands, because the labels were looking for the next big thing, they wanted to find the next Nirvana and Pearl Jam. I think people just go based off of, Creed and Silverchair consider them post-grunge because they wanted to sound like the big bands without going deeper, discovering other bands that were the polar opposite. Sicko were post-grunge, radio friendly and didn't sound anything like Nirvana.

As far as Post-Grunge being boring, that's your opinion....But I would be money that if they were considered "grunge" instead of "post-grunge" everyone would love the albums and the bands associated with it. I think people are just biased towards Post-Grunge because they were radio friendly; but Nirvana, AIC, and even Soundgarden are played on the radio, does that make them post-grunge too?? I think people just need to check their biases at the door because there are tons of post-grunge bands that don't sound like Pearl Jam, not on the radio, and don't care about that junk. People just have to look deeper, and not believe everyhing they read on Wikipedia or any other random record label-not-so-professional website.

No likes the album "Frogstomp"??? look at the Silverchair thread, people LOVED that album, just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone else feels the same. Tons of people loved "Frogstomp" and a few of the older members here said they liked the following 2 Silverchair albums because it sounded like "Frogstomp" before they made a 180 and turned to whatever they're playing now. If no liked those albums why do so many people recommend it when referring Grunge or Grunge related albums. Every song is amazing, and every song is a single. "Israels Song", "Pure Massacre", "Tomorrow" and even "Suicidal Dream" have been singles. I seen every track on "Frogstomp" as a single except for maybe 2 or 3. Saying that no likes those albums is false because there is proof people loved those albums in their thread!

I just think when people bash on post-grunge is because they have a distorted and no well rounded idea of what it really is. People are fixated with thinking Bush, Silverchair etc. and since it isn't real legit Grunge it's garbage. I can name a bunch of post-grunge bands that in my personal opinion are better than some grunge bands. People just need to dig a bit deeper is all i'm saying.

P A I V
Grunge God

Post by P A I V » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:17 pm

I HATE EVERY POST GRUNGE BAND EVER BECAUSE THEY'RE POST AND POST GRUNGE POST GRUNGE I HATE POST GRUNGE AAAAAAAHHH EVERY SINGLE POST GRUNGE BAND IS COPYING NIRVANA AND ISN'T IN IT FOR THE MUSIC, ONLY TO MAKE MONEY AND BE FAMOUS!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
There's no such thing as a sure thing. Of this, I'm sure.
twitter, tumblr, soundcloud, instagram
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:38 am
I don know who invented beer but I gotta salute that person

P A I V
Grunge God

Post by P A I V » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:19 pm

Oh, and I like "Little Things" by Bush. The rest of Sixteen Stone isn't bad either.
There's no such thing as a sure thing. Of this, I'm sure.
twitter, tumblr, soundcloud, instagram
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:38 am
I don know who invented beer but I gotta salute that person

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:14 pm

"Sixteen Stones" is a great album!!!

ChainsInABush
Grunge fan

Post by ChainsInABush » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:34 pm

I love bush. Sixteen Stone is awesome and was the first album of theirs I had heard. But my favorite album from then is The Science Of Things. :)

ImBored
Grunge God

Post by ImBored » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:38 am

Slugg wrote:Oh, and I like "Little Things" by Bush. The rest of Sixteen Stone isn't bad either.
i got bored in little things when he couldnt stop singing little for like 30 seconds had to switch
i mean the album is good i lime most of the songs 8 9 the rest i dont like em
gs asgjgfzsdf nz

headcreep
Grunge maniac

Post by headcreep » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:57 pm

I first heard of Bush from a Simpsons episode. :geek: I have their 'Sixteen Stone' album its ok. I wouldn't really buy other ones. But you guys are saying that 'Razorblade Suitcase' is pretty good. Maybe I'll buy it.
[img]http://www.greenchange.org/img/original/jd%20drug%20war%20battle.jpg[/img]

^^^ Thats just so bad ass.

Luciditypro
Grunge God

Post by Luciditypro » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:53 pm

I like the really early stuff. But then they took some weird techno turn......
Shake it like a Polaroid picture.

Follow your dreams, no one can stop you.
Except a person in a tank.
A person in a tank could probably stop you.

boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:28 pm

Bush is weird. When they came out I didn't like them much. It was like grunge cleansed for the masses. Over the years, rock music took a turn for the worse and then it seemed bands like Bush didn't seem so bad anymore. Bush basically took a beating for being an average band in a time of above average music.

ImBored
Grunge God

Post by ImBored » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:04 pm

headcreep wrote:I first heard of Bush from a Simpsons episode. :geek: I have their 'Sixteen Stone' album its ok. I wouldn't really buy other ones. But you guys are saying that 'Razorblade Suitcase' is pretty good. Maybe I'll buy it.
Margerine?
gs asgjgfzsdf nz