Bush

Talk about the new breed of Grunge Rockers.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Suburban Suicide
Grunge guru

Re: Bush

Post by Suburban Suicide » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:51 am

Scarabola wrote:
Suburban Suicide wrote:
Scarabola wrote:That's actually such an easy lyric. Assholes of Big Time Fuck couldn't come up with the most menial of lyrics so they "sampled" something that is so well known to the underground alt-rockers, just to make the little ignorant girls jizz their pants when they see the "hot" boys saying "WOOHOO" and giving them the urge to jump their bones.

But yeah, heheh, geniuses.
Hmm...my vagina must be broken because Blur never made me jizz my pants...
I AM TALKING ABOUT BIG TIME RUSH NOT BLURRRR!
Oh. Them neither (since I have no idea who that is).

Simmer down now :shock:
سوك يت

Scarabola
Grunge God

Post by Scarabola » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:57 am

Suburban Suicide wrote:
Oh. Them neither (since I have no idea who that is).

Simmer down now :shock:
You're lucky you don't know of them. :weird:

And I'm simmered, just a bunch of misunderstandings of that post I made. :mrgreen:

MetallicaFan247
Grunge maniac

Post by MetallicaFan247 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:32 pm

Bush is awesome! love their first 2 albums:)
How can i be lost?
If I've got nowhere to go.

rabbit
Grunge zealot

Post by rabbit » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:39 pm

MetallicaFan247 wrote:Bush is awesome! love their first 2 albums:)
the first one is badass and the second one is more of a trippier album then the other albums deserve facepalm BUT I LOVE THE FIRST TWO esspeically the first one

Scarabola
Grunge God

Post by Scarabola » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:01 pm

Yes, I am a fan of the bush. Oh you mean the band? Yeah....

^I hope this joke has already been made.

Creeper113
Grunge prophet

Post by Creeper113 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:11 pm

Scarabola wrote:Yes, I am a fan of the bush. Oh you mean the band? Yeah....
:geek: thank you

tracheae
Grunge master

Post by tracheae » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:37 am

Are Bush still making music? Is their music radically different to how it was when they started?

I liked one of their songs in the mid-nineties.. but I also got tired of it very quickly. The song was somewhat similar to Nirvana. The music video for it was very typical for the times and the singer's long-ish hair had blonde tips, which was also typical for the times. That's all I remember about Bush :P

Scarabola
Grunge God

Post by Scarabola » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:09 am

Creeper113 wrote:
Scarabola wrote:Yes, I am a fan of the bush. Oh you mean the band? Yeah....
:geek: thank you
No comment.

clairebear96
Grunge fan

Post by clairebear96 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:23 pm

Theyre pretty good, although i do have a weak spot for brittish bands, 16stone is still one of my favorite grunge albums

Sweet69
Grunge fanatic

Post by Sweet69 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:21 pm

Gavin's hawt and their first two albums aren't bad,but compared to the real deal (Nirvana) they're rather meh.

And actually I do prefer Silverchair over Bush lol. Although 'Come Down' is a pretty kickass song.
My radio show's podcast archive: http://bit.ly/1ettUGA

http://www.radiovalencia.fm

rabbit
Grunge zealot

Post by rabbit » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:05 pm

tracheae wrote:Are Bush still making music? Is their music radically different to how it was when they started?

I liked one of their songs in the mid-nineties.. but I also got tired of it very quickly. The song was somewhat similar to Nirvana. The music video for it was very typical for the times and the singer's long-ish hair had blonde tips, which was also typical for the times. That's all I remember about Bush :P
their music now is typical allternative rock on the radio... sounds like foo fighters...

Scarabola
Grunge God

Post by Scarabola » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:46 pm

Modern alternative rock has gotten pretty formulaic, and all the vocalists sound the same.

rabbit
Grunge zealot

Post by rabbit » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:50 pm

yeahh... im quite dissapointed with allternative... im turning more to folk these days... i feel as though allternative is just pop rock... anyone notice how its not even heavy anymore?

Scarabola
Grunge God

Post by Scarabola » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:57 pm

When I said "modern alternative" I meant modern hard-rock/post-grunge/alternative metal. Ever heard of Pop Evil? That band is the culmination of modern hard rock.... Sad...

Now modern alternative rock is either boring, formulaic, generic, not special, too poppy, no good vocal melodies, or all of the above.

There's no heavy alternative rock anymore. There's too much folky indie-rock type of stuff... and it's suffered the same as modern alternative...

Son of a bitch... why is music going through this slump........

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:05 pm

Scarabola wrote: Son of a bitch... why is music going through this slump........
I think it's still the backlash of grunge losing popularity and shallow pop getting popular. It's as if it's been one huge slide down, and it hasn't even hit rock bottom yet until the last few years. After grunge and alternative rock weren't as popular in the late 90s/early 2000s, they still had a little bit of good alternative, and then there was post-grunge in the early to mid 2000s that was heavy, so there was pop that was dominating but there was still some rock, and then the mid 2000s is when emo got popular and pop punk got worse and alternative changed to atmospheric synth pop which led to the late 2000s hipster waaaay too soft overly atmospheric synth indie pop, which is the only popular "rock" now even though it sounds nothing like rock. We're in a state of music purgatory. We just need something to come along and start another revolution, but the state of the culture today what with everyone barely being able to look up from their iphones, people not even really caring about music anymore, and easy access to putting up music on the internet leading to loads of mediocrity to wade through to get to the good stuff, makes all the really good bands have a lot more trouble at actually starting something than back in the day. All the old styles have just gotten too formulaic. We need a breath of fresh air.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support