FINNISH GRUNGE MOVEMENT COMING SOON...

Talk about the new breed of Grunge Rockers.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

PearlGarden
Grunge fan

FINNISH GRUNGE MOVEMENT COMING SOON...

Post by PearlGarden »

Finland is a country that ALWAYS comes 20 years behind on each music scene (for example in the 70's we started listening rockabilly and Elvis, and in the late 90's happened a disco movement like the 70's in the USA)
So now people can start expecting something big happening here in Finland.
Maybe if our Finnish grunge bands would become world class touring acts, MAYBE they could start a new world wide wave of grunge.
Anything is possible these days.
LISTEN TO THE GRUNGE BANDS AND FOLLOW THEM ON SOUNDCLOUD TO GET NEW EVEN MORE SEATTLE-SOUNDING MUSIC OFF YOUR SPEAKERS IN THE FUTURE!
--------------------
FOR EXAMPLE, Two great grungy promises from Finland.

FULLMOON SILHOUETTE. - Very promising young band. The 2 songs in soundcloud aren't the best examples of their grungy sound, but to be real, their sound and personalities are a great blend of bands like Nirvana, Alice in Chains, TAD, Love Battery and Skin Yard; with a great touch of their very own awesome alternative sound. www.soundcloud.com/fullmoon-silhouette

REVEL CROW: - Super talented, grungy. Also the winner of the finnish leg of the europe-wide band competition, Emergenza. Their Alice in Chains/Soundgarden-type of sound + their own songwriting talent makes a combo that cannot be beaten easily. www.soundcloud.com/revelcrowband

Take a listen and stay tuned for even greater songs!
Don't be violent! F*ck you! F*ck you! F*ck you! - Ed <3
Sorlag
Grunge God

Re: FINNISH GRUNGE MOVEMENT COMING SOON...

Post by Sorlag »

Emergenza is almost everything what I don't want music to be about, I was at a startup meeting because my bass player dragged me to it so we could see what it was like. They were talking about how life is a competition :roll: Basically what Emergenza does is bands who have many rich friends get to have advantages. They are not interested in creating a platform where bands get to play a lot, they are interested in recieving money from their array of sponsors. But even though they have sponsors like Marshall, that's even printed on the tickets you have to sell, they seem to be getting less than you do from such sponsors - the tickets costs like 12 bucks and the band gets less than 1 buck for each sell. They explained this as "hey, this costs a lot to eerrr you know stage and errr light something dont look at me I don't handle the budget" as if strobe lights and big stages were necessary if you really cared about music being played. I mean, event places such as Debaser can take like 8 bucks for a well known artist, give most of the ticket revenue back to the artist. And not to mention Dislocated where they manage to let bands play for free in clubs and bars, and give well more than 1 buck per ticket back to the artist. And they don't even have any other sponsors than the clubs and bars they book bands for.

That was a lot of bashing Emergenza and nothing about the topic of the thread. I don't think there will be a new world wide wave of grunge, there has never been a new world wide wave of any music scene. It's always renewed and reformated, that's how some music gets to be world wide in the first place, being a fresh concept and not something your parents or older siblings listened to. But good luck on starting up something locally!
when the whole thing comes crashing down, don't ask me why, don't ask me why
PearlGarden
Grunge fan

Post by PearlGarden »

I completely agree on that emergenza word you gave, that format is definetly not the way to succeed in music.
And a ''world wide wave'' is surely an overblown term i gave. There is no way any music like this would hit the top of charts these days, or if so, the chance is one in a thousand.
But i think a small underground wave is possible, definetly. If not in other countries, sure Finland has a great chance to create a scene. So I'll keep my fingers crossed that something good will happen in this terrible form of music industry nowadays; if not in the mainstream, then underground!
Cheers
Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker »

I'm not familiar with emergenza but it sounds something like SuperNova that we have here in Ontario....but that bands get a buck of sales I'm surprised...here bands are expected to sell tickets for $10 and play for the opportunity to play for free again and then play for free as an opening act for some bigger acts and eventually are suppose to win a small amount of recording time...which turns into "oh it didn't get done so now you have to pay XXXX amount of dollars to complete your recording". The bands that move on are the ones that sell the most tickets. I'm not sure what the post that started this thread has to do with any of that stuff but hey I'm not from Finland and have no clue whats going no there. Did disco bands from Finland take over the world in the late 90s and I just didn't realize it? :shock:
PearlGarden
Grunge fan

Post by PearlGarden »

Canucker wrote: Did disco bands from Finland take over the world in the late 90s and I just didn't realize it? :shock:
Haha no, they just conquered poor Finland :D I'm glad that any other country didn't have to hear any of Finland's magnificent dance music groups of the late 90's...
Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker »

umm but now I wanna hear it.
Sorlag
Grunge God

Post by Sorlag »

Me too :?
when the whole thing comes crashing down, don't ask me why, don't ask me why
sadie

Post by sadie »

Täytyy kyllä olla eri mieltä, monesta asiasta. Mut mitäpä mä tiedän.
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.
shanze
Grunge God

Post by shanze »

We played a couple of gigs with Revel Crow last year. They are cool guys, good players and they sound really tight live! The only thing about the band that puts me off is the uninteresting and sometimes dumb lyrics.
A master of blöjäri.
Daffy
Grunge God

Post by Daffy »

Emergenza can go fuck themself!

Ill check the bands out later :)
NEW SINGLE FROM TRIPOD!! SAFE PLACE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMD2YBJ ... e=youtu.be
PearlGarden
Grunge fan

Post by PearlGarden »

After this topic got out of hand, I'm taking it pleasantely back to the start by teline you that FULLMOON SILHOUETTE has got new material! Go check it out! http://soundcloud.com/fullmoon-silhouette/illusions