Bush

Talk about the new breed of Grunge Rockers.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

rabbit
Grunge zealot

Re: Bush

Post by rabbit » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:07 pm

i think the problem is simply the generation is looking for a real artist with a voice that can represent the generation but sadley we cant find one because everyone copys radio stuff... the only real artist who has any potential of claiming this rank would be christofer drew but i think whoever it is is about to pop up because the time between these race of people is coming people like bob dylan, john lennon, and kurt cobain are legends and tell the story of a generation and ussually reinvent music in some form... i have this feeling as pretentious as it sounds that i am the next one... but if not im perfectlly okay with that!! lol as long as somebody tells this generations story and leaves a mark...

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:11 pm

There are so many new grunge bands that could do it, and so many other types of bands that could too, they are there trust me, it's just that they have a hard time getting their foot in the door because of the way the world is today, and the media still being content with controllable pop acts with no substance that they can push on the audience just to get money, even if the audience doesn't like it anymore.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support

Scarabola
Grunge God

Post by Scarabola » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:21 pm

My biggest fear is that the music that I make will have a modern influence on it...

rabbit
Grunge zealot

Post by rabbit » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:25 pm

my biggest fear is that my songs will come off as too dark... making happy songs while keeping basic grunge elements is quite possiblly the biggest challenge ive ever faced with my music

Scarabola
Grunge God

Post by Scarabola » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:38 pm

A happy song that I really love is "You Get What you Give" by New Radicals. I almost changed the station when that song came on, but then I decided to give it a listen and I fell in love.

rabbit
Grunge zealot

Post by rabbit » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:55 pm

lol :) i like listening to jason mraz sometimes x]

Scarabola
Grunge God

Post by Scarabola » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:16 am

I always get him and John Mayer confused, although I like John Mayer.

rabbit
Grunge zealot

Post by rabbit » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:21 am

i think jason mraz is a million times cooler than john mayer...
jason mraz is more of an artist while john mayer is more of a musician

Jack_Armstrong
Grunge guru

Post by Jack_Armstrong » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:29 am

I love Bush. First got hold of one of their albums from my uncle in 2001. That was Sixteen Stone, which I still regard as my favourite example of their work. Second favourite would have to be either Razorblade Suitcase or Science Of Things. There later releases weren’t as good but were still on balance enjoyable. I have attended exactly two concerts by the band. Glasgow 2012 and Manchester 2017. Personal favourite song would have to be Comedown, from Sixteen Stone.

XsInMyEyes
Grunge maniac

Post by XsInMyEyes » Sat May 11, 2019 12:19 pm

They're doing a new record apparently...its called "The Mind plays tricks on You". I don't know when its going to come out, perhaps October? They say its going to "devestate people", hopefully not literally(!) and be "really heavy"...the inspiration for this direction (according to Gavin Rossdale) is playing at loads of heavy metal festivals with bands like the Cult. I think they played one with Judas Priest too (love me some Priest!). One of the songs from the record, the first single I presume and the first song from the record we're likely to hear, is being featured on John Wick 3, its called "Bullet Holes"...the song was not originally written for the film though.
After easily the best part of ten years of being back together and what, more than seven years of records that were average at best and lackluster at worst..I really look forward to "The Mind plays tricks on You"!
I miss the comfort in being sad.

XsInMyEyes
Grunge maniac

Post by XsInMyEyes » Fri May 17, 2019 7:33 am

Bullet Holes is out.....from the looks of the music video, Robin Goodridge seems not to drum for Bush anymore(??)....hear the song here:

If you want the actual music video, its here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O33FbbArWjU
Only the link in this case, for playback outside of YT has been disabled :|
I like the song...its a nice return to form for those guys. I hope the rest of the new record is like this.
Edit -- I'm getting conflicted sources about Robin's status in the band Gil Sharone said on twitter that Robin was still in Bush and it is him in the video (not likely, whoever that is...I thought they were Chris Difford for a minute)...while someone on the "Bush Fans" FB page claimed Robin is "on hiatus"...therefore the drummer in the video not being Robin
Edit again —- it’s Sharone himself...Sharone must’ve been lying then.
Edit again -- Robin may not be touring for the new record...and there's rumors of him retiring completely...likely false but sad if they are true :(
I miss the comfort in being sad.