Venus Veins

Talk about the new breed of Grunge Rockers.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug

unsaid90
Grunge fan

Venus Veins

Post by unsaid90 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:40 pm

I'm not quite sure how to get people acquainted with this one, but they were so good I can't help but post something about them.
The band was quite a short-lived one, releasing a demo under the name Rusty Nail and then a full-length album as Venus Veins.
I'm 100% sure no one here has ever heard of it, so please give the guys a chance... they split up and the rest of the band started playing post-rock for some reason , so we'll never hear from them again.
Nevertheless, I can't stress enough how happy I am of knowing about this band... One rarely finds grunge songs that are both quite well-polished and sincere, powerful, emotional and so true to the genre.
Can't quite put a finger on their influences. Mostly Nirvana of course, but the slower, darker part of it. Have you ever wondered why so few bands attempt to play something like Endless Nameless ?
Well listen to "Me and The Sun" here, then give a try to the rest of their songs... :
http://cicimusic.audio/?mp3=venus+veins
(hope the link works in your country )
There is something to be found on youtube too and if at least one person is interested I can easily find all of their material and upload it somewhere for dl, it's complete abandonware, they won't mind.
Put my balls in your eyeholes
You are my horse
I am your rider

KittysocksK
Grunge fan

Re: Venus Veins

Post by KittysocksK » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:51 am

I couldnt get most of the songs to play but I like slave again, it has potential for a really nice crunchy sound, it's a shame so many of these bands don't keep going.