Weather Theatre

A section for bands from the original grunge explosion that don't have their own category.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar

SayHello2Heaven

Weather Theatre

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:16 pm

Despite it being my 21st birthday, and most likely should be getting drunk...I decided to make one quick post before I run off and do random shenanigans I wanted to post about this band. A lot of you may be like "who the hell are these guys, why should I care? and are they grunge enough?" All relevant and reasonable questions. But let me give you a little bit of a background.

They were an 80's band that had former Seattle musicians John Massoni, David Thierry, Liz Wick, and Eric Burnham. 3 of those were formally in a band called A Western Family. And if you know that band than you'll immediatly know that Weather Theatre aren't grunge, per se. They had the location/geography and they had a record produced by the infamous Jack Endino, but they had a touch of psychedlia to them. I want to say they resemble a Vexed or some other Secretions psychedlic influenced band...

They didn't get a whole lot of publicity around town, however I have a Rocket magazine and see some Backlash magazines that cover them briefly. They split up in 1989, and John Massoni flew to London and created music under the name Maxine (which should sound familiar) and recorded and EP with Sonic Boom in 2000.

Check these guys out!