Dandelion

A section for bands from the original grunge explosion that don't have their own category.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

inzedit
Grunge maniac

Dandelion

Post by inzedit »

and what about Dandelion?
they are from Philadelphia, made two albums
I Think I'm Gonna Be Sick (1993)
Dyslexicon (1995)
that i have and like.
they sound similar to mudhoney and nirvana
I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave,
Trust me Trust me Trust me

Rasi
Grunge maniac

Re: Dandelion

Post by Rasi »

Just wanted to post them. Cool band that does the punky Nirvana with style :)
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

Douglas Adams

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven »

Well I guess we were bound to disagree on something Adam :) I prefer "I Think I'm Gonna Be Sick" as opposed to "Dyslexicon"; grungy gritty vocals, booming drum beats, mesmerizing guitar licks and bass lines. Everything a spoiled music listener like me could ever dream for.

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana »

Love! I think I found Under My Skin first on youtube and love that one, and Weird Out, and Waiting For a Ride, plus Onion Field which is to die for. I bought "I Think I'm Gonna Be Sick" and can't wait to really listen as I've heard it's really dirty and grungy and can already tell that.

Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 »

Sooo I think I can safely say that I'm addicted to this band, thanks to Cory's fb post.
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

Curmudgeon
Site Admin

Post by Curmudgeon »

:D You have no idea how happy that makes me. They were a good band. Shame they only put out 2 albums, but that's the way it goes sometimes.
I may have to dig those albums out and give them a listen again, maybe I'll do that today.
There's supposedly a rarities box set out there somewhere, but I have yet to find it.
Image Image

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana »

Yeah it is a good band! Sometimes I just feel like watching those music videos over and over.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 »

Awww YAY!!! They are SO good! I've been listening to them for two days straight. Also, it was a pain in the arse trying to find their stuff...had to download a program to convert m4a to mp3, which in turn downloaded a bunch of spam crap on my craptop D: But I deleted it all....was so worth it!
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

Curmudgeon
Site Admin

Post by Curmudgeon »

You could have just asked me, I would have sent them to you as MP3's. lol. Glad you're enjoying them. I've been listening to them again today. I'm about half-way through Dyslexicon at the moment.
Image Image

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 »

Welp......too late xD But thanks! And I think that's my favorite outta the two albums. I really like 'whatever' and 'snow job' and 'trailer park girl' 8D

MetallicaFan247
Grunge maniac

Post by MetallicaFan247 »

I really like these guys i found them last week while looking for lesser known bands from the 90's. Weird-Out is my favourite.
How can i be lost?
If I've got nowhere to go.

MetallicaFan247
Grunge maniac

Post by MetallicaFan247 »

Still listening to them, I can now say I'm addicted to the dyslexicon album. Tapped is pure amazing, so good!
How can i be lost?
If I've got nowhere to go.

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 »

They really are fantastic. They've got a bit of that post-grunge poppy punk sound but it's not awful at all. I think the energy that lil band had was great.

grungebeautiful
Grunge fanatic

Post by grungebeautiful »

so, yeah - about that boxed rarities set..

here's some info from wikipedia that struck my interest
the band kind of pulled a love battery; named the band after a rolling stone's track (dandelion, of course)

"In 1990, Dandelion recorded a demo tape called Silver that was reviewed by CMJ magazine and received a Jackpot pick, being only the second demo to receive that honor.[citation needed]"
This 'citation needed' is what kills me here. It even says something about Silver on the band's fb page if I remember correctly (running out of time, not going to look it up)...but i've found nothing. nowhere. there also mentions something about this rarities set at the end of the page with their list of music work.

i myself am actually from philadelphia, but this band and their corresponding scene remains a big mystery to me. what other bands were they associated with? who did they play with back in the day? whatever happened to this demo? has anyone listened to any of the other bands that any of the dandelion band members left the band to do? let me know.
"they made a big mistake - they didn't go further&find more of the bands that were already here. thats what makes me feel guilty about the success of our band" - EDDiE VEDDER

OVERCAST HYPE GRUNGE RADIO

GrungeGuy
Grunge fan

Post by GrungeGuy »

Their wikipage is flawed even their Discography isn't complete, missing their singles Weird-Out and Trailer Park Girl. And for the "Rarities: There Is Some Fun (box set, 1995)" that is totally wrong information taken from AllMusic. I do not believe such boxset exists, discogs.com has no mention of it either. The Silver demo must have been one of a kind I guess.

I can't say anything about the Philadelphia scene or where they are now or other bands they have played in, but their wikipage is meeh.