Nudeswirl

A section for bands from the original grunge explosion that don't have their own category.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

Daffy
Grunge God

Re: Nudeswirl

Post by Daffy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:13 pm

ohh damn cool band!! liked them alot!! :D
NEW SINGLE FROM TRIPOD!! SAFE PLACE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMD2YBJ ... e=youtu.be

Daffy
Grunge God

Post by Daffy » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:15 pm

hehe not yet, just check them out on myspace! but i need to hear more of them! :)
NEW SINGLE FROM TRIPOD!! SAFE PLACE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMD2YBJ ... e=youtu.be

grungebeautiful
Grunge fanatic

Post by grungebeautiful » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:44 am

wow, extremely impressive. i'm very impressed that tool and radiohead claims that nudeswirl was an influence..but yes, please, if anyone could upload one of their albums, that would be amazing! but i'll definitely be on the look out in the used bins haha
"they made a big mistake - they didn't go further&find more of the bands that were already here. thats what makes me feel guilty about the success of our band" - EDDiE VEDDER

OVERCAST HYPE GRUNGE RADIO

Grunge
Grunge fan

Post by Grunge » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:08 pm

Hi everyone, this is my first post!

I'm 18, but I discovered Nudeswirl a couple months back, and I think they're awesome.

I discovered them by searching Beavis and Butt-Head episodes on YouTube, eventually I found "Crazy Love" by Gruntruck, which led me to buy their stuff on iTunes. I then saw a live version of Gruntruck's "Slow Scorch" on YouTube, where in the comments section someone posted about how these guys should've been famous "and so should Nudeswirl", which led me to look up Nudeswirl, which led me to the F Sharp video, which led me to purchasing their stuff on iTunes.

Nudeswirl is amazing. Several problems for them obtaining fame would be record label they chose (Megaforce) which wasn't a big label like Sony or Geffen (Gruntruck and Skin Yard also made this same mistake, Soundgarden switched for bigger labels, which is why they got famous).

The album cover is another problem (again, same with Gruntruck's Push). It might put stores in a bad light to sell an album with a naked woman on it (even as a painting). The name Nudeswirl wasn't even on the cover, and the back cover was just a close-up of the woman's face.

Another factor is the sound quality for Nudeswirl. The music sounded scratched, blurred, and fuzzy, and this is not about the guitars. The vocals, drums, everything sounded too blurry, as if the album was recorded in the sixties.

It's a shame they never became fanous. They sounded better than some of the Seattle bands at that time. :(
[size=200]Post-X is universally worse than X.
Understand this and you understand why shit surrounds you.[/size]
[size=125][color=#FF0000]Also, universally means overwhelmingly so, which still gives exceptions to the rule.
Understand this and you'll find the rare gems in the piles of shit.[/color][/size]

Grunge
Grunge fan

Post by Grunge » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:50 am

Thanks for the welcome! I'm surprised no one took the username Grunge already. :o :)
[size=125][color=#FF0000]Also, universally means overwhelmingly so, which still gives exceptions to the rule.
Understand this and you'll find the rare gems in the piles of shit.[/color][/size]

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:52 am

That's probably because it isn't exactly the most creative one :wink2:
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
P A I V wrote: fuck off i talk new york

Grunge
Grunge fan

Post by Grunge » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:43 am

Lol, well, someone had to take it 8D

And as for Nudeswirl, they should've been one of those idol bands of the nineties. "Three" is one of the best songs ever. Period.

Grunge
Grunge fan

Post by Grunge » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:47 pm

Here are Nudeswirl's only two music videos on Beavis and Butt-Head. They seem to like "F Sharp" more than "Buffalo".

"F Sharp" on "The Butt-Head Experience" (skip to 1:38):

"Buffalo" on "I Dream of Beavis" (skip to 9:10):

hopeandadams
Grunge fan

Post by hopeandadams » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:57 am

Here is their debut album:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5mlnny5j4zc#2

here is a link to some earlier recordings of theirs and a couple of videos:

http://www.myspace.com/nudeswirlindependentlp

if anyone could rip these and upload them, it would be much appreciated.

also, anyone have any recordings of any other bands from the members of Nudeswirl? eg. Slaprocket

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:11 am

I know the bassist went on to join the Mad Daddies, I have a vinyl by them I can try to upload...Can't promise anything though. The device I have that rips vinyl has been on the flux.

nicos
Grunge fan

Post by nicos » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:33 pm

Grunge wrote:Hi everyone, this is my first post!

I'm 18, but I discovered Nudeswirl a couple months back, and I think they're awesome.

I discovered them by searching Beavis and Butt-Head episodes on YouTube, eventually I found "Crazy Love" by Gruntruck, which led me to buy their stuff on iTunes. I then saw a live version of Gruntruck's "Slow Scorch" on YouTube, where in the comments section someone posted about how these guys should've been famous "and so should Nudeswirl", which led me to look up Nudeswirl, which led me to the F Sharp video, which led me to purchasing their stuff on iTunes.

Nudeswirl is amazing. Several problems for them obtaining fame would be record label they chose (Megaforce) which wasn't a big label like Sony or Geffen (Gruntruck and Skin Yard also made this same mistake, Soundgarden switched for bigger labels, which is why they got famous).

The album cover is another problem (again, same with Gruntruck's Push). It might put stores in a bad light to sell an album with a naked woman on it (even as a painting). The name Nudeswirl wasn't even on the cover, and the back cover was just a close-up of the woman's face.

Another factor is the sound quality for Nudeswirl. The music sounded scratched, blurred, and fuzzy, and this is not about the guitars. The vocals, drums, everything sounded too blurry, as if the album was recorded in the sixties.

It's a shame they never became fanous. They sounded better than some of the Seattle bands at that time. :(

Well I won't say that their intention wasn't to become famous I won't know that for sure but it is a fact that a lot of these indie bands of the time prided themselves on low fi, that just might have bin the case with these guys.

Meatplow
Grunge fan

Post by Meatplow » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:51 am

https://youtu.be/bP1qnxnu4aI

seen these guys at the dynamo festival, the netherlands in '93, back then the biggest metal festival of western europe. Memory is a bit hazy, they were cool though.