Tool news thread

We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Talk about the enigmatic Tool and their side projects like A Perfect Circle here.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Zodiac_n_Black
Grunge prophet

Re: Tool news thread

Post by Zodiac_n_Black » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:17 am

incessantmace wrote: I see we're coming from the same direction 8D Thanks for putting it the way you did!
I've got your back bro! :D
Debut album out now, listen to the whole thing on Soundcloud here ...

Add us on Facebook and watch our video for Bad Pills here.

Zodiac_n_Black
Grunge prophet

Post by Zodiac_n_Black » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:19 am

I don't know how this one passed me by but this was announced on toolband.com a few weeks ago.... looks like we're going to have to wait another 11 months for the new Tool album. Makes sense what with all the APC stuff going on. I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.

http://www.toolband.com/news/letter/index.php?t=1&id=59

ISayFuckYouSay...
Grunge God

Post by ISayFuckYouSay... » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:37 pm

Zodiac_n_Black wrote:I don't know how this one passed me by but this was announced on toolband.com a few weeks ago.... looks like we're going to have to wait another 11 months for the new Tool album. Makes sense what with all the APC stuff going on. I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.

http://www.toolband.com/news/letter/index.php?t=1&id=59
Wow! That was fast! I thought they released an album every 100 years :P
[url]http://www.FaceBook.Com/DOGGENSTEIN[/url]
[url]http://www.Doggenstein.BandCamp.Com[/url]
[url]http://www.reverbnation.com/DOGGENSTEIN[/url]
[url]http://www.last.fm/music/doggenstein[/url]
[url]http://signmeto.roadrunnerrecords.com/artists/doggenstein[/url]

Zodiac_n_Black
Grunge prophet

Post by Zodiac_n_Black » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:34 am

TOOL Guitarist Performs National Anthem At 'WWE Summerslam'... weird.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=162010

PJAICfan
Grunge God

Post by PJAICfan » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:20 pm

Simply needed somewhere to post this, it made me laugh:

Nashville Cream: Are any of the three bands you play in gonna play Bonnaroo this year?
Maynard James Keenan: I think Puscifer was offered a slot, but we really didn’t have any interest in playing in the same tent with Danzig and Alice Cooper. SORRY.

NC: [Laughs] Why not?

MJK: Uh, it didn’t quite fit.

NC: Do you think that’s the result of people just assuming that, because of your association with Tool, it WOULD fit?

MJK: Yup. Absolutely.

NC: Is that a perception that you often have to contend with in Puscifer?

MJK: Every. Fucking. Day.
Easy come, easy go
Easy left me a long time ago..

sadie

Post by sadie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:44 pm

I think Tool announced some tour dates. I'm on my phone so don't know how to link anything, but google knows.
Also, there are whispers that their catalog might come to streaming services.

Also, A Perfect Circle tour dates? Possibly, not 100 % sure cause my memory sucks. Google can help with this too I guess.

Not very helpful, but had to post before I forget again.

// yes and yes. All tour dates at least Tool Facebook page.
Also, Maynard James Keenan book on works/coming, and what I understood, he's on board with that.

Interview

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/d ... mes-keenan
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:26 am

Tool may soon be available for streaming services for the first time ever! That is HUGE!

Via Bloomberg
Members of Tool have been talking to the biggest services, including Spotify Ltd. and Apple Inc., about the best way to release their music, said the people, who asked not be identified discussing the private negotiations. Lead singer Maynard James Keenan didn’t respond to requests for comment. The music services declined to comment.”

The hard-rock quartet, whose hits in the 1990s included “Sober” and “Prison Sex,” is one of the few major recording acts still unavailable on most streaming services. The steady flow of revenue from Spotify and its ilk have become essential to an industry still reeling from the advent of the internet, with record labels reporting sales growth for the first time in decades.

The Beatles gave in to streaming services a couple years ago, and the estate of Prince put his catalog online in February. While Taylor Swift still won’t offer some of her music on Spotify, users of pay services such as Apple Music can listen to all the country-pop they want.
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
incessantmace wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 am
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:06 am

I'm afraid I'm past the point of really getting excited by Tool news :? :lol:

No srsly a new album would be nice of course but 10,000 Days has spent the roughly 3,500 days since its release relatively idly on my CD shelf, so the new record probably won't have the mind-shattering effects that Aenima and Lateralus had on me either. But that's okay :D
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
P A I V wrote: fuck off i talk new york

sadie

Post by sadie » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:21 am

:Same, I'm not even like waiting. I think being a CL fan has prepared me for a big wait and being patient. They're gonna release whwn they're ready, and I'm not holding my breath :lol:
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:50 am

At this point I agree. Seeing constant news about the littlest things in regards to a new album is just too much. I am also secretly hoping they do a surprise release and go, "Here it is!"
otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote:
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

sadie

Post by sadie » Thu May 09, 2019 3:19 am

Two new Tool songs up in YouTube, they played them live. Also, release date out, August 30th.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Thu May 09, 2019 5:55 pm

And it truly begins...

I still hoped that they just released the album digitally just to throw people into a loop but oh well XD
otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote:

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker » Thu May 09, 2019 7:43 pm

People I work with are obsessed with Tool. I've never been a fan. For our staff party we had a jam night and five of them got together and did a tool tune. Pretty impressive considering the never practiced it together once.