Foo Fighters News Thread

From the ashes of Nirvana arose the Foo Fighters. Talk about Dave Grohl's phenomenally successful band as well as his other god-like genius projects here.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Grunge_Chick
Grunge God

Re: Foo Fighters News Thread

Post by Grunge_Chick » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:16 am

I went to a Foo Fighters concert last night and it was fucking amazing! The whole band is just full of awesome musicians and Dave Grohl is kick ass. He took the time to engage the audience and played for hours (not the usual hour it seems you get with most bands). They just seemed really personable. I hate when bands don't even take the time to say "thanks for coming out" and act like they are hot shit. They definitely didn't do that and I would pay good money to see them again.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:02 pm

Zodiac_n_Black wrote:
sadie wrote:WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH TO PROTEST AT FOO FIGHTERS SHOW
This will be the September 16th show in Kansas City. This is an announcement from the Westboro Baptist Church:

“WBC to picket the Foo Fighters at the Sprint Center. The entertainment industry is a microcosm of the people in this doomed nation: hard-hearted, Hell-bound, and hedonistic. These people have a platform and should be using it to encourage obedience to God; instead they teach every person who will listen all things contrary to Him: fornication, adultery, idolatry, fags. The people in this nation have sinned away their day of grace and have so enraged their God that you are seeing new outpourings of His wrath continually. We will be there to remind you that the day of your destruction is upon you, even as you vainly seek comfort in the frivolities of this life.

Your doom is coming, america! Repent or Perish!”
http://grungereport.net/?p=6893
Not a massive Foo Fighters fan but this is very funny...

My Granny saw this on the news, and she told me she gave them a thumbs up!

My Granny ROCKS!
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep

Jessica
Grunge guru

Post by Jessica » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:57 pm

Grunge_Chick wrote:I hate when bands don't even take the time to say "thanks for coming out" and act like they are hot shit.
Agreed. It's the legions of fans that pay their wage, basically! I always appreciate when bands are thankful for that. I've never seen Foo Fighters.. do they still play a good mix of old and new songs?

Grunge_Chick
Grunge God

Post by Grunge_Chick » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:02 pm

Agreed. It's the legions of fans that pay their wage, basically! I always appreciate when bands are thankful for that. I've never seen Foo Fighters.. do they still play a good mix of old and new songs?[/quote]

Actually yes, they did a really good job at playing a mixture of songs. I was really impressed.

sadie

Post by sadie » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:36 am

Dave Grohl has written a letter to fans who have preordered his Sound City Studios documentary from SoundCityMovie.com:

Hey there….

Thanks for scraping up your hard earned dough and buying the movie direct from our site! We’re stoked! Hope you love it as much as we do….

Ummm………Holy shit! I made a movie!

I started this project a little over a year ago with ONE of my good old friends (Jim Rota from the band Fireball Ministry). That’s right….just me, my drinking buddy, and a crazy idea that we should tell the story of a studio we had loved hanging around for years, and our heartbreak to see it close. It soon blossomed into something truly epic! I don’t think either of us ever imagined our little project would become what it is now. Like all the best things in life, it just…….happened.

From day one, it was the most incredible experience of my life. I swear. Sitting down with Neil Young talking about recording guitars, John Fogerty telling me about the day he decided to become a musician, Stevie Nicks telling me the story of how she joined Fleetwood Mac, Trent Reznor schooling me on the world of computers and digital technology, etc etc etc…..can you imagine? All I had to do was listen…I am the luckiest man on earth.

And, being a completely independent film, no one told us how or what to do! Me and my crew of under 20 people did it OUR way. It was like a keg party with a camera. WE got to tell the story of a place we all held so dear. WE wanted to do it justice. And I think we did.

But, SOUND CITY is only part of the story…..

What is it that happens when 4 people turn on, plug in, and really play that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up? What is it about those moments when you hear something and it immediately puts its hooks in you, and you feel…..understood? What is it that will inspire the next generation of kids wanna do what I did when I was a little punk growing up in Springfield, Virginia? That feeling like, “Wait……I can do this too…..

That’s what I’m talking about. That human connection. That human feel. That human sound…that isn’t perfect…but it’s sooooo good.

I really feel like SOUND CITY is my life’s most important work. I hope you do too.

Psyched that you get to see it! Show it to your friends! Get together, start a band, sound like shit, and change the world. GO!

Thank you, thank you, thank you………Dave
http://grungereport.net/?p=19026
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:40 pm

http://www.alternativenation.net/foo-fi ... y-concert/

"The Foo Fighters have decided to reschedule the last tour date on their Australian leg, citing “unforeseen scheduling conflicts”. Festival promoters Frontier Touring have confirmed that the Foos’ performance at Perth’s nib Stadium originally scheduled for Saturday, 7th March, will now happen on Sunday, 8th March.

Fans who have already purchased tickets for the cancelled Saturday performance can use their tickets on the new date; however, those who are not able to attend can obtain a full refund. The rest of the tour remains unaffected.

In other Foo Fighters news, in a new Q&A with Rolling Stone, frontman Dave Grohl ripped critics of the Foo Fighters latest studio album Sonic Highways:

Look, that was one of the first conversations that we had when we started this project. I would explain the idea and someone would say, “Oh, cool. So, are you going to play a blues song? Are you going to make a country song in Nashville? Are you going to do jazz in New Orleans?” And I thought, “Can you fucking imagine how much of a train wreck that would be?” I said, “You have to remember that not everybody has HBO and is going to see the series.”

So, first and foremost, we have to make a Foo Fighters record. That’s it. And I really fought to retain that. At one point in Nashville, I walked in the control room and everyone was wearing fucking cowboy hats. I was like, “Guys! Don’t! Stop! Wait! We are still the Foo Fighters. Don’t forget that.” I think maybe people misunderstood the concept and thought that we were going to incorporate all of the different flavors or genres from each city, and, to me, it didn’t make any sense because the last thing I want to do is chase something that’s not real."
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support

Grunge_Chick
Grunge God

Post by Grunge_Chick » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:08 pm

Not really Foo Fighter news but a weird little story.

A woman where I work was telling me how her son works for the House of Blues and that he gets to meet some really interesting people. I asked who, and she mentioned that recently her son was excited because, as she put it, "he met some guy named Dave who is in a band called Foo something while he was at the urinal"

"Dave Grohl!" I shouted. She said "Oh yah, that was it!" Long story short her son peed next to Dave Grohl. Lucky guy!

otherimprov
Site Admin

Post by otherimprov » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:10 pm

Lucky basterd.
Eat your water and drink your vegetables

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:10 pm

Haha, that's cool!
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support

Jack_Armstrong
Grunge guru

Post by Jack_Armstrong » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:53 am

Not exactly ‘news’ but Dave Grohl is 49 today.

XsInMyEyes
Grunge guru

Post by XsInMyEyes » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:20 pm

Theyve a new LP coming out next year apparently.
The band will be playing through the s.t debut at the Reading Leeds music festivals.
I miss the comfort in being sad. Drive away and its the same, everywhere death row everyone’s a victim.

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:48 am

Jack_Armstrong wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:53 am
Not exactly ‘news’ but Dave Grohl is 49 today.
I think he looks more and more like John Bonham every year.
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote:And who made you president of grunge town?