Super Bowl Performance 2014

The funky monks' monastery right here, loved by many-a grungers too.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

SKUNCHBAG
Grunge God

Re: Super Bowl Performance 2014

Post by SKUNCHBAG »

Fuck yeah! Rock n' roll!
sky above, voice within
Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker »

I think you just learned how to deal with me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mr.BananaYeah
Grunge prophet

Post by Mr.BananaYeah »

Zodiac_n_Black wrote:
Mr.BananaYeah wrote:
Zodiac_n_Black wrote:Yeah, I agree. It's unlikely it's about the money as I'm sure they've all got plenty of that by now. It's an attempt for them to feel relevant, or maybe they've got to the point where there aren't many real challenges left and playing the Super Bowl is a new experience for them. I have no doubt that the limelight is addictive and once you get a taste for it it must be hard to not want more, all the more reason to respect those that are strong enough to walk away from it.
Infinite respect for John Frusciante, the band is completely dead without him and his solo work kicks the shit out of any other musician anyway
I don't agree, I've got a few of his solo albums and the more I listen to him the more I think he's only as good as the musicians he's playing with. I'm not slagging him off, his playing on Blood Sugar Sex Magic is absolutely fantastic. It's tasteful and economical and the songs are fantastic. I'm less into Californication and By The Way, his playing on The Mars Volta stuff is really good and I think he should have joined them.

I think people who call him a god on guitar haven't been listening to enough music because his output doesn't justify that title at all.
Well calling anyone a god at anything is a bit ridiculous, and I personally think that some of his solo work is better by far than anything RHCP have ever done. The dude's insane with chords and has mad technical skill but isn't a prick who thinks music is about technical skill and either only theory or no theory
[quote="Thurston_Whore"]Hey,Welcome to the forum just thought i'd give you my site adress and mabye suprise the wife for her birthday this year?
http://www.sextoys.co.uk/cat_Dildos.asp?dept=0?dealer=2035[/quote]
Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea »

Grunge_Chick wrote:I understand this is how super bowl performances are done but they don't need the money and I like to think that there must be some bands out there that wouldn't do a performance unless it was legit. It's just fake and a bit of a let down.
That's just it, that's how they're done. There a hundred things that can go wrong, i'd understand if this was concert, but for a few minutes they have the attention of almost every American household. You can't afford screw ups, you just can't risk it.

Although I don't understand what it has to do with money.
shanze wrote:And you will. You will.

Then you put your spell on him and Jerry shall be yours.

FOREVER!
subpop1999
Grunge God

Post by subpop1999 »

Yeah, me neither. It wasn't for money. It was to not fuck up. That's it.

It's weird how some threads just fall into an infinite abyss of darkness. Like, not one person had a reply? Or were they too lazy to say what they wanted?

idk.
Fuck this American bullshit, I'm from Yorkshire, and it's Yorkshire day. Let's go eat some tatties and Yorkshire pudding.
Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle »

Sometimes a thread runs its course, and fade away.
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
subpop1999
Grunge God

Post by subpop1999 »

Or burn out in some cases.

Or are never answered.
Fuck this American bullshit, I'm from Yorkshire, and it's Yorkshire day. Let's go eat some tatties and Yorkshire pudding.
Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle »

Which is fine really. Not everyone, as you know, is on everyday and if it's been awhile will never know if they to answer something.
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep