RHCP helped me out....

The funky monks' monastery right here, loved by many-a grungers too.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Y2K-kyle

RHCP helped me out....

Post by Y2K-kyle »

Alright, I was on at my district's Key Club convention, and my friend brought his laptop with him. I asked to copy all of his Red Hot Chili Peppers onto my flash drives and he did. When I got home, I put them on my computer and I started playing them.

Listening to RHCP helped me through the two year anniversary of my dad's passing, because of being sad, I just wanted to dance to I'm with You, Californication, and Stadium Arcadium.

So, yeah that's it. I just wanted to express my gratitude towards Anthony Kiedis, Flea, Chad Smith, John Frusciante, Josh Klinghoffer, and Hillel Slovak for helping me during a difficult time in my life. Also, props to my friend who let me have copies of RHCP albums. :)
otherimprov wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
Grunge_Chick
Grunge God

Re: RHCP helped me out....

Post by Grunge_Chick »

It's amazing how some music can really lift your spirit (not trying to sound overly sensitive). I am glad that you found something that helps you through those times. :)
Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle »

Grunge_Chick wrote:It's amazing how some music can really lift your spirit (not trying to sound overly sensitive). I am glad that you found something that helps you through those times. :)
Hence my love for it.
otherimprov wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana »

Grunge_Chick wrote:It's amazing how some music can really lift your spirit
Music is magic. Music is life. It's one of those things that everybody loves. Everyone loves at least one song/band/style. Not everybody likes art, fishing, building things, sports etc., but everybody loves music. Whenever someone says the classic "Laughter is the best medicine" I always want to say "and music" because it can make you happy if you're sad, awake if you're tired, calm if you're anxious, it can ease your pain if you're feeling any whether it be physical or emotional, really anything.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support
kurtdaniel
Grunge fanatic

Post by kurtdaniel »

Im glad Im getting to know more persons who are touched by rchp's music.. :) This artist influenced me much in my music teaching..
Amorican Shakedown
Grunge fanatic

Post by Amorican Shakedown »

Yeah they are a band and music that just makes you feel good, rythym for the soul, etc...It can def be there for you its unreal...glad it helped! Whenever I want to be in a good mood or just feel funky down to my core I put them on!
Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea »

kurtdaniel wrote:Im glad Im getting to know more persons who are touched by rchp's music.. :) This artist influenced me much in my music teaching..
SHAMELESS PLUG
shanze wrote:And you will. You will.

Then you put your spell on him and Jerry shall be yours.

FOREVER!
clairebear96
Grunge fan

Post by clairebear96 »

RHCP has helped me so much through out my life.. everytime a new emoton goes through my head, theres always a song by them that relates to the situation and helps me through it.. i love them so much, i've been a huge fan since i was 7 and they really have changed my life and way of thinking about things
Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea »

Haha remember when you used to make fun of me for loving RHCP when we'd bump heads.

FOREVER!
scentless
Grunge fanatic

Post by scentless »

glad to read when music helps people.

it's like therapy for alot of people :D
two-fitty
Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle »

Pennyroyaltea wrote:Haha remember when you used to make fun of me for loving RHCP when we'd bump heads.
Yes, I do recall. It wasn't the best of times. But I'm glad that we agree that RHCP are awesome!
Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea »

Y2K-kyle wrote:
Pennyroyaltea wrote:Haha remember when you used to make fun of me for loving RHCP when we'd bump heads.
Yes, I do recall. It wasn't the best of times. But I'm glad that we agree that RHCP are awesome!
I'm glad you came around, so now you don't miss out. :D

FOREVER!