Chris Cornell Died

The Knights of the Soundtable ride again! Talk about Soundgarden, their side projects as well as Chris Cornell stuff here.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

jarofchains
Grunge fan

Re: Chris Cornell Died

Post by jarofchains » Sun May 28, 2017 7:29 pm

Y2K-kyle wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 1:05 pm
sadie wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 1:36 am
Also, no love for Devil Put Dinosaurs Here?
I love Devil Put Dinosaurs Here. Then again that shouldn't be a surprise from me since I generally have the tendency to liking albums that most people dislike. :lol:

Also, how does everyone feel about media outlets releasing pictures of the funeral services? I feel conflicted about it because it is a private affair, yet it is almost amazing to see all of them come together to pay their final respects and goodbyes to Chris.
I don't get the hate for The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here either. I really like that album. Hung on a Hook has become one of my favorite AIC songs. If Lab Monkey or TDPDH would of been pretty big songs if they were released in the 90s (just cool trippy songs). I do sometimes wonder how Layne's vocals would of sounded on both of the new records. I am hoping Duvall gets a little more freedom and contributes more songs to the next record.

As for the media taking pictures and publishing, I think it is an unfortunate side effect of fame. I was somewhat surprised that Chris was buried in Hollywood rather than home in Seattle. I did check out the images and it was sad to see so many of the members of that incredible scene have to come together for such a somber occasion. I am still pretty down about his passing and trying to understand and process it.

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker » Sun May 28, 2017 9:10 pm

shocking....i really don't have any more to add to that....not at this time anyways.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Mon May 29, 2017 9:28 am

jarofchains wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 7:29 pm
As for the media taking pictures and publishing, I think it is an unfortunate side effect of fame. I was somewhat surprised that Chris was buried in Hollywood rather than home in Seattle. I did check out the images and it was sad to see so many of the members of that incredible scene have to come together for such a somber occasion. I am still pretty down about his passing and trying to understand and process it.
I agree with that, but Chris had that special balance of fame in regards to being constantly photographed. To be honest most of those photos were probably more for Brad Pitt and Christian Bale. Didn't know they were friends of his so that was an interesting fact to learn.
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep

sadie

Post by sadie » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:11 pm

So this didn't give as much answers as I was hoping for :roll:
According to the report, obtained by TMZ, the singer had Naloxone (Narcan), Butalbital (sedative), Lorazepam (Ativan), Pseudoephedrine (decongestant) and barbiturates in his system at the time of death. It appears Chris had taken 4 (1 mg) Lorazepam tablets.

Vicky claims she was on the phone with Chris a half hour before his death when he began speaking in tones she hadn't heard since he was addicted to Oxycontin 14 years ago. She was so alarmed by the slurring and tone she asked Chris' bodyguard to break his hotel door down.

Cops observed fresh track marks on Chris' arm. According to the tox report, he had 4 needle puncture wounds on his left arm, but it appears the marks were from EMTs administering Narcan to counteract an opiate OD.

Family sources tell us Vicky and others are angry the medical examiner "jumped to conclusions" Chris committed suicide. They believe he was so high on drugs he did not really form an intent to kill himself, he was out of his mind when he put the exercise belt around his neck.

In essence, Chris' family believes this was an accidental death.

Read more: http://sixxsense.iheart.com/articles/ro ... z4isTYZhfd
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

Lifeless Dead
Grunge fan

Post by Lifeless Dead » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:00 pm

Certain SG songs are more eerie/depressing than ever now. I was listening to Applebite and couldn't get through it.

avawood
Grunge fan

Post by avawood » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:11 pm

Something just doesn't add up about his death. The story keeps changing, none of it makes sense, there are things that seem suspicious - and I will never believe that Chris wanted to take his own life. I know we never really know what goes on behind closed doors, but I just refuse to believe it. Maybe denial gives me comfort. Who knows. I'm just reassessing everything I ever thought I knew about him. He will be a part of me forever, just incredibly heartbroken about it today.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:25 pm

I decided to google the report myself, I didn't like/trusted the link and that it came from TMZ (blame the journalist in me) and I found Rolling Stones coverage.

So technically, the medicine was in his system & it was quite an amount. I think I agree with his widow, because she said he told her he took one or two more than he should.

I feel like the medical examiner should have taken into account how medicines like that have different affects on people. Maybe I still can't wrap my head of him just killing himself.

It seems like it's there, so we may have closure. Hopefully his family and friends will have that too. From Rolling Stone: "However, it is the medical examiner's opinion that 'these drugs did not contribute to the cause of death.'"
otherimprov wrote:

sadie

Post by sadie » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:32 am

I don't trust tmz either, but I knew they couldn't lie about what there was because there's a real report behind it.

Narcan was obviously given by EMTs.
For me, I don't think there was as much as Ativan I thought there would. But, benzos with barbiturates, whole different thing.
I don't think I've ever hear anything good about Barbiturates. "Chronic misuse of barbiturates is associated with significant morbidity. One study found that 11% of males and 23% of females with a sedative-hypnotic misuse habit commit suicide. Other effects of barbiturate intoxication include drowsiness, lateral and vertical nystagmus, slurred speech and ataxia, decreased anxiety and loss of inhibitions."
Also, Pseudoephedrine can cause anxiety.

Anyway, I was hoping for something more I guess. Something obvious.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:51 am

Just read the report... iunno. Maybe he did have a rare unusual response to his meds,but that quickly? It just doesn't make sense,not even to his family. And that's the most suspicious part, the fact that his family is just as shocked and confused as we the fans are.
The Jeevies. It's a feeling you get.
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

P A I V
Grunge God

Post by P A I V » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:13 am

Well, here's my conspiracy theory:

The whole world is ruled by Satan and he's got a plan to groom those carrying out parts of his agenda and when they're no longer useful, or they'd be more useful dead, they die. Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, Prince, Michael Jackson, Scott Weiland, Chris Cornell, Whitney Houston...all of these people's catalogs were worth more after their death, and when they were alive it wasn't generating as much as it did during their prime. With an untimely death, their images and what they lived for are now immortalized.

The day Cornell died, Roger Ailes of Fox also died. The day Gregg Allman died, Zbigniew Brzezinski died. Two rock gods; two authoritarian imperialists. The balance of the universe, carried out by Satan.

Now, do I believe this? Naaah, but it's fun to think about.
There's no such thing as a sure thing. Of this, I'm sure.
twitter, tumblr, soundcloud, instagram
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:38 am
I don know who invented beer but I gotta salute that person

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:48 am

That's an interesting there Paul. ;)

At this rate we'll never know what Chris was mentally now. I just wanted to through out there that was the examiner's opinion, but he is going by the results and his knowledge on the medicines. I do not see any inconsistencies with what his wife said and what the report shows, so maybe it did have some affect on him and who knows when it was taken. That could be something, then again I might be grabbing at straws to move further away from the idea that he just hanged himself without any sign of trouble.
otherimprov wrote:

P A I V
Grunge God

Post by P A I V » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:46 am

This is kind of a joke, but kind of serious:

no alcohol or weed in his system but anxiety was the issue he needed prescription pills for. I think either alcohol or weed could have been used to medicate it and a better result would have come.
otherimprov wrote:

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:44 am

I believe it was stated somewhere long ago that alcohol was a major problem during the Soundgarden and Audioslave years for Chris. It was mentioned somewhere but I can't recall. So that may have not been the best way to treat just on his past troubles with alcohol before.
otherimprov wrote:

P A I V
Grunge God

Post by P A I V » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:09 am

Maybe that was his method of dealing with it in the past...hah...it's certain'y been one I've used.
otherimprov wrote:

sadie

Post by sadie » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:06 pm

What I've noticed, many of the former users of hard drugs seem to be getting anxiety medication (mostly benzos) after they stop. So if he had a drinking/oxy/heroin problems earlier, some doctors seem to be describing anxiety medication after getting clean. Makes sense in some way, but on the other hand, not at all. Don't know if they do it only with some people or is it standard. Most cases I know are celebrities (C Love for example) but few of my friends too.