Chris Cornell Died

The Knights of the Soundtable ride again! Talk about Soundgarden, their side projects as well as Chris Cornell stuff here.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

evee103
Site Admin

Re: Chris Cornell Died

Post by evee103 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:16 pm

That's interesting, maybe people with a history of hard drug use are more prone to having bad reactions to medication?
The Jeevies. It's a feeling you get.
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

Grunge_Chick
Grunge God

Post by Grunge_Chick » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:58 pm

Reading the toxicology report was a bit mind opening. I'm on many of the medications he was one and have been for awhile. I take a wide variety of benzos for anxiety and heart rate and pseudo ephedrine all year long due to allergies. Nobody likes being on medication but sometimes it's necessary to function. I think there are a lot of unanswered questions regarding his death and I honestly think calling it a suicide so soon was premature.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:20 pm

Looks like you are not the only one thinking this.

From Alternative Nation(https://www.alternativenation.net/medic ... d-suicide/):

Dr. Werner Spitz, former chief medical examiner in Wayne and Macomb counties, reviewed Chris Cornell’s autopsy on Friday and and told the Detroit Free Press he was intrigued by the position of Cornell’s body, noting it was partially suspended.

Spitz said he was “not absolutely convinced” the suicide ruling is correct.

“In theory, it could be an accident,” he said late Friday.

Toxicology tests performed after the Soundgarden singer died May 18 in Detroit detected lorazepam, which is used in the treatment of anxiety and sold as Ativan; pseudoephedrine, a decongestant; naloxone, used to counter effects of opioids; butalbital, a sedative, and caffeine.

Spitz, who often weighs in on controversial cases, added that based on his reading of the report: “The way (Cornell) was found means he was able to regulate the pressure on his neck.”

The autopsy report said Cornell, who was 6-foot-3 and weighed 180 pounds, was in a torn gray T-shirt and black underwear.

Naloxone, one of the drugs present in Cornell’s system, is often given to resuscitate people with suspected opioid overdoses.

Spitz said it could have been administered when Cornell was found unresponsive.
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
incessantmace wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 am
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

sadie

Post by sadie » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:29 am

Cornells mother in law is doing twitter so much. Reporting like tmz. Sounds like C Love back in the day. Some things should not be said, and some things should be kept private. I wonder what kind of medication she has..
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:04 am

sadie wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:29 am
Cornells mother in law is doing twitter so much. Reporting like tmz. Sounds like C Love back in the day. Some things should not be said, and some things should be kept private. I wonder what kind of medication she has..
She's using twitter like it was Facebook honestly. The way she tweets is exactly like Facebook posts and it does bother me a bit.

Speaking of this, Eddie Vedder spoke about Chris during his show. Here's the transcript:

Sometimes it’s hard to concentrate these days. I was thinking about the history of this building and the Bowie history. So I started to think about that and my mind began to wander. It’s not a good…

So I haven’t really been talking about some things and I kind of… now it feels like it’s conspicuous because I lost a really close friend of mine, somebody who…
I’ll say this too, I grew up as four boys, four brothers, and I lost my brother two years ago tragically like that in an accident. After that and losing a few other people, I’m not good at it, meaning I’m not…I have not been willing to accept the reality and that’s just how I’m dealing with it.

So I want to be there for the family, be there for the community, be there for my brothers in my band, certainly the brothers in his band. But these things will take time, but my friend is going to be gone forever and I will just have to…

These things take time and I just want to send this out to everyone who was affected by it, and they all back home and here appreciate it so deeply, the support and the good thoughts of a man who was a … he wasn’t just a friend, he was someone I looked up to like my older brother.

About two days after the news, I think it was the second night, we were sleeping in this little cabin near the water, a place he would’ve loved. And all these memories started coming in about 1:30AM, like woke me up. Like big memories, memories I would think about all the time. Like the memories were big muscles.

And then I couldn’t stop the memories. And trying to sleep, it was like if the neighbors had the music playing and you couldn’t stop it. But then it was fine, because then it got into little memories. It just kept going and going and going. And I realized how lucky I was to have hours worth of…you know, if each of these memories was quick, and I had hours of them. How fortunate was I? And I didn’t want to be sad, I wanted to be grateful, not sad. I’m still thinking about those memories, and I will live with those memories in my heart and I will love him forever.
otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote:
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

avawood
Grunge fan

Post by avawood » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:20 pm

I saw what Chris' mother in law was saying on twitter too. I guess she is distraught, but thats no way to go about it in my opinion. I'm sure Eddie has his reasons for not attending the funeral and not releasing an official public statement about it immediately...Sadie I second that, she's probably on some medication..

FeedMyEyes
Grunge prophet

Post by FeedMyEyes » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:03 am

Hi, it's me again. I don't want to speculate about Chris's death I just want to express some more of my feelings towards his passing.
When I was a young boy all I wanted to be was a football (soccer) player because of the Brazilian Ronaldo. He was my hero and all I wanted to do was be like him, but when I was perhaps 10 or 11 I had a feeling it wouldn't happen and I gave up. Then a few years later a friend of mine sent me a song by a band called Audioslave , at that point the song didn't really pull me in but there was something about the singers voice that did. I googled the band and found the singer had been in a previous band called Soundgarden and decided to check them out. I read that this Mr. Cornell had a four octave range as demonstrated in Jesus Christ Pose and decided to buy A sides to hear an overview of their sound. As soon as I heard it, I felt like I had been let into a secret club of which the only member was me and I had a new hero. I asked all of my friends about this new (older than me) band, and none of them had heard of it. I played their songs to them and none of them seemed to get it. But I knew.
When I heard that Chris had passed I honestly didn't know how to respond and still don't. He was everything I wanted to be in a musician: Creative, mesmerising, inimitable. His music has been the backdrop of my life. My happiest and darkest moments have all been accompanied by him. And one of the darkest yet is his passing. I take comfort in that he can still accompany me, but still can't believe that that voice won't be singing again .
After I heard the news that he had passed I didn't go back to his Soundgarden work, but to Euphoria Morning. Today I was listening to Disappearing One and got goosebumps from my head to my feet. I hear this song and just want to find a microphone and an audience and sing like my hero, even though I know that I can't. The saddest part is that nobody else can either.
Goodbye Chris.
How can I begin anything new with all of yesterday in me?

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:42 pm

Here it is, the last music video with Chris alive. At the end I had tears in my eyes.

otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote:

sadie

Post by sadie » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:25 am

I know Alternativenation is a trash site, but holy shit that mother in law is fucking crazy. She hasn't said a one nice word about anyone in Chris' life. Not one. And after the funeral SG boys went to lunch with Susan (Silver) and she went off then too. And with Eddie. She should be silenced. I have no idea why Alternativenation keeps giving her the spotlight.

https://www.alternativenation.net/chris ... f-promote/
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:56 am

Because they get clicks. Hell I saw their facebook condemning people saying Chris was murdered, and immediately people called them out about the constant trash reporting. I am sick of seeing so much crap from his mother-in-law. Personally she needs to shut her mouth. YOU weren't the only one that cares and HOW dare you insult the people that cared/loved him. YOU'RE doing all this to get attention and Alternative Nation is feeding it to you.

I think I am going to message them about this. It's a damn insult to journalism, as someone going into journalism.
otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote:

sadie

Post by sadie » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:55 pm

They get dozens of comments about that every day (have been for a while now, cause people are pissed), but they just said that they need the clicks. And that made it sound like they're not going to stop anytime soon.

That woman is trash. //edit. She has deleted her Twitter. At least it seems like it. Anyway, wonderful if true.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:45 am

I think she still has Instagram, so not totally out of the woods yet. Maybe someone in the family reached out and said quit it.
otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote:

avawood
Grunge fan

Post by avawood » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:28 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1kvlt0WTbE was watching this earlier. its nice to see things like this that give you a little insight into the whole Seattle life and crew before Andy passed. I love seeing Chris in the backstage videos. They all seem in their element. This is how I am trying to remember both Chris and Andy.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:38 am

Now they are releasing some of the crime scene photos. I don't know how I feel about it all.
otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote:

sadie

Post by sadie » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:39 am

Doesn't surprise me. I thought the same when I saw the headline, but then again, Kurts photos were released also (and I bet there's lots more celebrities I don't know or care about), so why not Chris' also? It's just how the world is. That being said, I don't want to see them. And once again, I'm disappointed in Alternativenation. I can understand that trash like Tmz would post them, but Alternativenation too? ugh.