Chris Cornell Died

The Knights of the Soundtable ride again! Talk about Soundgarden, their side projects as well as Chris Cornell stuff here.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Chris Cornell Died

Post by KristinNirvana » Wed May 17, 2017 11:57 pm

I'm really hoping this is a joke but I'm worried it's not so I knew I needed to come here right away and tell you guys.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/news/c ... d-aged-52/
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support

j-bug
Site Admin

Re: Chris Cornell Died

Post by j-bug » Thu May 18, 2017 12:29 am

Did not see that coming.
:twisted:

sadie

Post by sadie » Thu May 18, 2017 12:59 am

I just woke up, and nearly first thing I see is this. I feel like I've been slapped. I mean wtf?! :cry:
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

redpyramid462
Grunge fan

Post by redpyramid462 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:24 am

I am reeling right now...I just can't comprehend that this has happened. Dude was just doing a show and was going to be doing a lot more.

I don't think I'm going to be able to go to sleep for a while.

Chris was definitely a reason I decided to take up singing after only playing guitar for so many years...guy is just a damned machine.

This marks 3 of the big 4 gone. I hope to hell that Eddie is being watched like a freakin buzzard.

Say hello 2 Heaven, Chris...you're with Andy now, rockin like old times.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/NmxaFf-lpZY[/youtube]

*edit* Youtube embed doesn't seem to be working.. :\

Daffy
Grunge God

Post by Daffy » Thu May 18, 2017 1:44 am

this is so sad...im gonna raise my glass for Cornell later on, this is just sad!
NEW SINGLE FROM TRIPOD!! SAFE PLACE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMD2YBJ ... e=youtu.be

FeedMyEyes
Grunge prophet

Post by FeedMyEyes » Thu May 18, 2017 1:49 am

Such a horrible, empty feeling now. I just loaded up my usual news website, started scrolling down and stopped when I saw the name Cornell. At first I assumed it was a new album or interview then I saw the word "Died" in the title. I just want to go home, open a beer and cry myself through Down on the Upside.

It's hard to explain how much his music has given to me over the years. Some really good memories and friendships have been made along to his music, and I've gotten through a lot of bad places too because of it. I saw him live on his songbook tour and his kindness and immense talent were there for everybody to see and that show still remains my favourite musical experience. I never thought it would be the last time I'd be able to hear that voice in person.

52 is no age at all to die.
Rest in peace Chris.
How can I begin anything new with all of yesterday in me?

redpyramid462
Grunge fan

Post by redpyramid462 » Thu May 18, 2017 2:07 am

^^ Aye, I hear ya on that guys.

I feel like getting completely boozed, in tribute to one of the music's greatest contributors.

sadie

Post by sadie » Thu May 18, 2017 2:14 am

There are suicide rumors and I'm so fucking mad for people for spreading them, there is NO WAY he killed himself.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/rock ... in-detroit
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

Checks
Grunge God

Post by Checks » Thu May 18, 2017 2:20 am

Literally the first thing i read today. Pretty sad stuff, really hope it wasnt drugs..
evee103 wrote:Welcome to the United States of Fuckery, where shit is fucked.

sadie

Post by sadie » Thu May 18, 2017 2:23 am

He had things going on, he was promoting Promise and was on tour and what I've read on twitter, he loved his family so much.

I can't stop thinking about his family, band, Eddie.. Their world just fell apart.

sadie

Post by sadie » Thu May 18, 2017 2:25 am

Also, many people didn't realize how beautiful his voice is. Sorry for spamming, but oh my god.

Sorlag
Grunge God

Post by Sorlag » Thu May 18, 2017 3:26 am

Seems weird to me that most sites cite AP and no statement has been made on any of his pages including Soundgarden? Although I guess they would be quick to say it was a hoax if it were so :( :( :(
when the whole thing comes crashing down, don't ask me why, don't ask me why

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 » Thu May 18, 2017 3:27 am

No no no, I cannot take losing more people this year. My mom is guns be devastated, he's her favorite. :cry:
The Jeevies. It's a feeling you get.
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana » Thu May 18, 2017 3:28 am

The freaking Rolling Stones are still around but our grunge guys are dropping like flies. It hits a bit more close to home now since I live here and the scene is still close-knit. I'll have to see of there is any sort of local vigil.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support

sadie

Post by sadie » Thu May 18, 2017 3:45 am

Sorlag wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 3:26 am
Seems weird to me that most sites cite AP and no statement has been made on any of his pages including Soundgarden? Although I guess they would be quick to say it was a hoax if it were so :( :( :(

Brian Bumbery, Cornell's representative, told The Associated Press that his death was “sudden and unexpected."
//edit. I'm starting to think that what if it really was a suicide? Both Soundgarden and Pearl Jam are awfully quiet and that makes me feel like it could have been. Idk, just speculation. But still, it's quite weird that both bands are silent.