Soundgarden's 'Superunknown' 20th anniversary reissue

The Knights of the Soundtable ride again! Talk about Soundgarden, their side projects as well as Chris Cornell stuff here.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Elektra Foxx
Grunge maniac

Soundgarden's 'Superunknown' 20th anniversary reissue

Post by Elektra Foxx »

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... e-20140224
Soundgarden Plan 5-Disc 'Superunknown' 20th Anniversary Reissue

Seattle band will release collection of demos, rehearsal recordings and unreleased tracks

Soundgarden will be diving back into the Superunknown this spring with multi-disc, rarities-packed special editions of their 1994 album. In celebration of the record's 20th anniversary, the band have planned two deluxe reissues and a vinyl edition of the LP, which debuted at Number One when it was originally released, for a June 3rd release. Each disc will contain demos and recordings from rehearsals, many of which have never been released.

The two-CD Deluxe Edition contains a remastered version of the album alongside a second disc of 16 demos, rehearsals and B-sides; 10 of the tracks have never previously been released. The Super Deluxe Edition expands the album to a five-disc release with even more rarities, discs dedicated to B-sides, demos and rehearsals and a version of the album mixed in Blu-ray Audio 5.1 Surround Sound. That edition also comes with a hardbound book with liner notes by Rolling Stone's David Fricke, never-before-seen photos by Kevin Westerberg and "reimagined" album art by artist Josh Graham. The band is also putting out a double-LP edition of the album on 200-gram vinyl.

Soundgarden have also planned a special vinyl release – Superunknown: The Singles – for Record Store Day on April 19th. It contains five 10-inch records with all of the B-sides from the original single releases for "Spoonman," "The Day I Tried to Live," "Black Hole Sun," "My Wave" and "Fell on Black Days." Each will include reimagined art and all of the attendant B-sides that appeared on the original single releases.
tracheae
Grunge master

Re: Soundgarden's 'Superunknown' 20th anniversary reissue

Post by tracheae »

It also looks nice :)

I wish they'd released something similar for BMF
incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace »

"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote:And who made you president of grunge town?
FeedMyEyes
Grunge prophet

Post by FeedMyEyes »

Want.
How can I begin anything new with all of yesterday in me?
Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker »

fuck Im old.