Chris Cornell Died

The Knights of the Soundtable ride again! Talk about Soundgarden, their side projects as well as Chris Cornell stuff here.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

Y2K-kyle

Re: Chris Cornell Died

Post by Y2K-kyle » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:38 pm

I've about given up on them. They are milking Chris' name HARD. Now, to be fair there are other sites that may have that headline. Doesn't change a thing though.
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
incessantmace wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 am
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:26 pm

Y2K-kyle wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:38 am
Now they are releasing some of the crime scene photos. I don't know how I feel about it all.
I think it's pretty inconsiderate for his wife and children, I mean why does the whole world need to see?
The Jeevies. It's a feeling you get.
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:07 am

evee103 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:26 pm
Y2K-kyle wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:38 am
Now they are releasing some of the crime scene photos. I don't know how I feel about it all.
I think it's pretty inconsiderate for his wife and children, I mean why does the whole world need to see?
I saw a comment from Alternative Nation that said out of respect "they won't show photos of the body." Hogwash, out of respect you should of NOT shown any photos, period.
otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote:
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

avawood
Grunge fan

Post by avawood » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:41 pm

Just saw the news about Chester Bennington. I feel sick. Hanging himself on Chris' birthday. So sad, and scary.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:57 pm

I did see from comments on reddit that there's a thing called "suicide clusters" where after one person commits suicide, others follow. Really a creepy thing to think about.
otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote:

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:48 pm

Somebody better arrange a 24/7 bodyguard for Eddie. Seriously.
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
P A I V wrote: fuck off i talk new york

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:46 am

Somebody should have a buddy with him 24/7. Man's been having it rough still.
otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote:

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:08 pm

He needs a new grunge buddy. He should hang out with Jerry Cantrell or someone...
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:27 am

He's probably talking the rest of Pearl Jam, especially Matt Cameron. Their more likely each other's support system.
otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote:

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:53 am

Yup that sounds very likely.
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)

Jack_Armstrong
Grunge maniac

Post by Jack_Armstrong » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:47 pm

It was a while ago, but still very sad indeed :cry: I loved Chris Cornell, whether he was with Soundgarden or performing solo, I think it can be unanimously agreed that he was a man of exceptional talent. There will never be another Chris Cornell

RIP Chris, I love you. You will be very sadly missed

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:59 am

I realized I never posted properly on this thread, and now I'm trying to wrap my head around the madness that lies in the fact that it soon will be a year since he died. I'm still going through one of the hardest times of my life and I realize that every time I approach the subject of Chris's death I know it's pushing me toward the brink because I still just can't. I just can't.

Only now did I read your posts that mention my love for Down on the Upside and it's just killing me right now. I really have to be tough these days and try to patch up every chink in my armor as soon as it appears because if I don't I might just break down. Maybe that's the reason I don't consciously listen to stuff that will remind me of his death, even though I rationally know that he's gone and won't come back, just like many things I had taken for granted until a while ago.

I listen to vaporwave and chillwave most of the time now which is as far away from grunge as possible. On the other hand, I've found a new love for the heaviest SG shit like Jesus Christ Pose and Birth Ritual because they just annihilate everything. But I have the hardest time listening to Zero Chance or Bones of Birds or Like Suicide (not even because of the title) because hearing Chris at his most vulnerable just is too much for me, still.

So thank you all for this thread, I love you guys immensely and will forever be grateful for all the times - yes, also the times of trouble - we had together. I'll stick around.

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:01 pm

This was the song I listened to when I allowed myself to accept the fact that my greatest musical hero had died. I listened to it on the bus home three times in a row and by the third time I finally gave in and cried like a baby.

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:34 pm

incessantmace wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:59 am
I realized I never posted properly on this thread, and now I'm trying to wrap my head around the madness that lies in the fact that it soon will be a year since he died. I'm still going through one of the hardest times of my life and I realize that every time I approach the subject of Chris's death I know it's pushing me toward the brink because I still just can't. I just can't.

Only now did I read your posts that mention my love for Down on the Upside and it's just killing me right now. I really have to be tough these days and try to patch up every chink in my armor as soon as it appears because if I don't I might just break down. Maybe that's the reason I don't consciously listen to stuff that will remind me of his death, even though I rationally know that he's gone and won't come back, just like many things I had taken for granted until a while ago.

I listen to vaporwave and chillwave most of the time now which is as far away from grunge as possible. On the other hand, I've found a new love for the heaviest SG shit like Jesus Christ Pose and Birth Ritual because they just annihilate everything. But I have the hardest time listening to Zero Chance or Bones of Birds or Like Suicide (not even because of the title) because hearing Chris at his most vulnerable just is too much for me, still.

So thank you all for this thread, I love you guys immensely and will forever be grateful for all the times - yes, also the times of trouble - we had together. I'll stick around.
I had to deal with death ALOT last year, and if I've learned anything at all, I've learned that you have to take that sadness and somehow, someway turn it into inspiration. And it ain't easy by any means, it takes time. But my goodness-let this talented, beautiful man inspire you to be the best you that there is. Because why not take energy and turn it into something positive? And I'm not saying do this over night. Take as much time as you need, grieve, have your space. But you know, eventually.
The Jeevies. It's a feeling you get.
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum