Chris Cornell Died

The Knights of the Soundtable ride again! Talk about Soundgarden, their side projects as well as Chris Cornell stuff here.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug

Y2K-kyle

Re: Chris Cornell Died

Post by Y2K-kyle » Thu May 18, 2017 3:43 pm

On point Kristin. That's how I have been trying to look and understand it. But like Nel said, the human side just hurts and wants to know why. This may sound disturbing, but I rather learn he was intentional than accidental auto-erotic asphyxiation. That would be embarrassing for so many and they don't need that.
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
incessantmace wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 am
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

Grunge_Chick
Grunge God

Post by Grunge_Chick » Thu May 18, 2017 4:12 pm

Very sad and hard to believe. When I first heard I saw stories that said the performance last night was amazing with no signs of issues but then I just read that he seemed distracted, agitated, and didn't stay on cue. Who knows what to believe? I think most of us are trying to understand what happened. Was he depressed? Was he struggling with addiction? It's all speculation at this point and while it has been ruled suicide I don't think I will believe it until a full report comes out. Things don't make sense but I guess with mental illness they never do.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Thu May 18, 2017 5:25 pm

That is the overall theme in all of this.
otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote:
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

sadie

Post by sadie » Fri May 19, 2017 12:56 am

I think it was intentional. I wasn't at first (cause everything was fine, and he sounded amazing and everything was on point before, right? Nothing unusual, zero signs), but then the stories from the last gig came, I watched few videos, and he did seem little slow, and didn't sound like he did when I saw him live. And his voice, well, it sounded like he had a cold. Also, he kind of seemed drunk? Not much, but a little bit. Maybe he relapsed? Who knows. Anyway. So everything wasn't 1000000% fine obviously. We on the outside just didn't know it. As it many times is in celebrity suicides.

Also, nothing embarrassing about accidental auto-erotic asphyxiation. Zero. Also, it's not likely that it was, but if it was, he wouldn't be the first. Michael Hutchence for example. It is at least a reason. Suicide is such a broad thing it doesn't even mean anything, and gives zero answers.

Anyway, here's a girl who's been on many Soundgarden gigs.
http://www.freep.com/story/entertainmen ... 330051001/
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Fri May 19, 2017 7:14 am

There's been a slight update from Chris Cornell's family, from Loudwire:

Chris Cornell's Widow Says Ativan May Have Contributed to Death

The widow of Chris Cornell, Vicky, has issued a new statement on the death of her husband. In this new press release, Vicky and the Cornell family’s attorney believe the prescription drug Ativan could have contributed to Chris Cornell’s death.

Chris Cornell died on May 17 shortly after a performance in Detroit. The Wayne County Medical Examiner’s Office has ruled Cornell’s death as “suicide by hanging,” but Vicky believes the ruling could be premature, as toxicology tests on Cornell’s body have not yet been completed.

“Without the results of toxicology tests, we do not know what was going on with Chris — or if any substances contributed to his demise,” Cornell family attorney Kirk Pasich argued in his own statement Friday. “Chris, a recovering addict, had a prescription for Ativan and may have taken more Ativan than recommended dosages. The family believes that if Chris took his life, he did not know what he was doing, and that drugs or other substances may have affected his actions.”
Ativan is used to treat seizure disorders, but can also be used in regular doses to relieve anxiety. Potential side effects of the drug include paranoid or suicidal ideation and can impair memory, judgement and coordination.

“Chris’ death is a loss that escapes words and has created an emptiness in my heart that will never be filled,” Vicky adds. “As everyone who knew him commented, Chris was a devoted father and husband. He was my best friend. His world revolved around his family first and, of course, his music, second. He flew home for Mother’s Day to spend time with our family. He flew out mid-day Wednesday, the day of the show, after spending time with the children. When we spoke before the show, we discussed plans for a vacation over Memorial Day and other things we wanted to do. When we spoke after the show, I noticed he was slurring his words; he was different. When he told me he may have taken an extra Ativan or two, I contacted security and asked that they check on him. What happened is inexplicable and I am hopeful that further medical reports will provide additional details. I know that he loved our children and he would not hurt them by intentionally taking his own life.”

Cornell left behind three children aged 16, 12 and 11. The rock world has been paying tribute to Chris Cornell ever since the news of his death was made public. Stay tuned to Loudwire for further updates on the passing of Soundgarden’s iconic frontman.

If true, this will give much clarity to why and maybe some peace among some of the fans.
otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote:

sadie

Post by sadie » Fri May 19, 2017 7:34 am

I'm not sure if that makes it even worse in some ways.

Such a sad thing, no matter how things went and why :cry:
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Fri May 19, 2017 10:13 am

Either way, this whole thing is eye opening to everyone. The fact that it happened during Mental Health Awareness Month is weird.
otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote:

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana » Fri May 19, 2017 1:18 pm

Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana » Fri May 19, 2017 1:58 pm

I'm hearing more and more stories of people who wanted to kill themselves after taking Ativan or how badly it can affect you...that's gotta be it.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud

Daffy
Grunge God

Post by Daffy » Fri May 19, 2017 2:58 pm

Shit, all that stuff on twitter and etc about putting a plastic bobble around Eddie Vedder....that must really fuck with his skull, if i were Eddie Vedder i would be fucking freaked out about it.
NEW SINGLE FROM TRIPOD!! SAFE PLACE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMD2YBJ ... e=youtu.be

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Fri May 19, 2017 3:13 pm

That was an interesting reaction about "protecting" Eddie Vedder. I think right now he needs comfort for losing a friend that, in one way or another, helped with his career. But yeah, he is the last one of the Big 4 of Grunge singers left.
otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote:

inzedit
Grunge maniac

Post by inzedit » Sat May 20, 2017 12:25 am

i read that at the end of the concert he said something like: "I'm sorry for the next city", friends and people interpretated these words like he was saying "oh what a fucking beautiful show we did tonight", not as what he really intended
he surely had already decided to leave this rotten world.

I'm sorry for his family, his children. fuck you chris for this
[i][b][color=#FF8000]I'd like to daze away to a place no one has known in a state of mind I could call mine, that only I could own. Where I could hum a tune anytime I choose and then there is no such thing as time[/color][/b][/i]
[img]http://carolstrange.zip.net/images/shannon_hoon.jpg[/img]

sadie

Post by sadie » Sat May 20, 2017 1:19 am

The "I'm sorry for the next city" comment was a joke (and it was waaay longer than that sentence), and it referred to how good the Detroid audience were. He seemed to love Detroid. Also, in that joke/story he gave the impression that he totally intended to perform at the next town. Aand it was in the beginning of the gig? Also, trying to find meaning from the Led Zeppelin song at the end is apparently useless, cause they've been ending their sets to that combo on this tours for many times.

Corey Taylor and Stone Sours tributes Rock On The Rage have been so good. That man has a voice!

sadie

Post by sadie » Sat May 20, 2017 9:12 am

Matt Cameron and Mike McCready comments.

http://www.alternativenation.net/soundg ... ell-death/

Curmudgeon
Site Admin

Post by Curmudgeon » Mon May 22, 2017 3:59 am

I have not been handling this well. Last night was my first day back at work since it happened. One of my co-workers was playing Audioslave when I walked by and I was all waterworks. It's even worse than when Staley died, because this was so unexpected. With Layne, people had been waiting for that bad news for years... Anyway. I'm sure it will eventually get easier. There's 30+ years of amazing music. And I have great friends and a great community here for support.
Image Image