Flop

Flop of the Pops! Whenever you're ready, it's time to talk about Seattle's greatest pop musicians. Also, feel free to discuss related bands like Pure Joy, Llama and Rusty Willoughby's solo material.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Re: Flop

Post by Pennyroyaltea » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:49 pm

you should go to requests
shanze wrote:And you will. You will.

Then you put your spell on him and Jerry shall be yours.

FOREVER!

SunnyJim

Post by SunnyJim » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:37 pm

id like to mention that Parts I & II is a damn good song! :)
Holding back the fool again.

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:26 pm

My favorites are Julie Francavilla, Regrets, A. Mylie, Act 1 Scene 1, North Mason Middle School.

Damnit, too many great songs to choose from!!!!!!!!!! 8D

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:08 am

I have to say I only own two Flop albums (Whenever You're Ready and World of Today) but Eggs and Ash must be one of the sweetest and strangest things I've ever heard.

Good to see the band got its own section. Cheers! :D
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
P A I V wrote: fuck off i talk new york

sadie

Post by sadie » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:07 am

I have 3 Flop albums if someone wants them : & The Fall Of The Mopsqueezer!, Whenever You're Ready and World Of Today.
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:19 am

I have......

3 cds and about 4 or 5 vinyl. Not counting the Pure Joy stuff, than it'll be more :D

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:28 am

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Flop says there are three LPs plus some 7" and stuff. Haven't seen any of those for sale though :o
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
P A I V wrote: fuck off i talk new york

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:30 am

There are more than those 3. I only have the same ones you mentioned, but there is also "The Great Valediction EP", and "Regrets" CD Single and a few other promos I've seen floating about. They also a bunch of vinyl releases, I think only one has songs that weren't featured on either CD called "The Losing End" 7"

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:41 am

:lol:

Yeah, those are the only 3 full length albums. I don't have "The Great Valediction EP" so i have no idea what it has on it. But i'm always on the look out :D

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:00 am

I'm a little bit nerdy when it comes to buying records. If it's a single, i'm 100% downt o buy it, and in the next day or two, I might find another CD single with a different cover, same songs and I will still buy it! I might have an addiction, but at least its a cheap addiction :lol:

I only seens Pearl Jam and Nirvana singles the most around here on CD, a lot of different stuff on vinyl. Although, I do prefer full lengths, but some bands didn't release that many, so I have to quench my thirst in another way :P

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:34 pm

dude dude dude I LOVE this song

yeah they have a VEVO. I like their grungier stuff too, but that's like one of the greatest pop songs ever!
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:36 pm

My allllll-time favorite track...."Julie Francavilla" that's a straight up ctachy song.

KristinNirvana
Site Admin

Post by KristinNirvana » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:40 pm

SayHello2Heaven wrote:My allllll-time favorite track...."Julie Francavilla" that's a straight up ctachy song.
Yeah that one is awesome! I think A. Wylie was another grungy one I love and the other song on their youtubevevo, other than that I should really check out more.
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:24 pm

Yeah they're entire catalogue has pop classics scattered around. Mix the hooks, with Rusty's lyrics, and it amazes me how they didn't get much more attention outside of Seattle. I think they had all the tools to be a band that would be remembered. If you like Flop's poppy stuff, check out Pure Joy, even more pop classics from Rusty!

KristinNirvana
Site Admin

Post by KristinNirvana » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:35 pm

Oh yeah I think I liked Pure Joy. I should really go back and check out the bands I've discovered, but man there are SO many of them! It is cool to see people that love to dig through the whole scene like me though.
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud