New Solo Record

Flop of the Pops! Whenever you're ready, it's time to talk about Seattle's greatest pop musicians. Also, feel free to discuss related bands like Pure Joy, Llama and Rusty Willoughby's solo material.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

SayHello2Heaven

New Solo Record

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:27 pm

Slightly disappointed in the lack of Rusty Willoughby talk, this is just blasphemous. My ALL-TIME favorite singer/song writer and no one to talk about his genius with

tisk tisk Grungeforum....

Anyway, I posted about his 2 Llama recordings and his Cobrids album but he has a new solo album out. Well, it's been out since March, I just managed to find it now though laying around the record store for $5, and couldn't turn it down.

After gaining some localy popularity once again after the Cobrids album Rusty has retreated back to his solo work. for those of you who remember him for his days in Flop and Pure Joy, he isn't the same guy playing pop punk classics that we all know and love. He has toned it down a little bit, playing a little bit more low key tracks, sometimes acoustic, but he still has witty, borderline genius songwriting skills that made me fall in love with his work early on.

His new album is called "Adult Soft Record" and is full of memorable tracks with Rusty's stamp of approval. The album was recorded in a basement recording studio, and from what I have heard most of the songs were written (or recorded???) in a drunken stooper. Take that with a grain of salt, since I have no idea of how truthful that is.

Check out his new album, his Llama records and seek the Cobirds album out! All must haves!

evee103
Site Admin

Re: New Solo Record

Post by evee103 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:01 pm

Holy hell, was not expecting that. Definitely a lot different from flop/pure joy stuff, but man that was beautiful. The music was perfect with the video. I'm not even sure if I particularly like the style of music yet, but it was still somehow captivating. Seems like really good go-to-sleep music.
The Jeevies. It's a feeling you get.
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum