According to Wikipedia...

Flop of the Pops! Whenever you're ready, it's time to talk about Seattle's greatest pop musicians. Also, feel free to discuss related bands like Pure Joy, Llama and Rusty Willoughby's solo material.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug

boxcar
Site Admin

According to Wikipedia...

Post by boxcar » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:14 am

The band has a song about Kurt Cobain. Does anyone know which song they are referring to?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flop_%28band%29

SayHello2Heaven

Re: According to Wikipedia...

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:26 am

hmmm. Very intresting. I wonder what song it is, because I don't hear a reference to Kurt in any of their songs on "World Of Today". It could be very subtle and I don't notice it. If I had to put an educated guess i'd say it might be "Idle Hands", just by the way the lyrics sound to me. But I never knew Flop or Rusty would write a song for Kurt, intresting.

XsInMyEyes
Grunge fanatic

Re: According to Wikipedia...

Post by XsInMyEyes » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:03 pm

Kicking this thread for the first time in nine years, I feel this has to be clarified, because I wondered about this for ages too.
Wikipedia does make a (totally unverified) claim that one of the songs on World Of Today deals with the death of Kurt Cobain. I generally have this down as "April Ate Our World". Firstly because Cobain died in April, and the lyric "embodied in poetic words" I took to be a reference to Cobain as a songwriter. That's mostly it, obviously I could be totally wrong, but that's my interpretation.
Wiloughby is a noted fan of Cobain.
I miss the comfort in being sad.