Was it the name?

Flop of the Pops! Whenever you're ready, it's time to talk about Seattle's greatest pop musicians. Also, feel free to discuss related bands like Pure Joy, Llama and Rusty Willoughby's solo material.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

boxcar
Site Admin

Was it the name?

Post by boxcar »

These guys seem pretty good from what I've heard. It makes you wonder if their name was some kind of self fulfilling prophecy?

SayHello2Heaven

Re: Was it the name?

Post by SayHello2Heaven »

Never thought of it like that. I did always wonder where they got the name from, than again, I wonder where any band gets their name. But that's an intresting point, it's like they kinda already knew they weren't going to break out and do anything huge. Maybe they saw the Sub Pop global domination tactic, and the heavier sounding bands that they could've thought that no matter what they did they were destined to...Flop :lol:

Never thought of it like it!

XsInMyEyes
Grunge guru

Post by XsInMyEyes »

Cant decide whether the name was ill-advised ... or a perfect summary of their commercial performance.
At any rate, I think its a good band name ... which was complimentary to their style and sound
It's hard to start things over, You can feel the fire around us, All the time.

XsInMyEyes
Grunge guru

Post by XsInMyEyes »

Cant decide whether the name was ill-advised ... or a perfect summary of their commercial performance.
At any rate, I think its a good band name ... which was complimentary to their style and sound
It's hard to start things over, You can feel the fire around us, All the time.