Favorite Hole album and Why

Hole lotta Love! Discuss all things Courtney related here.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

DollParts
Grunge guru

Re: Favorite Hole album and Why

Post by DollParts » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:39 pm

Live through this. It's really nice, soft and rocky, sensetive, really everything. I like Celebrity skin too because I like boys on the radio and heaven tonight but sometimes it sounds all the same

sodajerk93
Grunge guru

Post by sodajerk93 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:14 pm

DollParts wrote:Live through this. It's really nice, soft and rocky, sensetive, really everything. I like Celebrity skin too because I like boys on the radio and heaven tonight but sometimes it sounds all the same
I never liked Boys on the Radio til recently. I'm glad I gave it a chance, the chorus is really cool.
I took a journey to the pyramids, there was nothing there but sand, and the ghost of a child who had never been born. In a thousand years, no one planted trees there, so all that grew from the sand was stone.

DollParts
Grunge guru

Post by DollParts » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:29 am

sodajerk93 wrote:
DollParts wrote:Live through this. It's really nice, soft and rocky, sensetive, really everything. I like Celebrity skin too because I like boys on the radio and heaven tonight but sometimes it sounds all the same
I never liked Boys on the Radio til recently. I'm glad I gave it a chance, the chorus is really cool.
I like Heaven Tonight better because boys on the radio is the same all the time but I like the lyrics with the feeling I get from it. But I have that too with Heaven Tonight.

sodajerk93
Grunge guru

Post by sodajerk93 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:03 pm

DollParts wrote:
sodajerk93 wrote:
I like Heaven Tonight better because boys on the radio is the same all the time but I like the lyrics with the feeling I get from it. But I have that too with Heaven Tonight.
What do you think Heaven Tonight is about anyway? It sounds so upbeat but then it talks about "going to Heaven tonight." It's joyous and creepy at the same time.
I took a journey to the pyramids, there was nothing there but sand, and the ghost of a child who had never been born. In a thousand years, no one planted trees there, so all that grew from the sand was stone.

DollParts
Grunge guru

Post by DollParts » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:12 am

sodajerk93 wrote: What do you think Heaven Tonight is about anyway? It sounds so upbeat but then it talks about "going to Heaven tonight." It's joyous and creepy at the same time.
I read it somewhere, but I don't know exactly what it's about, I have to find that, but I try to :D
Edit: I have found it, It's based on the idea of a young girl who's decided she's ready to lose hey virginity but dies before she has a change.
That what I have read and what I remember from it. But if you look at the lyrics it also could be about Frances and Courtney telling her as long as they have each other things will be in heaven.

I like the song and I don't care much about the subject, I always give songs my own meaning to it, because they always remind me of something.

sodajerk93
Grunge guru

Post by sodajerk93 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:02 am

DollParts wrote:
sodajerk93 wrote: What do you think Heaven Tonight is about anyway? It sounds so upbeat but then it talks about "going to Heaven tonight." It's joyous and creepy at the same time.
I read it somewhere, but I don't know exactly what it's about, I have to find that, but I try to :D
Edit: I have found it, It's based on the idea of a young girl who's decided she's ready to lose hey virginity but dies before she has a change.
That what I have read and what I remember from it. But if you look at the lyrics it also could be about Frances and Courtney telling her as long as they have each other things will be in heaven.

I like the song and I don't care much about the subject, I always give songs my own meaning to it, because they always remind me of something.
Yeah - I heard Courtney wrote it as a lullaby for Frances or something, but it had a deeper meaning to it.

yuanyelss
Grunge fan

Post by yuanyelss » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:31 pm

I can not choose a favorite. XD I love every album, the feelings of different voices in different calls. I also like how the voice of Hole polished from the rough dirty, there are many of them are different.
Attachments
undecided.gif
undecided.gif (1.38 KiB) Viewed 3417 times
[url=http://www.buymaplestory.com]Cheap Maplestory Mesos[/url],[url=http://www.fzf.com/Runescape.gold]Buy RS Gold[/url]
[url=http://www.zyy.com/]Buying WoW Gold[/url],[url=http://www.storeingame.com/]Buy World of Warcraft Gold[/url]

jannypan
Grunge fan

Post by jannypan » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:13 pm

I love it. It takes me back to happier and simpler times in my life
[url=http://www.fzf.com/Runescape.gold]Buy RS Gold[/url]
[url=http://www.buymaplestory.com]Buy Maplestory Mesos[/url]
[url=http://www.kcq.com/Runescape.gold]RS Gold[/url]

BIT17
Grunge guru

Post by BIT17 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:53 am

you really love Hole, don't you...
I don't like the American media - particularly Fox - Neil Young

Cassandra Gemini
Grunge fan

Post by Cassandra Gemini » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:27 pm

Live Trough This. Music is much better than on any other albums. It is more mature than Pretty On The Inside, and it is not so commercial as on Celebrity Skin. Lyrics are also much better, you can hear the progress from her early work. It is one of my favorite records of all the time.

Ares
Grunge fan

Post by Ares » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:13 am

Live through this cause kurt wrote it obv

Cassandra Gemini
Grunge fan

Post by Cassandra Gemini » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:09 pm

Ares wrote: cause kurt wrote it obv
:lol:

Garfed
Grunge fan

Post by Garfed » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:11 pm

B surface and they got 7 "unreleased songs heap, so it is. I really want to get the beautiful son Dakota is 20 years, single, Courtney for her MySpace it and its my favorite of the one....
Attachments
cool.gif
cool.gif (2.08 KiB) Viewed 3315 times
Summer is a season only belong to women, so some fashion Women pumps shoes are needed. This are pretty important in summer, I think the best shoes online shop can be CWMALLS, it's really good!

Alonzoto
Grunge fan

Post by Alonzoto » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:18 am

Great thread!!!
Nice post and nice sharing by all the community here..
i like this type of pictures collections....
Nice sharing...keep it up
[url=http://www.huntwood.com/showrooms/locations/calgary/]kitchen calgary[/url]

eleven44
Grunge fan

Post by eleven44 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:49 am

I love 'Live Through This'. It's well produced, but still has an aesthetic of rawness in touch and Courtney vocally owned on that record. I like all of the pre-Celebrity Skin albums and am in agreement with most that Celebrity Skin was trash.

Hole's actually one of my favorite alt rock acts. Just has a special thing about it.