Courtney flips because of a guy holding Kurt's picture

Hole lotta Love! Discuss all things Courtney related here.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

warbaby
Grunge fanatic
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:52 am

Re: Courtney flips because of a guy holding Kurt's picture

Post by warbaby »

SayHello2Heaven wrote:I remember when I was a hipster who only went to small club shows and refused to pay more than $20 to see a band......

In all honesty, seeing bands int hat stype of setting is a really cool experience, no questions about it. some of my greatest show experiences came from small clubs and small rock venues; I've talked with more band membes than I care to remember, gotten more autographs that I would've like too, and seen some pretty gnarly bands......BUT! If you're not willing to see a band in a bigger venue (stadiums or whatever) than you're missing out.

I was like y'all, just wanted to go to these indie venues and have that underground "cred" of seeing bands that no one knew about but you, and that no one liked but you. It's not the bands fault for getting a lot of attention, resorting to selling out stadiums, it's because they're making some pretty great music, if you like them, willing to spend $10 or whatever on their CD, a couple bucks for a shirt or two, why not splurge a little bit and see them in a big setting? And if you say you don't have money....Get a job.....I'm a college student, paying for tuition, food, my car and a million other things on my own and still have the money to see a show or two.

When I was high school Indie venues were pretty remarkable, looking back I have fond memories, but in all honesty, you can't just go to those shows. I think you need the full musical experience and not just one part of it.....Because 9 times out of ten, the indie bands you see in those small venues suck.....Trust me, I spent a lot of money seeing a lotttttt of bands that blow the big one, and once in a while you'll get a diamond in the rought.
Exactly! totally agree with this. Saw Soundgarden and Queens of the Stone Age here in Vancouver at GM place a few months ago and it was worth every penny, and we were NOT sitting close at all.

GrungeAddiction
Grunge prophet
Posts: 1761
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Courtney flips because of a guy holding Kurt's picture

Post by GrungeAddiction »

wtf, that's dumb. it'd be different if the guy was holding a picture of Kurt in a negative way,
but if it was JUST a picture of Kurt i don't see the problem... Sure she has all the fucking freedom to say what she wants, but that dude had all the freedom to have that picture.
:|

psychoxeen
Grunge fan
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:31 pm

Re: Courtney flips because of a guy holding Kurt's picture

Post by psychoxeen »

She has serious issues and is a lot of things I hate in a person.

She has a lot of money, she really just wants attention.

Anybody else realize that she has no knockers.... or is it just me?
[img]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h141/JayNikelz/soundgarden.jpg[/img]

otherimprov
Site Admin
Posts: 6457
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:55 am
Location: Fate Decided Otherwise

Re: Courtney flips because of a guy holding Kurt's picture

Post by otherimprov »

she didnt have good orgasm from long-long time ago which is the only reason of whatever she does.
Eat your water and drink your vegetables

garbadgeman94
Grunge fan
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:24 pm
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina

Re: Courtney flips because of a guy holding Kurt's picture

Post by garbadgeman94 »

I love her music however some of her actions overpower her talent. In the 90's, she was constantly criticized and most people don't recognize her as a musician but really a trainwreck celebrity. She needs to learn to keep her opinions towards other musicians, including Dave and the Foo Fighters to herself. But I have to agree with her about the Kurt photo thing. What was the point of showing that picture at a HOLE show, this wasn't Nirvana, this was Hole! Yes, Courtney was married to Kurt, but just because she was married to him doesn't mean she wants to see his picture at her show. As she said in the video, she's constantly reminded of him, and has been for years since his passing. And I'm sure everytime she sees Frances, she immediately thinks of Kurt (I mean have you seen Frances, she's like a female Kurt!). But as far as the whole "Foo Fighters are gay" thing, I'm sure Kurt would've frowned on that if he was still around. He hated when people were homophobic and said the term "gay" as an alternative to "stupid" or "idiotic". Kurt hated homophobia bar none! Yea, she protected Kurt's honor but also insulted it 5 minutes later. I still love Hole, I like Courtney for various reasons. But as a said before, she needs to keep her opinions and beliefs where they belong... to herself. She's pissed off a lot of people doing this crap in the past!

Beyond Jaded
Grunge maniac
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:34 pm

Re: Courtney flips because of a guy holding Kurt's picture

Post by Beyond Jaded »

Attention whoring cunt.

evee103
Site Admin
Posts: 8928
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:57 am

Re: Courtney flips because of a guy holding Kurt's picture

Post by evee103 »

You would -_- Why is it every time you come back here you've gotta make some nasty/derogatory comment?
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

sadie
Moderator
Posts: 8495
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:31 am
Contact:

Re: Courtney flips because of a guy holding Kurt's picture

Post by sadie »

Immature people are immature.

♬♫♪ Let it be, Let it be..Baby let it be.. ♬♫♪ :lol:
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

Beyond Jaded
Grunge maniac
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:34 pm

Re: Courtney flips because of a guy holding Kurt's picture

Post by Beyond Jaded »

Oh. Shut the fuck up.

Expressing an opinion with an unsavory word every now and then doesn't make you immature.

I can't stand Courtney Love or her antics.

Checks
Grunge God
Posts: 6572
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:39 am
Location: Sheepworld

Re: Courtney flips because of a guy holding Kurt's picture

Post by Checks »

Beyond Jaded wrote:Oh. Shut the fuck up.

Expressing an opinion with an unsavory word every now and then doesn't make you immature.

I can't stand Courtney Love or her antics.

Oh fuck you! You fucking waste of fucking semen. FUCK YOU. Get the fuck out. This place was doing great without you.
Talk to sadie like that again.. and i will hunt you down. Cut off your balls. And feed them to you.

Get out.
evee103 wrote:Welcome to the United States of Fuckery, where shit is fucked.

j-bug
Site Admin
Posts: 22403
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:23 am
Contact:

Re: Courtney flips because of a guy holding Kurt's picture

Post by j-bug »

Beyond Jaded wrote:Oh. Shut the fuck up.

Expressing an opinion with an unsavory word every now and then doesn't make you immature.

I can't stand Courtney Love or her antics.
:evil:

o,YOU shut the fuck up.it is not acceptable to be that angry.if you want to express an opinion fie!but do not be surprised that other people ALSO have opinions ad as free as you are to express yours,others have the right to as well.welcome to the human race,bozo.

ow,if you wouldnt mind saying sorry for being such a oppressive little weasel,i am sure we can all just move on.
:twisted:

evee103
Site Admin
Posts: 8928
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:57 am

Re: Courtney flips because of a guy holding Kurt's picture

Post by evee103 »

Beyond Jaded wrote:Oh. Shut the fuck up.

Like I said.
evee103 wrote:You would -_- Why is it every time you come back here you've gotta make some nasty/derogatory comment?
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

evee103
Site Admin
Posts: 8928
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:57 am

Re: Courtney flips because of a guy holding Kurt's picture

Post by evee103 »

LOL I love you guys!!!!!
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

j-bug
Site Admin
Posts: 22403
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:23 am
Contact:

Re: Courtney flips because of a guy holding Kurt's picture

Post by j-bug »

:|

my n key is sticking... :evil:
:twisted:

sadie
Moderator
Posts: 8495
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:31 am
Contact:

Re: Courtney flips because of a guy holding Kurt's picture

Post by sadie »

I'll be home alone, I'm all yours :mrgreen:
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

Post Reply