Courtney flips because of a guy holding Kurt's picture

Hole lotta Love! Discuss all things Courtney related here.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

SayHello2Heaven

Re: Courtney flips because of a guy holding Kurt's picture

Post by SayHello2Heaven »

I remember when I was a hipster who only went to small club shows and refused to pay more than $20 to see a band......

In all honesty, seeing bands int hat stype of setting is a really cool experience, no questions about it. some of my greatest show experiences came from small clubs and small rock venues; I've talked with more band membes than I care to remember, gotten more autographs that I would've like too, and seen some pretty gnarly bands......BUT! If you're not willing to see a band in a bigger venue (stadiums or whatever) than you're missing out.

I was like y'all, just wanted to go to these indie venues and have that underground "cred" of seeing bands that no one knew about but you, and that no one liked but you. It's not the bands fault for getting a lot of attention, resorting to selling out stadiums, it's because they're making some pretty great music, if you like them, willing to spend $10 or whatever on their CD, a couple bucks for a shirt or two, why not splurge a little bit and see them in a big setting? And if you say you don't have money....Get a job.....I'm a college student, paying for tuition, food, my car and a million other things on my own and still have the money to see a show or two.

When I was high school Indie venues were pretty remarkable, looking back I have fond memories, but in all honesty, you can't just go to those shows. I think you need the full musical experience and not just one part of it.....Because 9 times out of ten, the indie bands you see in those small venues suck.....Trust me, I spent a lot of money seeing a lotttttt of bands that blow the big one, and once in a while you'll get a diamond in the rought.

TheBrothersMudd
Grunge zealot

Post by TheBrothersMudd »

SayHello2Heaven wrote:I remember when I was a hipster who only went to small club shows and refused to pay more than $20 to see a band......

In all honesty, seeing bands int hat stype of setting is a really cool experience, no questions about it. some of my greatest show experiences came from small clubs and small rock venues; I've talked with more band membes than I care to remember, gotten more autographs that I would've like too, and seen some pretty gnarly bands......BUT! If you're not willing to see a band in a bigger venue (stadiums or whatever) than you're missing out.

I was like y'all, just wanted to go to these indie venues and have that underground "cred" of seeing bands that no one knew about but you, and that no one liked but you. It's not the bands fault for getting a lot of attention, resorting to selling out stadiums, it's because they're making some pretty great music, if you like them, willing to spend $10 or whatever on their CD, a couple bucks for a shirt or two, why not splurge a little bit and see them in a big setting? And if you say you don't have money....Get a job.....I'm a college student, paying for tuition, food, my car and a million other things on my own and still have the money to see a show or two.

When I was high school Indie venues were pretty remarkable, looking back I have fond memories, but in all honesty, you can't just go to those shows. I think you need the full musical experience and not just one part of it.....Because 9 times out of ten, the indie bands you see in those small venues suck.....Trust me, I spent a lot of money seeing a lotttttt of bands that blow the big one, and once in a while you'll get a diamond in the rought.
I can't think of a stadium band that I would like to see? Maybe Paul McCartney? Jeff Mangum (I'd see him no matter where he would play), Sex Pistols, maybe Green Day, and thats a big maybe.
yep

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven »

Soundgarden? Pearl Jam? AIC? Foos?

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker »

I don't mind festival settings but stadium type stuff where you pay ten times more for worse sound and to be treated like cattle stuck in a seat bothers me. I'm a free range kid!

sadie

Post by sadie »

You have to remember that the places where they play for you just might be little bigger than here. I've always seen to the stage, always.

But yeah, there's no point in this so, I'm gone. See you later guys.
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

TheBrothersMudd
Grunge zealot

SayHello2Heaven wrote:Soundgarden? Pearl Jam? AIC? Foos?
Terrible, Terrible, Terrible, Meh
yep

P A I V
Grunge God

Post by P A I V »

TheBrothersMudd wrote:
Oh for fuck's sake.
There's no such thing as a sure thing. Of this, I'm sure.
twitter, tumblr, soundcloud, instagram
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:38 am
I don know who invented beer but I gotta salute that person

TheBrothersMudd
Grunge zealot

Slugg wrote:
TheBrothersMudd wrote:
Oh for fuck's sake.
what ?
yep

Creeper113
Grunge prophet

Post by Creeper113 »

You gotta admit this leaves one wondering what brings you here. Those being some of the most discussed bands on this forum aside from perhaps Nirvana and Hole.

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 »

TheBrothersMudd wrote:
Tell me you're trollin here.
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

sadie

Post by sadie »

This is the time I need to shut up :lol:

Just reminds me of someone...
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar »

Wait?! This isn't the Black Eyed Peas Forum?!

sadie

Post by sadie »

Well, mostly we talk about Justin Bieber, so I have no idea....

TheBrothersMudd
Grunge zealot

evee103 wrote:
TheBrothersMudd wrote:
Tell me you're trollin here.
No, I don't like Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, or Alice in Chains. a few Foo Fighters albums are pretty good, thus the meh.
yep

TheBrothersMudd
Grunge zealot

Creeper113 wrote:You gotta admit this leaves one wondering what brings you here. Those being some of the most discussed bands on this forum aside from perhaps Nirvana and Hole.
I joined this site awhile back, at first I really liked what I heard by AIC and Soundgarden, and what not. I just grew out of it really fast, started listening to Indie music, Punk music, and other grunge artists like the Mevlins, Lou Barlow, Mudhoney, etc.

as for the big show setting, I don't like the idea of them, I would like to see the band, thats what I paid for, isn't it? it's not that I don't like big bands, or that I wanna live up to some indie hipster thingy, I would probably go to a big show for Primus or Green Day, and other bands.
yep