Pretty on the Inside: 2011 reissue

Hole lotta Love! Discuss all things Courtney related here.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

garbadgeman94
Grunge fan

Re: Pretty on the Inside: 2011 reissue

Post by garbadgeman94 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:33 pm

You guys have to put into consideration.
Courtney absolutely hates POTI with a passion!
She's said in recent interviews that it's one of the worst albums she's ever done!
So I doubt she had any say-so in this! And just passed it along for the record company to deal with!
But I agree! They're should've been a remaster of sorts, some extra sessions! It would've been awesome to see the stuff from "The First Session" on there! Add Dicknail in the mix and you would have an awesome, awesome record! But, hey, I'm still gonna buy it, just to have a Hole album on vinyl! Oh and Nobody's Daughter too! :)

I'm a vinyl junkie! :mrgreen:

sodajerk93
Grunge guru

Post by sodajerk93 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:46 am

garbadgeman94 wrote:You guys have to put into consideration.
Courtney absolutely hates POTI with a passion!
She's said in recent interviews that it's one of the worst albums she's ever done!
So I doubt she had any say-so in this! And just passed it along for the record company to deal with!
But I agree! They're should've been a remaster of sorts, some extra sessions! It would've been awesome to see the stuff from "The First Session" on there! Add Dicknail in the mix and you would have an awesome, awesome record! But, hey, I'm still gonna buy it, just to have a Hole album on vinyl! Oh and Nobody's Daughter too! :)

I'm a vinyl junkie! :mrgreen:
Ha, I'd say Nobody's Daughter is by far the worst album she's ever done. I'm surprised she's disowned Pretty on the Inside to the extent she has, if you look past the awful mixing job it's got great songs on it. I'd love to own it on vinyl too, if they were to actually remix it. It's gonna take more than just a remaster to make that album vinyl-worthy.
I took a journey to the pyramids, there was nothing there but sand, and the ghost of a child who had never been born. In a thousand years, no one planted trees there, so all that grew from the sand was stone.

TheBrothersMudd
Grunge zealot

Post by TheBrothersMudd » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:03 pm

I can't believe I've never listened to this album before. It's really good.
yep