Rawness of Hole

Hole lotta Love! Discuss all things Courtney related here.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

evee103
Site Admin

Re: Rawness of Hole

Post by evee103 »

Canucker wrote:I once suffered from rawness of hole but I don't like to talk about it.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YES!

Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider »

Thread title made me laugh. :P

Scarabola
Grunge God

Post by Scarabola »

Forget raw, I like my Hole medium rare.

AlexInChains510
Grunge fan

Post by AlexInChains510 »

babes in toyland are good, but HOLE is legend...Hole is in a league of its own...I mean courtney love is a lyrical open wound, Its like she slits her wrists and let it bleed on the page...BEST GRUNGE BAND OF ALL TIME!
yea i said it!
lol

I tried to save my life, It didn't work.......

MechanicalWood
Grunge fan

Post by MechanicalWood »

AlexInChains510 wrote:babes in toyland are good, but HOLE is legend...Hole is in a league of its own...I mean courtney love is a lyrical open wound, Its like she slits her wrists and let it bleed on the page...BEST GRUNGE BAND OF ALL TIME!
yea i said it!
lol
It is true! lol I like what you said about the wrists

XsInMyEyes
Grunge guru

Post by XsInMyEyes »

Rawness of hole, ya dorty auld gett!
--
Pretty on The Inside ... where to bloody start!? Courtney and Co crawled out of the murky, smoke-filled bars of the Los Angeles rock scene with 40 minutes of the noisiest sludge to ever assault and complement the senses all at once, and its an achievement by my reckoning -- "Teenage Whore" set the British indie scene ablaze way back when.
What I mean is, that record's blistering riffs and banshee screeches sounded like having your back lacerated by the tallons of a pissed-off polar bear, with gallons battery acid later doused on the wounds, and in all of that it was an outstanding slab of rock, and the sheer abrasion and bleakness of it all intertwines itself with the alienation and anguish of youth... and what's more, I adore it for bringing a female persona, in Courtney Love, to the universe of brutal, unrelenting abrasive rock.
--
Hole's later melodic rock undoubtedly ticks the boxes the most -- but deny I will never the brilliance of their sludgy beginnings!
It's hard to start things over, You can feel the fire around us, All the time.