Hole news thread

Hole lotta Love! Discuss all things Courtney related here.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana, evee103

sadie

Re: Hole news thread

Post by sadie » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:38 am

Courtney & michael Stipe duet

http://www.courtney-love.org/courtney-a ... stipe-duet

COURTNEY TALKS NEW SOLO SINGLE
From RollingStone.com:
The Hole frontwoman also revealed that she's diving back into her solo career with the release of a new single, "This is War," that comes ahead of a possible album. Love, who turned to ex-Smashing Pumpkins guitarist James Iha to assist with production, is eyeing a February 7th release for the upbeat track. "I'd put it out right now because it's a two-minute, 59-second song and it's sick, slamming, great," Love said. "I think it'll go Number One in the U.K. However, in the United States, who fucking knows? I never thought I'd put out a 130, 135 BPM song. It's a really fast rock song. I'm telling you, it's probably the greatest rock song I've ever heard."
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

MechanicalWood
Grunge fan

Post by MechanicalWood » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 pm

sadie wrote:Courtney & michael Stipe duet

http://www.courtney-love.org/courtney-a ... stipe-duet

COURTNEY TALKS NEW SOLO SINGLE
From RollingStone.com:
The Hole frontwoman also revealed that she's diving back into her solo career with the release of a new single, "This is War," that comes ahead of a possible album. Love, who turned to ex-Smashing Pumpkins guitarist James Iha to assist with production, is eyeing a February 7th release for the upbeat track. "I'd put it out right now because it's a two-minute, 59-second song and it's sick, slamming, great," Love said. "I think it'll go Number One in the U.K. However, in the United States, who fucking knows? I never thought I'd put out a 130, 135 BPM song. It's a really fast rock song. I'm telling you, it's probably the greatest rock song I've ever heard."
All I want to know is when the heck she's releasing this

sadie

Post by sadie » Thu May 28, 2015 4:33 am

She actually sounds kickass, better than I expected.

I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

otherimprov
Site Admin

Post by otherimprov » Thu May 28, 2015 4:42 am

sadie wrote:She actually sounds kickass, better than I expected.

I watched it through your FB. She does indeed
Eat your water and drink your vegetables

boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar » Thu May 28, 2015 8:17 am

This?

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:34 am

Courtney Love Comes Under Attack While in Uber Car in France

Traveling abroad can be a tricky thing, as Courtney Love learned earlier today. The singer was in Paris and leaving the airport using Uber, when the vehicle she was in was attacked.
Paris is currently undergoing a battle between taxi workers and Uber drivers, with the taxi workers recently staging blockades as a way of picketing Uber, who have cut into their business. Unfortunately for Love, she was caught in the middle of the dispute when an Uber vehicle she was in was stopped by a mob of taxi drivers and attacked.
The singer shared the harrowing tale via Twitter, posting photos of a cracked window and telling how her driver had been taken hostage while the taxi workers were beating the vehicle with metal bats. “I’m safer in Baghdad,” tweeted Love at one point.
The vocalist called out French president Francois Hollande over the incident and began to question online where the police were during all of this conflict. Eventually, Love managed to get some passing motorcyclists involved, as they were able to get Love and the driver to safety while the taxi drivers hurled rocks at them as they sped away.
“We got out after being held hostage for an hour thanks to these two guys,” Love later revealed on Instagram and Twitter. “I’m scared out of my wits. Mr. François Hollande president or libertine? I can’t believe this really just happened. love French people but your government blows #happytobealive #parisuberstrike wtf??”

http://loudwire.com/courtney-love-under ... ar-france/
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
incessantmace wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 am
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

otherimprov
Site Admin

Post by otherimprov » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:37 pm

Poor Courtney, she's always in trouble
Eat your water and drink your vegetables

ae4779
Grunge fan

Post by ae4779 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:55 am

Hey, just wondering if there's been any recent news on if Hole might reform again? That would be pretty awesome. :D