Smashing Pumpkins - News Thread

Disputed leaders of grunge flavored alternative rock.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

Mithaearon
Grunge God

News: Smashing Pumpkins Premiere New Video

Post by Mithaearon » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:44 am

Taken from Ultimate Guitar :
MySpace Music proudly presents the global premiere of iconic alternative rock band Smashing Pumpkins' new music video for their latest single "G.L.O.W." Beginning today, the MySpace community around the world can watch the video by visiting this location. The song, "G.L.O.W," was released by the Smashing Pumpkins and marks the first time a band has recorded a new song exclusively for the Guitar Hero® franchise which was released afterwards.

The band is in the midst of a North American tour tour celebrating their 20th anniversary, playing two night stands (with different set lists for each night) in most of the cities on the tour route. For more information and tour dates please visit the band's official MySpace profile. The Smashing Pumpkins have more than 270,000 friends on MySpace.

MySpace Music officially launched in September 2008 and has since become a global leader in the digital music space and the platform of choice for artists at all levels to share their content with music fans around the world. In a little over a month, MySpace Music has exclusively premiered new albums and singles from such high profile artists as Guns N' Roses, The Killers, Kanye West, The Cure, Oasis, Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Linkin Park and John Legend amongst others.

MySpace Music revolves around the millions major, indie, and unsigned artists that use their MySpace music profiles to communicate and intimately connect with fans and friends. Each music profile empowers artists to upload video content, blog, post tour dates, lyrics, and make their music available to fans for stream or download. As one of the most popular and highly trafficked music platforms in the world, MySpace Music has evolved into an offline experience by connecting bands and fans around the world through various concert series and live events.

00's suck
Grunge God

Re: News: Smashing Pumpkins Premiere New Video

Post by 00's suck » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:59 pm

the pumpkins are awesome, but there definantly is a difference in the sound from the old pumpkins to the new pumpkins. I mean its not that big of a deal, corgan is still in it, he's like the kurt cobain of the pumpkins! :D
"I can't believe you like money too. We should hang out."

Mithaearon
Grunge God

Post by Mithaearon » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:40 am

I actually thought this song was closer to their earlier sound than all their other later stuff.

Bleach
Grunge master

Post by Bleach » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:39 am

This is a great advancement from the disaster known as 'Zeitgeist'. 8D
It's got a similar concept to 'Siva' (especially the basswork); and it sounds fucking fresh.

incessantmace
Site Admin

Re:

Post by incessantmace » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:33 am

curmudgeon1980 wrote:Sorry folks, but I still like the album. People have disliked pretty much anything they did after Mellon Collie, but I stood by them and still do, hell, Adore is one of my favorite albums, and people HATED that one.
I didn't hate it. It was good but no match for Mellon Collie or Siamese Dream. On the other hand it wasn't designed to be that, so of all the non-favorite albums, Adore is still my most favorite ;)

Oh yeah, For Martha was a monster of a song. And Ava Adore wasn't bad as well.
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
P A I V wrote: fuck off i talk new york

sadie

Re: Smashing Pumpkins - News Thread

Post by sadie » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:12 am

Hey guys, I know this is kind of gossip, but what's the deal with Billy and Jessica Simpson?? Finnish website says they are gonna do music together, but I really don't trust in that. There were pics of them hanging in studio, but they are deleted from Jessicas twitter... It's not like it matters or anything, I'm just curious.... :oops:

//edit. I found those, even its from Perez, but anyway.
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

Beeswax
Grunge God

Post by Beeswax » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:14 am

I think it's true, grungereport.net posted that too: http://grungereport.net/2010/01/14/bill ... a-simpson/
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/rissa333/andycolorbar.png[/img]

sadie

Post by sadie » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:16 am

Hmm. That's... interesting. I'm not a huge Jessica Simpson fan.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

Beeswax
Grunge God

Post by Beeswax » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:21 am

Haha, no, me neither :) . The credits are New York Daily News, I don't know on what level that newspaper is (not the Sun - level, I hope), so it looks kinda true :) .
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/rissa333/andycolorbar.png[/img]

sadie

Post by sadie » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:26 am

Well we just have to wait and see if it's true.

infinitegrunge
Grunge zealot

Post by infinitegrunge » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:33 pm

The idea is just so weird. How exactly would they work together? It's not like she writes songs or anything.

j-bug
Site Admin

Post by j-bug » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:35 pm

thier dating.
:twisted:

Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:53 pm

shows that he likes stupid bimbo blondes
shanze wrote:And you will. You will.

Then you put your spell on him and Jerry shall be yours.

FOREVER!

sadie

Post by sadie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:11 am

Yea I did read somewhere that they're dating, and that's ok, but I didin't believe that they're gonna do music together... They're like night and day, so it's interesting to see which way they go.... :)

tracheae
Grunge master

Post by tracheae » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:04 pm

Oh, i remember reading that too somwhere.. Weird :lol: