Reunion

Disputed leaders of grunge flavored alternative rock.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Reunion

Post by KristinNirvana » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:48 pm

Does anyone have any info about the classic-lineup reunion?
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud

sadie

Re: Reunion

Post by sadie » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:35 pm

From AlternativeNation. Dated 26th.
Billy Corgan Reveals Why He’s ‘Hopeful’ For ‘Complicated’ Smashing Pumpkins Reunion

Billy Corgan was asked about reports of a possible Smashing Pumpkins reunion in a new WGN Radio interview.

“What you get into is you get into the world that is, internally, and the world that operates outside. The world as it operates outside is more of an impressionistic headline driven world, so the simplest headline is: ‘Smashing Pumpkins To Reunite In 20XX.’ That’s a headline I’d like to see. The actual real world daily blur or interest or curiosity in that comes in that the band has healed its wounds and is back in communication, so invariably of course that leads to the next best thing, which is if you can get on the phone and talk, and if James can join you on stage [which he did last year], so I get it.

I don’t really know what to say about it other than I’ll believe it when I see it. I don’t mean it negatively, I mean it positively. Because I don’t want to be that person that says, ‘Yeah, it’s gonna happen, and I really feel it in my bones.’ Then it just doesn’t click. I don’t want to set that expectation not only for others, but also for myself.”

He added, “I remain hopeful, but as a unit, if you include D’arcy in it, as a unit we have not played together for 18 years. So…putting humpty dumpty back together again is a little bit more complicated than ‘hey, let’s meet at the rehearsal space and crank up.’ It’s a little bit more complicated, and that’s not because it’s negative. You just don’t have the infrastructure and the emotional infrastructure to re-engage. That’s all I know about it at the moment. I remain hopeful, and I would love to do it, and I certainly would love to do it with them.”
I did listen to the new Corgan single, it sounded like him.
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

sadie

Post by sadie » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:38 pm

Smashing Pumpkins’ Billy Corgan & James Iha Record New Music: ‘I Talk To D’arcy All The Time’

Billy Corgan told Rolling Stone in a new interview that James Iha played on his new solo track “The Processional,” which appears on his new solo album Ogilala, as well as a B-side from the album.

“I sent him some [songs] and said to him, ‘I feel like this is right up your alley’ as far as the kind of music he likes to work on,” says Corgan. “He picked out two songs, though one will likely be a B side.”

He also said he currently has a solid friendship with D’arcy Wretzky.

“I talk to D’arcy all the time,” says Corgan. “We reconnected, I guess, about a year and half ago. We talk really regularly. I’m really happy to have her back in my life.”

Corgan also said he only really has an interest in continuing under The Smashing Pumpkins name with his original bandmates, “I think my interest in working on just the name Smashing Pumpkins is not as interesting to me without original people involved. It doesn’t seem to have the same resonant energy for me. I like to think that if I do any work in the future it would be with them, if possible.”

Corgan said a reunion tour has been discussed, but nothing is currently officially signed.

“[A reunion tour] has been knocked about,” says Corgan. “There’s certainly gears that turn and things get waved around, but until it’s inked, I’m in the dark as much as anybody … But I’ll say this and I mean it: If we never play a note together again, that’s OK. I’m way, way more interested in the fact that we have peace with each other. I’ve reached the point in my life where I’m not in a hurry to get to anything. If it’s there, great. If it’s not, cool.”
https://www.alternativenation.net/smash ... arcy-time/
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:37 am

Didn't have time to read it yet....any word on a ZWAN Reunion????