New Sub Pop Book

This is a board for discussion about grunge on the whole. Stuff that doesn't relate to specific bands alone can go in here. Feel free to share with us how you discovered grunge and give your opinion as to what grunge is to you.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Canucker
Grunge God

New Sub Pop Book

Post by Canucker » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:33 pm

Just picked up the new(ish....its from fall of 2018 apparently) Sub Pop book....world domination the sub pop records story..... so far its pretty much more of the same aside from the beginning where they talk about the Sub Pop 20th anniversary. I was shocked when the teller asked me to fork over $34 bucks for it. I'm up here in Canada and they hadn't covered the amrican cover price....and it didn't actually say that was the US price so the book store gave it to me for the $21.99 price (i think thats what it is...I left it at work). Its just 176 pages because its part of some RPM series and I guess they are sticking to a format or something.

Has anyone else picked this one up? Your thoughts?
Attachments
sub pop.jpg
sub pop.jpg (11.92 KiB) Viewed 536 times

Canucker
Grunge God

Re: New Sub Pop Book

Post by Canucker » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:56 pm

hmmm so after about close to half way through the book they are done with the era we all know and love....and its decline and they are on to the partnership with Warner Bros. Not something thats very exciting to me but maybe some of you would get a kick out of it. I was shocked to find out that for a short time they had an office in Toronto.... I was completely oblivious to that. Somewhere around the mid to late 90s which would have been the era where I started to venture downtown and of course obsessively pick up the free entertainment paper that always had all the show listings....shocked that I read noting about it in there EVER and the only sub pop release I recall seeing anywhere was Bleach.