I saw Jack Endino at a grocery store over here

This is a board for discussion about grunge on the whole. Stuff that doesn't relate to specific bands alone can go in here. Feel free to share with us how you discovered grunge and give your opinion as to what grunge is to you.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

I saw Jack Endino at a grocery store over here

Post by KristinNirvana » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:14 pm

I went shopping at like midnight after work at this store really close to my work called Ballard Market since it's open 24 hours, and I saw Jack Endino there! He was with a woman and they were waiting for several minutes by the checkout line for one of the workers to do something (they were probably trying to find something). I wasn't sure if I should say hi or not so I didn't, but then I posted a little message on his public facebook profile and he said he had just gotten back from Italy an hour before then and was delirious and jet lagged and hadn't slept in 28 hours, so I guess it's not a bad thing I didn't talk to him then. But that was cool! My first spotting of a grunge god in Seattle.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud

SKUNCHBAG
Grunge God

Re: I saw Jack Endino at a grocery store over here

Post by SKUNCHBAG » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:32 pm

Wait... you didn't even say hi? Kristin, how could you... I would run up to the man, rip my shirt off and ask him to sign my chest. I'm being dead serious here.
sky above, voice within

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:10 pm

I got nervous! The dude's one of the reason's I moved here, and I wasn't sure if he'd think it would be creepy if I was all "Oh my god I love you!" :P
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud

SKUNCHBAG
Grunge God

Post by SKUNCHBAG » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:55 pm

That's understandable, Endino's levels of badassery are completely off the charts. You should still think of a non-creepy way of approaching him though, just in case you happen to see him again.
sky above, voice within

PunkingtonGrunge
Grunge God

Post by PunkingtonGrunge » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:58 am

To be honest, seeing famous people and intruding on their every day life makes me feel like a dick. I never make a big deal out of it when I do encounter someone famous.
Now I think it's alright, to feel inhuman...
Comin' at ya quiet and underwhelming from the unremarkable soundscapes of Farmer Jan!!!11!1!1one!!1
https://soundcloud.com/blueblueblur

sadie

Post by sadie » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:23 am

PunkingtonGrunge wrote:To be honest, seeing famous people and intruding on their every day life makes me feel like a dick. I never make a big deal out of it when I do encounter someone famous.
Same. Even at signing after gig I feel really bad for bothering them, I try not to fangirl too much, be polite and leave as quick as possible :lol:
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

PunkingtonGrunge
Grunge God

Post by PunkingtonGrunge » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:26 pm

I saw Helena Bonham-Carter in Covent Garden once and it took my mum a moment to realise what had just happened, she immediately looked at me and squealed ''run after her'' but I told her she's probably just out doing her shopping, best not to bother her.
Now I think it's alright, to feel inhuman...
Comin' at ya quiet and underwhelming from the unremarkable soundscapes of Farmer Jan!!!11!1!1one!!1
https://soundcloud.com/blueblueblur